Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.06.22, 07:20 PM   #831
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

It has been confirmed that Oomori's second A-side on this single "Sacchan no Sexy Curry" will be used as the Ending theme to the upcoming anime "Food Wars: Shokugeki no Souma". I expect it to sound something along the lines of "Imitation Girl".

While I have no interest in the anime in question, it looks like some cooking battle thing. The website is here http://shokugekinosoma.com/ incase there are any people interested (though, I'd assume anyone keen would already know by now seeing as it a second season).

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.06.22 at 07:26 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.25, 04:29 PM   #832
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

i will be watching the anime if its on crunchyroll
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.25, 06:01 PM   #833
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Tower Records bonus disc design.
Old 2015.07.02, 06:08 PM   #834
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hey guys,

I've been in a kind of life slump as of late (as you can imagine Seiko's music comes in handy) and one of the goals of this summer was for me to get some translating done. Wonderful World End is high on my list of things to do, I did most of the trailer for practice, and I figure it would be a good project to kind of get me up and running again. Work has also been really slow lately and my managers are urging me to take time off even if I'm not planning to travel...I figure just doing my own thing and holing up in my place for a few days would be good enough to do subtitles.
My only question is...do you all know of anyone else working on this film's subtitles? Or if there is an official release on the horizon? I'd be devstated if I took this on and someone already had it nearly done...or worse, a fancy official release get's announced (though this would be pretty cool, actually!). Just wanted to confirm if anyone had any info, I'm kind of clueless as to what kind of Seiko communities exist other than this one.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.02, 06:30 PM   #835
deadgrandma

As far as I know, noone is working on subs. People have said they were going to but nothing ever came from it. Not an easy task.

Third Window in the UK mentioned it in a newsletter under their 'new releases in Japan' section, but whether or not they will ever do anything official with it is another question. It also got a run at the Berlin Film Festival.

As far as a community goes, nothing else I am aware of in English is around except for the JPS thread. Theres a few people on last.fm that don't participate here too. There is a lot of people I talk to from Japan (one in particular seems to know most news before it hits anywhere else, and has a bootleg goldmine).

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.07.02 at 06:45 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.02, 08:24 PM   #836
anonlurker

^^whether anyone else is or isn't doing it (probably not tbh), you should get to work anyway to motivate yourself and help with your life slump. I'll have the DVD in a few weeks when Magic Mirror turns up if you need a raw ISO to work with.
Old 2015.07.02, 08:53 PM   #837
deadgrandma

So, like, when does the freshness of Sennou start to wear off? The more I listen, the newer it sounds. Usually, by this point, no matter how much I love an album, I'll have started to have gotten over the hype stage. However, with Sennou I'm finding I love it more and more with each passing day. I'm constantly reassessing my initial thoughts on it. Hell, I may actually rank it on par with Mahou Ga now.

My favourite song changes all the time too. I'm now stuck on Imitation Girl, I cannot believe that something so idol can be so damn legit. The other day I was at work and couldn't wait to go home. Not for the usual reasons that 'its work, this day better go quick', but to go home and blast this thing on the stereo. Hell, my once Oomori hating wife is starting to succumb to it's charms.

Why am I typing this? I dunno. Another stan rant perhaps, but it's not for the hell of it. I've had an epithany, and it's just taken me this long to realise just how amazing Sennou actually is. I feel I have underappreciated it compared to her other work for too long and I need to address this. Sennou is the bomb. I regret not putting it as my number 1 of last year now.

Go ahead, roll your eyes. I don't give a fuck :-p
Old 2015.07.02, 08:56 PM   #838
anonlurker

Told you it was 10/10 back when it dropped.

Just a flawless pop album full of legit classics. Not one single meh/skip track on it. It's better than Mahou, always thought that even though Mahou is pretty much perfect as well, just sets a different tone.
Old 2015.07.03, 08:52 AM   #839
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I was drowning in Sennou when it first dropped. The more I listened to it the more I liked it, until I burnt myself out on it. I revisited it again recently and it still sounds as fresh as ever like DG mentioned. The production is flawless. Every instrument is clear in the mix and it's a joy to listen to.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.03, 10:51 AM   #840
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

In the past 2-3 months I've found myself listening to Sennou more than Mahou because I'm never not in the mood for Sennou, but I'll queue up Kitty's Blues and say "eh, I don't really want to do this whole thing right now." And Kitty's Blues is top 5 for me.

That sounds like the compete opposite of what I said when I first posted here, so I dunno. Call it brainwashing.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote