Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.12.01, 10:53 AM   #31
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Not keen on this. It sounds cold and dissonant, particularly the piano part in the chorus and Uki's plucking away in the verse, also the male vocal bit. I know I shouldn't overract to an "experimental" B-side, and I wasn't expecting to like many tracks anyway, but we did really well to get Adult out of this band. Of all the bands temporary or otherwise SR's been in or recorded tracks with her, this is the one to have the most longevity and influence from band members?

The fanart's probably the best thing to come out of this single.
Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
The 2:00 bit reminds me of what Izawa's version of Omatsuri Sawagi would be. Samba?

In fact, I think this song is a mix of Omatsuri Sawagi, Kronekodow/Izawa's 'sound' and I dunno...Remote Controller or one of the louder b-sides on Watashi to Houden.
If we're playing that game I'd go with a Can't Take My Eyes Off You (yep, agreed!) - BB Queen mashup with Blackout drifting in from the next room...!
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 11:03 AM   #32
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Don't like this track at all! 3min was OK-ish though.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 11:13 AM   #33
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by so_cold View Post
If we're playing that game I'd go with a Can't Take My Eyes Off You (yep, agreed!) - BB Queen mashup with Blackout drifting in from the next room...!
That's like, so cold.

I think the album's not going to win over the old fans, but I really like the single. I expect Variety, but more experimental, more Ringo, and well, good.

I wouldn't call this 'an experimental b-side', though. I think Izawa said more or less that this is in the style of the album.

It's funny, because well before this song came out, the people who had heard it on 2ch said that the song will polarise opinion. Peeps will either love it or hate it.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 11:23 AM   #34
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Quirky avante garde rock in my TJ flakes?

I'm drooling at the thought of the album being like the b-side.

I just might develop a new found love for a band I already love. Is that possible? i cant believe they're making this kind of music now. MOAR!

but, Variety had great b-sides for the most part then the full album dropped, and...
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 11:23 AM   #35
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

@Scribble: Lol! I'm not sure you can do too much worse than a Can't Take Your Eyes Off You - BB Queen mashup between band and solo without involving Saito Neko [edit: sincere apologies if that sentence made anyone feel unwell]. Kimi no... whatever's quite fun until it gets to the chorus and the kazoo comes in and then it gets unlistenable imo

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.12.01 at 11:52 AM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 11:26 AM   #36
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Gaman's chorus is the best part of the whole single. Phase 2 finally shows balls. Then it falls apart at 1:40.
Old 2009.12.01, 11:34 AM   #37
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

so_cold: I tried to think of a more offensive mashup, and you're probably right. I heard the BBQueen live version before the single. I like the live performance, but the single is probably THE most OFFENSIVE thing I've heard from SR/TJ. It sounds evil and not in a good way -- it sounds like what you would hear if you jumped into your toilet bowl and crawled inside but got trapped down there and you were forced to live there for the rest of your life whilst your family members/other half/Uki with his guitar took turns shitting on you. Which is why it's a harsh insult, especially combined with Can't Take My Eyes... which is Ringo being grating but not in an endearing way.

I'd throw Crawl in there, but Crawl is like, BB Princess.

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Quirky avante garde rock in my TJ flakes?
That is exactly what I thought. Reminds me of Mr.Bungle-lite.
Old 2009.12.01, 11:41 AM   #38
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

my first reaction was expecting a jazzy "Another One Bites the Dust."

that happy joy joy part at 1:40 is typical Izawa corniness. After the chorus takes the song to climax he probably didnt know where to take the song after that, so sounds like he threw in some other random idea to reset the song.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 12:04 PM   #39
Scribble R

I think the 'cute' parts mesh well, and it all comes together in the end. Sake to Geko reeked of 'Izawa resetting the song' IMO

I need album details soon. I expect SPORTS to be the 'evolution' of Variety that Shouso Strip was to Muzai Moratorium.

Phase 2's sound is set in stone, guys. This is what Ringo will be doing for the next ten years
Old 2009.12.01, 12:09 PM   #40
the fox

the fox has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Really loving it. I think these 2 songs compliment each other really well. Looking forward to the new album even more now. <3
the fox is offline   Reply With Quote