Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.16, 07:00 PM   #11
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Gosh, I didn't even notice the date.. so close.
Old 2009.04.16, 07:22 PM   #12
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Just got the news in my phone. Honestly I didn't know about it until now. Have to say it took me by surprise. And yes, it's the first solo album considering Heisei Fuuzoku was really not that solo after all.

It feels like this album is "it". It's like Ringo coming back to the Olympics, to really show if she still can do it, or not. It's a time for surprises or disappointments.

Complete news:

一日千秋岸壁の母のような心持ちで長年待ってらした方も多いかと思います。
椎名林檎のフル・オリジナル・アルバムが、実に6年ぶりに発表となります。タイトルは「三文ゴシップ」。椎名林檎渾身のニューアルバムは、6月24日発売です。どうぞうお楽しみに。

Last edited by Jonny : 2009.04.16 at 07:29 PM.
Old 2009.04.16, 07:40 PM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

We will see.

Though I'll admit my knee-jerk reaction is of optomism
Old 2009.04.16, 07:46 PM   #14
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

My favorite part is that I don't think either of the announced singles will make it to the album. If they do, they won't be the same as the single versions.
Old 2009.04.16, 08:14 PM   #15
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

GOD please make it good..
this is why you invented ears right?
Old 2009.04.16, 08:49 PM   #16
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

okay, so I just read the entire e-mail. I'm back at my house now, XD. so pretty much most of the stuff that needs to be said has been said.

regarding the album: they mention that continuing along the lines of MM, SS, and KZK, this album is a completely new and distinct direction for Ringo. I am thinking that Kameda is not producing this one....while they don't specify any more details about the release, they do say that they are hearing from Ringo directly about the album in video comment form, which will be posted to the ringohan fanclub movie page sometime soon.

concerning the new single, they say that Ringo's good friend, Barbee Boys' Imamichi Tomotaka (original C'mon On, Let's Go band, he is the guitarist for the band and writes most of the music), participated in the creation of the song, and the song received the support of several other guests who helped put it together. So I'm guessing this means that for this song, the boys from Jihen are not playing, and Kameda did not have his hand in this pot. they are also saying that this new single serves an important role as helping us to understand the new album, so I'm guessing that means that three new songs will all probably be included on the album in one form or another.

the b-side, as we know from earlier, was created with Jazztronik. According to this article, Ringo apparently sought him out for the job. The song is also serving as the first glimpse down the road ahead for the new album (which pretty much hints that it is representative of the overall new direction)

anyways, I find all of this good news. A lot of us didn't like the direction Jihen was going, and Kameda didn't touch KZK and that was gold, so it seems like Ringo is working with a lot of new artists and friends. which is GREAT news if you ask me. get some new blood, new opinions, spice it up a little. They haven't announced any producer of any other people for the album, but I'm kind of hoping the entire thing is outsourced to non-jihen members. that would be sweet. I don't know Barbie Boys or Jazztronik, but I am thinking a more electronic and nu ringo would be kind of cool. what is funny is that they are saying here that the new b-side is a glimpse of the new direction, but in the Musica article they are saying it encorporates all the elements of Ringo's career, from band to orchestra, up until now. so what is it? a fusion of all her old sounds, something completely new, or maybe a bit of both? I'm hoping its something completely new perhaps with some throwbacks to her heyday. oh well, I guess we have a month to go before we get any more clues.

they also annouce at the very end Ringo Book is going to be available at some select Tower Record Stores. good news if your in japan anytime soon I suppose.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.16 at 10:20 PM.
Old 2009.04.16, 08:58 PM   #17
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I am thinking that Kameda is not producing this one....
No shock considering he never produced for Shiina Ringo before.

Thanks for the write up.
Old 2009.04.16, 10:05 PM   #18
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
No shock considering he never produced for Shiina Ringo before.

Thanks for the write up.
whaaaaaattttt? I thought he produced MM and SS. Didn't he play a larger role than just bass player?

;;checks wiki;;

it is kind of odd that other than MM and KZK, all of her albums of original work have been produced by the same person. I mean HF and Zecchoushuu is the same person? Yeah right...

edit: wow, ringo's album launches the same day as Tomosaka Rie's comeback album. Sorry Rie, it doesn't matter if you had Ringo and Jihen and some other famous chick work for you, you just lost BIG TIME lol. I feel bad for anyone eyeing that day, Ringo's second coming is going to be billed like the second coming of Jesus Christ, you know, if Japan was mostly Christian and all...

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.16 at 10:11 PM.
Old 2009.04.16, 10:56 PM   #19
幸福論

幸福論 is headed in the right direction

Really can't wait to see how much you guys hate this in a few months bawhawhawhaw

Speaking of which it says this on the website: 「豪華音楽家たちとの共演によってつくられた「三文ゴシップ」。どうぞご期待ください。」

Do you think this means it's going to be an album with TJ members? Look at the 音楽家たち page on her website :/

Last edited by 幸福論 : 2009.04.16 at 11:04 PM.
Old 2009.04.17, 12:50 AM   #20
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by 幸福論 View Post
Really can't wait to see how much you guys hate this in a few months bawhawhawhaw

Speaking of which it says this on the website: 「豪華音楽家たちとの共演によってつくられた「三文ゴシップ」。どうぞご期待ください。」

Do you think this means it's going to be an album with TJ members? Look at the 音楽家たち page on her website :/
no. ariamaru tomi was made with the guitarist from barbee boys, imamichi tomotaka, and other guest performers who haven't been named yet (this is according to the ringohan e-mail, where they use the same title, gouka ongakuka guest, etc). the b-side is made with jazztronik. we don't know about minna no uta yet. but so far we have 2 out of 3 confirmed new songs that were written with non-TJ members. I don't think TJ is going to be on this album, especially because there would be no difference between a solo ringo and TJ. Even with HF she worked with other artists, saito neko, her brother, and soil and pimp sessions, and that wasn't a true solo album. I don't think that quote is referring to Tokyo Jihen, I think its just a fun term they are using to refer to the "wondrous musicians" who are going to play a part on the album.
Closed Thread