Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.07.28, 09:19 AM   #11
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

At this point of time, SAPS are too awesome for SR. They need to work with people like Jose James more.... He's got such a buttery smooth voice and sings with such great groove and feel, hits the spot all the time! He's already done something with J.A.M so a future collaboration wouldn't be too out of reach! Or Sharon Jones! Damn a collab with Sharon Jones would be extremely fun, I'm trying to imagine a Death Soul/Jazz kinda thing... would be so completely awesome! But I'm just dreaming...
Old 2009.07.28, 07:50 PM   #12
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Yeah, some S&PS' members played during that medley. Just that xD.
it was during Phase 1, but right at the start, and the formation was most of the members of Phase 1 (not everyone was playing, I can't remember who was and isn't, but based on mp3, it sounds like Hata and H Zett M definitely, I am not sure about hirama or kameda), and then two members from Soil and Pimp, Moto and someone else...

basically I think Ringo needs to add some spice to her lineup. Rather than being a typical 5 piece band they should introduce another 2-3 members and rotate bodies/instruments depending on the song. the medley came out awesome and sometimes Jihen suffers from that band over-produced issue that haunts a lot of people.
Old 2009.07.29, 10:03 AM   #13
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
it was during Phase 1, but right at the start, and the formation was most of the members of Phase 1 (not everyone was playing, I can't remember who was and isn't, but based on mp3, it sounds like Hata and H Zett M definitely, I am not sure about hirama or kameda), and then two members from Soil and Pimp, Moto and someone else...
Every member of Phase 1 played during the Jihen Ondo performance. There's a video of it. The other member of S&"P"S was Tabu Zombie.
Old 2009.07.29, 12:45 PM   #14
kuro_neko

i've seen the video, I just don't recall all the other members since they stay off to the sides.

ringo should boot ukigumo and add a horn or something exotic. its kind of pointless to have him for guitar when the pianist can outplay him.
Old 2009.07.29, 12:57 PM   #15
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

or hey, get a REAL guitarist. Something versatile!
Old 2009.07.29, 01:34 PM   #16
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Or form a new band. With all these collabs, she'll eventually form a superband.

Or actually, with all these collabs, she'll eventually collaborate with Western artists. Like Black Eyed Peas.
Old 2009.07.29, 05:01 PM   #17
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Ringo feat. Black Eyed Peas? uhh I don't really know how it would sound... although I didn't like Koda Kumi x Fergie song

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.07.29, 05:52 PM   #18
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

why are we dream shipping her with BEP?? Christ, they're even bigger sell outs AND pussy-outs. How bout Shiina and Rivers Cuomo (of Weezer) -- brings in some guitar for a change and he has yellow fever pretty bad.
Old 2009.07.29, 06:28 PM   #19
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
why are we dream shipping her with BEP?? Christ, they're even bigger sell outs AND pussy-outs. How bout Shiina and Rivers Cuomo (of Weezer) -- brings in some guitar for a change and he has yellow fever pretty bad.
um, ew. so we are going to support yellow fever? besides, after his japanese cover song I really don't think I'd like to seriously listen to him sing in any language but english.

if ringo did a stateside collab, sorry folks, but it needs to be with courtney love. ringo references her several times and this has been discussed before, but courtney, regardless of how much of a hot mess she has been lately, is probably the only person I can see sharing the stage with Ringo. it would bring ringo's rawk back out.
Old 2009.07.29, 07:07 PM   #20
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Because BEP are the kind of artists the Shiina of today would collaborate with, instead of someone LIKE MIKE PATTON, although his music is probably too eccentric for Ringo, who has really been downplaying her eccentric side recently in favour of genericity (Mostly. Sanmon Gossip still got it a bit)

Actually, that's not really true. Her musical influences are good for the most part, and she chose talented people to collaborate with in Sanmon Gossip. But then there's Ukigumo. But even he suddenly becomes awesome when it's a solo deal.

Tokyo Jihad: Are you serious about the Weezer guy? I've only listened to a bit of Pinkerton, but remember in that other thread just now when I was talking about other fans pissing on their favourite artists because they've grown older and blah blah blah? I was talking about Weezer fans, at least from what I've seen on NeoGAF.

Do you know who Shiina needs to collaborate with? The Togatta Teguchi guy. For a WHOLE ALBUM.
Closed Thread