Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.24, 06:12 AM   #41
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

so this new best+3 album basically has 5 of the 6 songs Shiina gave her? I guess that's not a horrible option for non collectors who just want legit copies of these songs.

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
according to tower records little write up on tomosaka rie's new album, this is a memorial work to celebrate her 30 years of age as of 2009. a lot of us thought it came out of left field, but I suppose it makes sense presented like that. if this does well enough I'm sure she will do more music but if it flops they can say well that was just a 30th memorial album.
"memorial"? does that word have the same grim connotation in Japanese

Last edited by a_grumble_cake : 2009.04.24 at 02:37 PM.
Old 2009.04.24, 06:51 AM   #42
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
"memorial"? does that word have the same grim connotation in Japanese
if this is kuro_neko's reference page, then "memorial" is just a transliteration :p
Old 2009.04.24, 12:38 PM   #43
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yup, straight transliteration. it doesn't have grim connotation, it is just a way to milk some money and celebrate her birthday.
Old 2009.04.26, 05:49 PM   #44
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Maybe I should buy this then. I'd feel bad if nobody showed up for her birthday party...
Old 2009.04.26, 11:17 PM   #45
kuro_neko

the best album has this really heinous remix of mukuge no cream (is that the correct title? There is another reading...) so if this does have shoujo robot tacked onto the end you are getting 4 of the 6 songs she wrote.

honestly, if you ask me, and I know I'm going to get beat up for this, but your better off just getting an iTunes gift card and buying the single tracks off Murasaki and then the Shoujo Robot single. You'll get everything Ringo composed for 900 yen and you won't have to pay for shipping. all you need is a japanese itunes gift card, which you can get through various places. I don't own any of tomosaka rie's releases, I just bought them off iTunes Japan and I'm totally happy with them. Eventually I'll get a shoujo robot single but at the moment suits me just fine.

I did however buy the new album to ship together with sanmon gossip. I hope these new tracks don't suck.
Old 2009.04.26, 11:27 PM   #46
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Saying that rie tomosaka best has a 'heinous' remix of Mokuren no Cream, is like saying there's ice on Antarctica.

Murasaki. + Shoujo Robot would have been so much better than rie tomosaka best + Shoujo Robot.

Don't buy rie tomosaka best (with or without the "+3") unless you have everything else, and I do mean everything. I can think of roughly a dozen Shiina Ringo related releases that I would rank as higher buying priorities. Actually, I'll list them out right here:

Dear Yuming
Sweets for my SPITZ
Casshern soundtrack
Kiken Sugiru
Discover
Rockin' Luuula
Maboroshi no Shi
Zazen Boys II
Amagasa
Variety

Then you get into the out-of-prints like Shoujo Robot (on its own), Murasaki., Baobob, and becoming (which are not near the bottom of the list just because I mention them later). And then rie tomosaka best is bottom of the barrel. Shoujo Robot is a great single, but does tacking a reissue of it onto the end of a reissue of something else, make that something else worth buying? It's like combining 12 gallons of manure with 3 gallons of ice cream - you effectively get 15 gallons of manure.
Old 2009.04.26, 11:52 PM   #47
kuro_neko

your forgetting Hime Hiyori, XD.

and yes, dear yuming and sweets for my spitz are totally a million times more worth the tomosaka rie releases. not sure about some of the other stuff though. I'd take a ringo penned track over a track where she is guest on kazu...

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.26 at 11:56 PM.
Old 2009.04.27, 12:02 AM   #48
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's not even that I'm against Tomosaka Rie releases in general. I like Murasaki. and I love Shoujo Robot. I'm sure her earlier stuff is a bunch of 'bleh', and that's the main problem with her 'best' album - it's mostly made up of her pre-Ringo tracks. Then you've got some good tracks on Murasaki. from Shiina Ringo that never made it onto rie tomosaka best. Just because EMI finally includes Shoujo Robot's 3 tracks - doesn't solve the problem of the missing tracks from Murasaki., or Murasaki being a much better album in general. There isn't anything rie tomosaka best has from Shiina Ringo that Murasaki. doesn't, aside from that horrible remix - which I doubt Shiina Ringo would have approved if she had any creative control in the remixing process.
Old 2009.04.27, 12:11 AM   #49
kuro_neko

I only have the ringo tracks. she did 6, the three for shoujo robot, then the three from murasaki, shampoo, cappuccino, and mukuge no cream. as for the other tracks, never bothered with them.

the nice thing about her new album (not the reissue of best with shoujo robot. ALSO, no one has confirmed it is shoujo robot, it probably is, but no one has gone on the record yet), is that in additon to having ringo and jihen tracks, the other artists contributing are pretty decent, kimura kaera is pretty cool too.
Old 2009.04.27, 12:22 AM   #50
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

木槿 this is mukuge.
木蓮 this is mokuren.

The title of the track is 木蓮のクリーム and so far as I know there is only one reading, "mokuren."

So yeah the kanji look similar but they're not.
Closed Thread