Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.05.15, 07:28 PM   #141
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

alright I'll head to my local tower records today and see if I can get the poster. I also think I found a a used copy of the le Heisei fuzzoku at book off
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.16, 01:47 AM   #142
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

OMG so bubblegum....embaressing.

I've only heard the 3 tracks on Jpopsuki but i dont even know if i am going to bother with this woman anymore, i know there is a chance i will like a song or two but it might not even be worth it...

About to listen to the new Waa Wei (TW), not as consistantly good as Ringo used to be but currently the only pop music i am following
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.16, 04:29 AM   #143
anonlurker

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
OMG so bubblegum....embaressing.

I've only heard the 3 tracks on Jpopsuki but i dont even know if i am going to bother with this woman anymore, i know there is a chance i will like a song or two but it might not even be worth it...

About to listen to the new Waa Wei (TW), not as consistantly good as Ringo used to be but currently the only pop music i am following
A bit overly dramatic maybe? (she's always going to be worth keeping an eye on) but I do see where you're coming from. Besides for maybe two tracks I think this was a completely squandered opportunity. It just sounds so bad. I was really hoping for her to go at these tracks with something off the wall but it's just a big disappointment.

I'll keep my preorder as I like the case it's in but I don't see it getting any play whatsoever.

R.I.P. Cappuccino.
Old 2014.05.16, 05:41 AM   #144
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
^Anyone who makes that kind of assumption is a decade behind everyone else.
Note the fact that I'm joking.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.16, 07:38 AM   #145
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
and in related news, this happened:

I think KPP needs to listen to the new Private and take some notes
By "research" does she mean come out from whatever rock she's been under the last 15 years?
Old 2014.05.16, 08:48 AM   #146
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
A bit overly dramatic maybe? (she's always going to be worth keeping an eye on) but I do see where you're coming from. Besides for maybe two tracks I think this was a completely squandered opportunity. It just sounds so bad. I was really hoping for her to go at these tracks with something off the wall but it's just a big disappointment.
Are you suggesting it sounds like Jihen? If so I agree, but others may not.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.16, 09:48 AM   #147
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

You can't please all the people all of the time. The way some of you talk about Ringo makes me laugh.

" Besides for maybe two tracks I think this was a completely squandered opportunity. It just sounds so bad. I was really hoping for her to go at these tracks with something off the wall but it's just a big disappointment."

You haven't even heard the full album...are you saying this based off a couple minute long preview tracks and the PV?
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.16, 11:22 AM   #148
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
You haven't even heard the full album...are you saying this based off a couple minute long preview tracks and the PV?
I believe four full songs are out there now. I have no motivation to download the torrent though.

You should also you the forum's quote function if you want to quote somebody. Name names.
Old 2014.05.16, 11:58 AM   #149
anonlurker

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
You can't please all the people all of the time. The way some of you talk about Ringo makes me laugh.

" Besides for maybe two tracks I think this was a completely squandered opportunity. It just sounds so bad. I was really hoping for her to go at these tracks with something off the wall but it's just a big disappointment."

Yes. I doubt there's game-changing magic hidden from view. And we already have 3 full tracks from it as well. The taint of Jihen is all over it. I pre-emptively find it a missed chance and am strongly confident that it'll prove true come release. I take no joy in this by the way, I'm gutted about it. I was really looking forward to this.

Seishun no Mabataki is good and maybe one more but that's it. Private got wrecked and 雨傘 is truly dire.

Last edited by anonlurker : 2014.05.16 at 12:01 PM.
Old 2014.05.16, 01:24 PM   #150
hedgehog

hedgehog has had more than 15 seconds of fame

真夏の脱獄者 sounds like Sonic 2 Chemical plant zone. Pretty sweet. 雨傘 is alright. Part of the melody sounds like Kono yo no kagiri. I'm a pretty big fan of 青春の瞬き. Preferred Tomosaka's カプチーノ. プライベイト sounded like it could be a Lazy Town song.

Not too bad overall. I'll eventually buy it.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote