Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.01.28, 06:19 AM   #21
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Welcome back Psych.
Old 2010.01.28, 07:53 AM   #22
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
NOOOOOOOOOO THEY CANCELED UGLY BETTYYYYYYYYY

I AM SO PISSED, THIS SEASON WAS GETTING SO GOOD!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I KNOWWWWWW

and whats WORSE is they chopped the episode count down from 22 to 20 while they were at it. bunch of fuck-ups.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 07:06 AM   #23
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Anyone watch Breaking Bad? Just finished the first season and I'm really enjoying it! I hear the second season is much better too!
Old 2010.02.17, 05:16 AM   #24
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

These days the diet is more entertaining than variety, funnier than comedy.

No subtitles.

Question Time Feb 17 Hatoyama / Tanigaki

Budget Committee Feb 12 Yosano 1/6
Budget Committee Feb 12 Yosano 2/6
Budget Committee Feb 12 Yosano 3/6
Budget Committee Feb 12 Yosano 4/6

"PM Hatoyama, You are The King of Tax Evasion."
Budget Committee Feb 12 Yosano 5/6
Budget Committee Feb 12 Yosano 6/6

a news commentary about Yosano's question on The Economist blog.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/banya...=hptextfeature

Last edited by EmilScherbe : 2010.02.22 at 08:14 PM.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.25, 02:57 PM   #25
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Anyone here ever watch Six Feet Under? I think it is my favourite show I have ever watched. Let me know your opinions if you have seen it.
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.28, 11:38 AM   #26
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I am about halfway through season 2 of that. I really like it, although it plays on my anxieties/fears of death (I am worried there will be an episode that shows someone dying in the first 5 minutes in a way that I fear, and I will get super freaked out over it. So I start each episode feeling a little worried). Plus Nathan's brain thing is also something that scares me, so I have a hard time watching that. My progress has slowed recently because of all this. But it's really good.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.28, 12:38 PM   #27
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I watched bits and pieces of Six Feet Under before I became aware of American dramas. I remember some good things about it.

Several years later, my friend lends me this film called Towelhead and tells me how amazing it is. I watch it, think it's quite crap, then later discover that it's by the same creator of Six Feet Under. Damn! So I'm not in a hurry to watch it any more.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.28, 12:57 PM   #28
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I watched bits and pieces of Six Feet Under before I became aware of American dramas. I remember some good things about it.

Several years later, my friend lends me this film called Towelhead and tells me how amazing it is. I watch it, think it's quite crap, then later discover that it's by the same creator of Six Feet Under. Damn! So I'm not in a hurry to watch it any more.
I haven't seen Towelhead but Six Feet Under is one of the best dramas you'll find. Closer to his other work American Beauty than Towelhead I imagine (just assuming having not seen Towelhead). Six Feet Under also has probably the best ending to a TV show I've ever seen.
Old 2010.03.03, 01:57 PM   #29
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I haven't seen Towelhead but Six Feet Under is one of the best dramas you'll find. Closer to his other work American Beauty than Towelhead I imagine (just assuming having not seen Towelhead). Six Feet Under also has probably the best ending to a TV show I've ever seen.
This.

Frecklegirl, I'm sorry that it plays on your anxieties, but you really should continue. I know it might be scary in that it makes you face death, and I don't really know what your fears are or what motivates them and that isn't my business, but speaking from my experience it helped me with the fact of death. It helped me come to terms with it. If it is the way you go that scares you, then I totally get that. I get pretty scared with things and I think of allll of the what-if's of them. Still, the show helped me come to terms with it.
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.20, 12:41 PM   #30
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

In about three weeks my favorite show will die. Thanks, ABC!

Ugly Betty isn't perfect, (except for most of the clothes, set designs, performers and portions of the scripts), but it was the only show where I really cared about the characters. Lost is exceptionally clever, and I enjoy it, but I doubt that anyone will ever describe it as endearing.

It was a good episode last night. Since it roughly follows the soap opera formula, I saw a few things coming, like Betty being hurt by the playwright's behavior and Justin seeing the backstage kiss, but some of the later twists were unexpected enough to make it a good watch.

I wonder how things will turn out. In the original, Betty marries Daniel, but it will be hard to cram that in by April 14th. Still hope that they try, or at least figure out some way that Betty can live happily ever after.

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2010.03.20 at 12:45 PM.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote