Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.29, 10:57 AM   #1181
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

^ Yeah, I am pretty sure I am going to give up on Supernatural. I finished the season a couple days ago and am really noooottt dying to see what happens next. It all got really boring towards the end, I kept being like "Is the episode over yet?" That's a sign that I shouldn't be struggling through a show anymore. Plus I honestly think they have completely jumped the shark. I'm pissed that even the angels have turned out to be lawless and self-serving too, and Sam's demon eyes put me over the edge. Ugh.
Old 2009.05.29, 07:39 PM   #1182
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Up is really good.
Old 2009.05.30, 04:00 PM   #1183
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Excel Saga!
Old 2009.05.30, 04:08 PM   #1184
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
^ Yeah, I am pretty sure I am going to give up on Supernatural. I finished the season a couple days ago and am really noooottt dying to see what happens next. It all got really boring towards the end, I kept being like "Is the episode over yet?" That's a sign that I shouldn't be struggling through a show anymore. Plus I honestly think they have completely jumped the shark. I'm pissed that even the angels have turned out to be lawless and self-serving too, and Sam's demon eyes put me over the edge. Ugh.
really? I thought Season 4 was really quite good. The last episode was kind of a waste of space cuz all that happened was a set up for the fifth season, but it might have been different had I watched it week by week and not in a 5 day span or so.

After Season Two the writers clearly wrapped up the major Sam storyline as far as theyw ere concerned and you can see that, Season 3 was kind of struggling for a bit to figure out what to do and they didn't know if it would be renewed so they wrote it like it would be the last. Of course they knew before the writer's strike it was coming back so that is they they ended it the way they did. read: with dean in hell (no way they would have pulled that if they weren't coming back for season 4. they admit they knew they were sending dean to hell at the start of the season and didn't come up with the idea for angels later on cuz Kripke was very opposed to angels in the show. they were originally planning sam to go dark trying to get dean out of of hell....

with season 4, I think Sam got less and less likeable but I thought what they were doing was kind of ballsy. I liked how far apart they pulled the brothers and I generally liked the storyline about seals and how everyone was getting fucked up. I also like how it revisted old threads and tied everything up, such as family history, a little brotherly backstory, the YED's end-game, etc. I actually really like how/where it ended with the exception that I don't want to see SPOILER : sam become lucifer's vessel. I hope Season Five starts in real time with some crazy shit going on and it takes a few episodes to catch back up. The creator always said he had a 5 season plan for the show so I think it should get wrapped up nicely, unless they bring it back for another season, then who knows.

sam looked so bad with demon eyes, lol. Oh, about the angels, yeah, they got kind of obnoxious, but I liked how unpredictable it was, with them being assholes. I didn't like Uriel, I kept on thinking how he was walking pride and as a major sin I sincerely doubt angels would be so boastful and full of pride. But I like the idea of the angels going berserk without God in sight, kind of reminds me of Metatron from His Dark Materials. I wonder if Dean and Sam are going to find and kill the false God? That is going to go over well with the christian groups, it did so well with HDM.

Supernatural, much like The X-Files or any mythology show, often works best in the stand-alone non-mythology episodes. They take so much time to develop the characters it is a lot more fun watching them in monster of the week episodes than anything heavily plot related once you truly get to know them.
Old 2009.05.30, 04:10 PM   #1185
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Up is really good.
I wannnnaaaaaaaa seeeeeeeeee thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Old 2009.05.30, 04:22 PM   #1186
kuro_neko

oh, almost forgot

Drag Me To Hell was excellent.
Old 2009.05.30, 11:42 PM   #1187
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

yeahhh it seems the online response has been mainly positive to the season finale, but it really just bored me and I don't care to see what happens next. I guess my main thing with Supernatural is that I am easily disturbed, so it REALLY scares the shit out of me sometimes. The episode with the ghouls made me sick to my stomach with all the blood. (I know, I'm a big wuss, and I'm okay with that.) I think that if season 5 turns out to be its last, after it's over and we all know it's over, I will download it all at once and watch it just because I've seen everything else. But if it continues on to 6+ seasons, then I'm happy to have given up on it here.

Also, my friend who originally got me into the show doesn't even bother to keep up with it anymore. So, it's kind of me watching it by myself now for no real reason, other than I enjoy the eyecandy and the moments of humor (like Jensen and his hilaaaarious "Eye of the Tiger" routine at the end of that one episode this season, or the amazing GHOSTFACERS episode from last season).
Old 2009.05.31, 02:29 PM   #1188
kuro_neko

the gore on supernatural can totally be in your facing shocking. I watch a lot of horror so it never really bothers me, but watching dean get sliced up by hell hounds and sam's wrists ripped open by ghouls was pretty hellish. my personal meeehhhs were the razor blade in the mouth for the halloween episode and the teeth being ripped out by a witch's curse in Season 3, so gross.

up until this month I hadn't watched it since the season two finale. sometimes its good to just wait and marathon the shizzat out of it.
Old 2009.05.31, 04:38 PM   #1189
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yay I got to see Up today! Christopher Plummer is always in my heart, even if he is a bad guy.

It was typical adorable Pixar fare. I think I like WALL-E better though. But it's definitely worth the ticket price. And the short in the beginning is soooo cute I was bursting with smiles after it.

last.fm
Old 2009.06.01, 05:49 AM   #1190
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm watching speed grapher right now
damn, why didn't I watch it before!
it's fucking great

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Closed Thread