Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.14, 09:18 AM   #491
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I want one too, except I was a little too tight on money when the first few of those posters (without glass frames) showed up on Y!JA. I'm gonna be on the lookout for another one. It's best to get SR/TJ posters during the first month they are out, otherwise they become too rare, too costly, and the few you find are less likely to be in pristine condition.
Old 2009.04.17, 05:22 PM   #492
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I own some stuffs!

MoRA (both versions, by accident)
Shouso Strip (first press? pink slipcase!)
Shouso Strip (limited vinyl)
Muzai Moratorium (limited vinyl)
Heisei Fuuzoku (limited edition)

.. wow, didn't realize it was that much until now!

Last edited by Simon : 2009.04.17 at 05:58 PM.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.17, 05:32 PM   #493
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Simon, just so you know...

Your Heisei Fuuzoku CD isn't "first-press".

The "not regular" version is limited edition with its own separate catalog number, and an officially-boosted price. As for Shouso Strip, I'm a little hazy on the details for whether the pink version is merely an early-buyer perk at the same catalog number and same price as regular, or if it's another limited. I'm leaning toward limited, but I'm not certain on it like I am with Heisei Fuuzoku.
Old 2009.04.17, 08:57 PM   #494
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I checked my Shouso Strips. (cause that's the normal thing to do at 06:00 am )

TOCT-24321-U 3 A2 / Slipcase Version

TOCT-24321-U 7 / Standard Edition
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.18, 01:06 AM   #495
Glathannus
True Final Boss

TOCT-24321 is the most important section of the info for people who aren't comparing Secure rips.

So I guess that means the pink version really is a first-press.
*updates his ownership list*
Old 2009.04.18, 02:21 AM   #496
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
TOCT-24321 is the most important section of the info for people who aren't comparing Secure rips.

So I guess that means the pink version really is a first-press.
*updates his ownership list*
whats a secure rip? I have all 3 SS, limited, regular, and promo. good album. but man, I've left some glaring holes in my Ringo collection go unnoticed for quite some while. First off, I still need the Mayonaka vinyl. I have all the Jihen limited edition vinyls, including the sealed Gunjo Biyori/Sounan, but I still need MM and SS. And then i won't talk about how regretful I am that I let MoRA get away. ;;sigh;; at least I manage to have most other things. Collecting Ringo can almost be as difficult as collecting Tori sometimes.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.18, 02:56 AM   #497
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
whats a secure rip?
It's a scientific guarantee that your ripping process hasn't misconstrued anything on the audio CD. This happens quite normally because the built-in error correction on audio CDs is very weak and open to misinterpretations compared to data CDs. Odds are, even a brand new or flawless surface audio CD won't be ripped properly without a Secure method. Variety is one of the very few CDs I've come across where it turned out that my ripping drive never had to read any sector more than twice to be certain about it - but most people are using different drives, so just because I didn't have to re-read Variety doesn't mean your drive wouldn't have to.

XLD is the only OSX software that can do Secure ripping, while dBpowerAMP and Exact Audio Copy are the only Windows software that can do it. They all have to be configured specifically for your ripping drive. Then there's PlexTools for Plextor drives, which doesn't need to be configured because it already knows everything about the drives it works with.

The reason that any of the extra numbers mentioned by Ringo~Bingo would be important to people like me, is if it turns out our rips don't exactly match each other. If we are doing Secure ripping, then our rips of the same album should exactly match if all the numbers on the bottom of our discs are the same, but once those numbers deviate, it means the factory did a different pressing (in the literal & unofficial sense - not necessarily in the packaging/marketing sense), and different pressings almost always have oh-so-slightly different versions of the same track, from like milliseconds of silence being added or subtracted from the beginning or the end. The differences may be inaudible but they are enough to generate different MD5 fingerprints (all it takes is for 1 byte to be different somewhere).

People who care about lossless but don't also care about Secure ripping, are wasting their hard drive space on large rips that aren't bit-for-bit identical archival/backup copies of the original CDs. When a disaster hits your physical collection and you want to reproduce the discs from your rips, the 1s and the 0s won't all be the same as the original even though digital copying is supposed to be perfect, because you didn't read the original disc properly to begin with. So you could be doing an accurate burn of an inaccurate rip, and the only role that lossless has in the scenario is to accurately reproduce the inaccurately-ripped raw audio that you fed into the lossless. Even if you never use CD players and never burn anything, why wouldn't you want your archived collection to exactly match its origins?

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I have all 3 SS, limited, regular, and promo. good album. but man, I've left some glaring holes in my Ringo collection go unnoticed for quite some while. First off, I still need the Mayonaka vinyl. I have all the Jihen limited edition vinyls, including the sealed Gunjo Biyori/Sounan, but I still need MM and SS. And then i won't talk about how regretful I am that I let MoRA get away. ;;sigh;; at least I manage to have most other things. Collecting Ringo can almost be as difficult as collecting Tori sometimes.
Those sealed Gunjou Biyori / Sounan vinyls are worth a small fortune now. The only two new ones you can find on Y!JA right now, keep getting relisted for 8800yen, and from different sellers too. I think Muzai Moratorium and Shouso Strip LPs are still available from some of the major vendors, and then Mayonaka wa Junketsu LPs are very abundant and cheap to get at Y!JA in any condition. MoRA is totally gone from stores. You have to go to Y!JA and pay DVD-Box price for the CD-Box, and then pay something even more ridiculous for the actual DVD-Box.
Old 2009.04.18, 11:59 AM   #498
kuro_neko

yeah, I know, its just killing me that I would have to spend so much on it since I was just lazy last time. especially since SMJ mysteriously removed my deposit from my balance. skeeeettcccchhh
Old 2009.04.18, 10:56 PM   #499
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Finally took pictures of my Ringo collection...

I also took pictures of my other major music collections (Sigur Ros, Arcade Fire, The Notwist and Jens Lekman) and put them on my blog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ringo1.jpg (395.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ringo2.jpg (225.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ringo3.jpg (264.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg tj1.jpg (381.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 2009.04.18, 11:46 PM   #500
kuro_neko

thats pretty nice. unfortunately my ringo collection is in fragmented pieces in several locations, mainly my apartment in Hawai'i and my house in Boston. Pretty much everthing from the anniversary upwards is here with me. So I can't line them up all organized and take a pretty picture like yours. that is nice though. I own her entire discography with the exception of the MM and SS vinyls, the Mayonaka Vinyl, and MoRA. Other than that, I have it all, singles, albums, vinyls, first presses, including Jihen and the collaborations, but you collection STILL made me feel envious. So good job. I noticed some of yours were still shrink wrapped. That takes a lot of restraint. I have this weird thing where I don't like buying used, I must have things new and wrapped, but even if I don't use them I have to be the one to open them, its like taking their virginity, they become mine that way. sick, no? so everytime I see a pretty shrink wrapped item I just think of my dirty and deflowered (and probably played 1 time) collection at my house, XD. Actually, from Kyouiku up I've been a heavy collector, but before that I used to spin the singles and albums in the cd player in the car all the time. To think I had the cds in vinyl cases always in my car ;;shudders;; it makes me so upset to think about it now, hahaha. OCD.