Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.10.06, 06:45 PM   #361
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Muahahah...I just found out that Yesasia sent my copy of Variety to my old address. I don't know if i'm even gonna go through the trouble of getting it back. Is there any goodies in the first edition that's worth my trouble?
You get a cardboard jacket outside the jewelcase, and the spine of the jewelcase has the same 'jagged' design as the OSCA or Killer Tune first-presses. There are no bonus contents, however, I believe the sticker outside of the shrinkwrap might be special in a concert tickets kind of way, because judging by the back of the sticker (which you can see through the shrinkwrap once you've opened the package), each and every outside sticker on a first-press copy of Variety, is unique, like it's redeemable for something.
Old 2007.10.06, 06:51 PM   #362
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
You get a cardboard jacket outside the jewelcase, and the spine of the jewelcase has the same 'jagged' design as the OSCA or Killer Tune first-presses. There are no bonus contents, however, I believe the sticker outside of the shrinkwrap might be special in a concert tickets kind of way, because judging by the back of the sticker (which you can see through the shrinkwrap once you've opened the package), each and every outside sticker on a first-press copy of Variety, is unique, like it's redeemable for something.

Thx, seeing as how i live in canada i'll probbably never be able to redeem anything. It'll probably be too much trouble to try and get it back...
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 07:01 PM   #363
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Thx, seeing as how i live in canada i'll probbably never be able to redeem anything. It'll probably be too much trouble to try and get it back...
You should DEFINITELY get it back! Anyway, I scanned the cd and case and all that so you can see it here:

http://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=442
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 07:34 PM   #364
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
You should DEFINITELY get it back! Anyway, I scanned the cd and case and all that so you can see it here:

http://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=442

tyvm for the scans, but i've never met the new owners of the house i used to live in so it'll be a hassle to convince them to even let me into the complex. Plus it's on the way to the university, but i'm kinda ashamed that I actually paid for this album.
Old 2007.10.06, 07:42 PM   #365
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

but i'm kinda ashamed that I actually paid for this album.
Me too.
Old 2007.10.06, 09:22 PM   #366
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Me too.
please, we all know you have worse in your collections, XD

and I believe in support the artist, not the music. Meaning I will buy Jihen releases blindly pretty much. In fact, I prefer to buy my favorite artists blindly. I bought Variety blindly (I pre-ordered the day it was announced).
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 09:52 PM   #367
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post

and I believe in support the artist, not the music. Meaning I will buy Jihen releases blindly pretty much. In fact, I prefer to buy my favorite artists blindly. I bought Variety blindly (I pre-ordered the day it was announced).
Yea, I do the same . Not just because I support the artist, but because I like their music, so I always buy my favorite artists albums without downloading them first, since, even if I'm disappointed, it's never too bad where I can't enjoy it.
Old 2007.10.07, 06:50 AM   #368
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post

MUhAHA, actually i don't have a worse album in my collection. I only buy things i love, and i thought i would love variety but i was wrong. And i did pay for it, so i did support shiina. If i had to do ever over, would i buy it again to support her? I probably would've.
Old 2007.10.07, 07:29 AM   #369
HEDOfloe

MUhAHA, actually i don't have a worse album in my collection.
For some reason I have doubts about this.......
Old 2007.10.07, 07:33 AM   #370
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
For some reason I have doubts about this.......
Why would that be hard to believe? In the age of digital downloads I just steal every good songs from average albums thereby saving my money for only the true gems.