Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.01.21, 07:08 PM   #31
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

pick ups? cheap wood? small body? the thing always seems kinda small to me...
Old 2009.09.06, 09:06 AM   #32
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

I love the story about Shiina Ringo composing Kokoro to perform at a party for her family and friends. I met the DO version first and it seemed less like a song and more like a bit of SR improv, like Honnou or Marunouchi Sadistic would come out of it at any time. There was Kokoro, Kao and Karada and if she only wrote one of them it was definitely Kokoro...

But since that song clicked, every single note in its opening line makes me melt. The harmonies she hits sometimes... I really, really like the "setsunakute, samashikute, aitakute..." bit of Shampoo as well for what feel like similar reasons.

Kokoro's one of the songs I can't stop playing. I kind of prefer the DO version because it sounds more emotional, and you've not got the Kyoiku sound quality snipping away at the natural decay of HZM's piano, the song is allowed to breathe. Why hasn't it been performed more often?

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.09.06 at 09:11 AM. Reason: I don't know if I mean harmonies or counterpoints, two or more notes played together is what I mean...
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.07, 07:40 AM   #33
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm surprised that it hasn't been performed more. It sounds like something she'd want Phase 2 to play.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote