Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.16, 04:49 PM   #51
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
I think you missed his point. I don't think he meant that HZM and Hirama are not capable, just that Uki and Izawa are just as capable.

I agree with you, though, that Uki would not want to. If he is always going out of his way to do different things and make his own style, I doubt he'd try to recreate what phase 1 did.
No, I think the line "lmfao yeah right, like adding Hirama and H Zett M makes it capable enough." made it quite clear that he doesn't think that Hirama and HZM are any more capable than Uki of creating such a sound. As I said, clearly they ARE more capable because not only have they done it, but they wanted to (else they wouldn't have joined the band at such a stage).

In fact, I don't like any comment to start with "lmfao yeah right" because it looks like you're not only laughing at somebodies opinion, but laughing down at them, thinking you're clearly right (that Uki is just as, if not more capable (He isn't)).
Old 2007.10.16, 04:54 PM   #52
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Haha, good ol' Hedo. <3
Why do you hate me fluffy??

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
No, I think the line "lmfao yeah right, like adding Hirama and H Zett M makes it capable enough." made it quite clear that he doesn't think that Hirama and HZM are any more capable than Uki of creating such a sound. As I said, clearly they ARE more capable because not only have they done it, but they wanted to (else they wouldn't have joined the band at such a stage).

In fact, I don't like any comment to start with "lmfao yeah right" because it looks like you're not only laughing at somebodies opinion, but laughing down at them, thinking you're clearly right (that Uki is just as, if not more capable (He isn't)).
Yeah, I guess you're right, although I just took it as Hirama and HZM are not any more capable than Uki and Izawa would be.

But, you really don't think Uki could play like Hirama? If anything, I'd say it would take Hirama more practice to learn Uki's style than the other way around since I think Uki had to start where Hirama is (or a similar style) and then develop his own, less traditional one.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 05:02 PM   #53
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Why do you hate me fluffy??

Yeah, I guess you're right, although I just took it as Hirama and HZM are not any more capable than Uki and Izawa would be.

But, you really don't think Uki could play like Hirama? If anything, I'd say it would take Hirama more practice to learn Uki's style than the other way around since I think Uki had to start where Hirama is (or a similar style) and then develop his own, less traditional one.
Well, I don't know what the original quote was getting at, but my interpretation is not that Uki couldn't play like Hirama but simply that he wouldn't want to. It's like saying "Thom Yorke (Radiohead) isn't capable of playing like James Blunt". Now of course he COULD if he wanted to, but he just isn't capable of playing in that style because it's not him. Thus, Hirama IS more capable of an Electric Mole II than Uki is, no matter how much Uki's ability says otherwise. Uki just wouldn't (As far as I've seen) do it.

Also, I have no problem with Uki NOT wanting to play that style. He should play whatever he is comfortable with and more importantly what he wants to play. I myself prefer Hirama's choice in Jihen style, but I don't all-out-hate Uki.
Old 2007.10.16, 05:19 PM   #54
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Now of course he COULD if he wanted to, but he just isn't capable of playing in that style because it's not him. Thus, Hirama IS more capable of an Electric Mole II than Uki is, no matter how much Uki's ability says otherwise. Uki just wouldn't (As far as I've seen) do it.
I agree that it would be bad if they tried to do something they are really not, but can you really say that they (uki or thom in your example) are not capable of it? I think it contradicts what you are saying. They are capable, but they would not be "keeping it real" if they did.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 05:23 PM   #55
Inaudible-Whisper

I agree that it would be bad if they tried to do something they are really not, but can you really say that they (uki or thom in your example) are not capable of it? I think it contradicts what you are saying. They are capable, but they would not be "keeping it real" if they did.
Well, that's why I was interpreting 'Capable' a bit differently from the norm. I'm sure most realise Uki could Play in the style of Hirama, but as you and my example state, it would not be him, and I'm sure he'd like to 'Keep it real'. With that in mind, capable probably isn't the right choice of word, but I used it because the whole thing stemmed from that word.
Old 2007.10.17, 01:14 PM   #56
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

update:

tickets arrived today. who was interested in buying them?
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.16, 03:14 AM   #57
kroneko

kroneko pleased at least somebody

There's a piece of live concert photo.
kroneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.16, 04:29 AM   #58
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

OMG she looks gorgeous!
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.16, 05:11 AM   #59
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh man, that's exciting. I hope the camera work is like that in Dynamite Out. It'd make the DVD so much more effective visually.

PS - Uki looks flippin awesome
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.16, 07:26 AM   #60
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

SR with this dress+a guitar= OMG
*excited*

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote