Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2013.06.04, 10:00 AM   #61
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Superficial Fan View Post
So far the Sa Dingding is sounding a lot less interesting, based on the sampler. I hate when the U.S. or general western market gets a more boring version of things (e.g., Boris's Smile).
Ugh, that brings up awful memories of the U.S. debut of Rin'. Instead of awesome, traditionally-Japanese pop ballads with great harmonies they turned it into essentially a Lisa Loeb vehicle with the occasional shakuhachi or koto in the background, not to mention the painfully offensive lyrics.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.05, 09:25 AM   #62
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

uuugghh, do I need a vinyl copy of The Aeroplane Flies High?
On the one hand, the MCIS reissue vinyl was pretty bad and I have the original set.
On the other hand, that sounds pretty cool.

Somebody help me come to a decision.
Old 2013.06.05, 07:27 PM   #63
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Not really an album, but Mariko Goto's new single "sound of me" comes out in July....

The exciting part is not the single (though I'm sure it will be another sweet kawaii-death-crush treat), but that the First Press/Limited Edition sounds pretty damn good... the DVD isn't merely just a PV, it's a LIVE SET from her 299792458 tour!

The First Press also has a couple of extra goodies, 16 page photobook and 'trading card' which I assume is exactly the same thing as the ones I have gotten with Chiaki Kuriyama releases. Someone should make up a game to play with them :-p

Already ordered it, its on CDJapan right now.

If I were her, I'd wear something a little less flimsy before doing this.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.06.05 at 07:39 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.18, 05:56 AM   #64
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hmm... so regarding The Coming Ones international version.

To buy the CD/DVD version which has 10 tracks + 2 PVs and the making of (with subtitles)

Or... to get the "Australian Edition" which has 11 tracks???

I already have the making of and I'm assuming the PVs are going to be like the Capricorn one... the old video with the new version of the song over the top.

The Australian one has a bonus song "Ami Walking" on it. And it is going to be in local shops. Think this might be the better option for me.
Old 2013.06.20, 06:13 AM   #65
deadgrandma

Goldfrapp- "Tales of Us" Trailer

Well, this makes a triple post, sorry about that, but OMG.

Thank god they got all the Head First out of their system and seem to be about to deliver a nice, dark, Felt Mountain style album. Nice trailer/album artwork too.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.06.20 at 06:18 AM.
Old 2013.06.20, 09:43 AM   #66
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
The Australian one has a bonus song "Ami Walking" on it. And it is going to be in local shops. Think this might be the better option for me.
a bonus track for australia?? I guess Sa Dingding must really like you then. maybe the bonus track is going to be a remixed version of 行者无疆, since this one wasn't included on the re-release

I can't wait for the new Goldfrapp too, seems like they're going in the direction of Seventh Tree and Felt Mountain for this one
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.20, 05:21 PM   #67
deadgrandma

^well, she did tour Harmony in Australia too as part of Womadelaide festival (though I got into her literally about 2 weeks too late), so I'm hoping the same. Not to mention our Chinese population is quite high.
Old 2013.06.20, 09:33 PM   #68
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

Incidentally, I think the Disclosure album Settle is pretty good. Probably 3.5 stars for me. I don't like the intro. and the song dominated by samples of a motivational speaker and I don't like "Grab Her!" but everything else is at least okay and some of it I like very much, including some non-single tracks. It's already on Spotify.

But I'm pretty far gone into UK dance pop rather all of the sudden this year. It does feel like I've been opening up to electronic dance music, especially in some of its more pop manifestations, over the last few years, and perhaps even more gradually during the previous few years.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.22, 12:24 AM   #69
deadgrandma

Well, The Coming Ones International Version is very much everything I hoped it would be. If I have any grumble is that it sounds a little bit muddier/less dynamic than the original, hopefully it's just the iTunes version. Initial listening and it doesn't quite match up to the original to me, but it definitely serves as a great counterpart to a great album. Think of it as Amnesiac is to Kid A (for lack of a better example/out of lack of thought on my part) but for Sa Dingding :-p

Initial/first impression score: 8/10.

The new song (that has actually been played live before) Peacock, however, is a solid 10. Perfect.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.06.22 at 12:29 AM.
Old 2013.06.22, 07:28 AM   #70
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^was it released already? on my itunes it says it'll only be avilable on the 24th?!
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote