Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2012.02.12, 07:49 AM   #1581
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I'm sure people will think less of me for this, but Katawa Shoujo is pretty good. Strikes some of the same chords as Persona 3 and 4. Shizune is my girl. It's just too bad her story path doesn't focus much on her until the final act. Instead it focuses on the people around her with a few bits of her sprinkled in.
Old 2012.02.16, 04:13 PM   #1582
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Why am I bothering to play FXIII-2? Guess its a thing I have to do rather than I want to do.

Adding monsters and a Moogle aint gonna save a game where the main protagonist is someone as pathetic as Serah.

Still, I'll play this bitch to the end.
Old 2012.02.16, 04:22 PM   #1583
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
PS Vita- any opinions/thoughts?
Getting the 3g bundle from amazon. comes with a free 8GB mem card, screen protector, and psn game which I'm hoping is Escape Plan.

It has massive 3rd party support, but not much to show yet. I know the launch lineup in Japan was the reason it bombed. I'm waiting on whatever Kojima and Rockstar are making and maybe a new Valkyria Chronicles I'm only getting it now because of the freebies bundled with the first batch of systems.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.17, 07:42 AM   #1584
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Why am I bothering to play FXIII-2? Guess its a thing I have to do rather than I want to do.

Adding monsters and a Moogle aint gonna save a game where the main protagonist is someone as pathetic as Serah.

Still, I'll play this bitch to the end.
XIII-2 is far from a terrible game. Let me try to phrase this as coherently as possible -- the quality ratio of XIII-2:XIII is greater than the quality ratio of X-2:X. I'm not sure if I like XIII-2 more or less than XIII, but it's better relative to XIII than X-2 was to X.

I have mixed feelings on the soundtrack, but I love the main battle theme.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.17, 08:22 AM   #1585
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
I have mixed feelings on the [Final Fastasy XIII-2] soundtrack, but I love the main battle theme.
I did leap-of-faith preorders on the limited edition soundtracks for Dirge of Cerberus, XIII, and XIII-2. Won't do that with anything from Masashi Hamauzu again. He was in his element during Final Fantasy X, and it's all gone downhill ever since. Final Fantasy XII's soundtrack also paled in comparison to what Hitoshi Sakimoto had already done in Vagrant Story. So yeah, I think I'm done with preordering Final Fantasy OSTs now.
Old 2012.02.17, 05:43 PM   #1586
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

I liked FFXIII ost especially the characters' themes. Especially especially the black dude's theme.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.17, 07:26 PM   #1587
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
Yeah, the FFXIII OST certainly isn't all-bad, but it should've been handled more like FFX (which Masashi Hamauzu only did 25% of).
When he's is not responsible for the majority of a 4-disc soundtrack, he's shown he can make consistently-good songs.
Old 2012.02.21, 09:55 AM   #1588
Andikki

Andikki is an asset to this community

Tomorrow I am getting a PS Vita. I just want it for no reason. I think it's the first time in my life that I can waste money on something like that without second thoughts and I want my silly shiny toy. Yup, the fact that I can afford it without making sacrifices is the main value for now.

I wonder if they'll make a vita-flavoured LocoRoco...
Andikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.21, 10:11 AM   #1589
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I want a Vita just for the OLED screen. My PSP's screen is all kinds of fucked from solder ash. It's a common problem that can be fixed by opening the PSP and cleaning the backside of the screen. It's usually simple, but I stripped a screw attempting to open it. I am not taking a drill to the PSP to remedy that.

I have about $130 set aside for a Vita, but I probably won't buy one until it drops in price or P4: The Golden hits.
Old 2012.02.21, 10:36 AM   #1590
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Just started playing Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.

Ultra-fun game. Shat my pants at the haunted hotel quest.

And then there is this hell of a woman:

Jeanette
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote