Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.10.11, 04:18 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default 'Song styles' you'd like SR to replicate?

Because Shiina Ringo's experimented with different genres/styles, some of her songs are completely individual. I'm not asking for your favourite song, but a 'song style' that in a perfect world (Forget all this Nu-Shiina stuff), you'd like her to replicate.

For example, Kyogenshou's one of my favourite SR songs, and if I want a song similar to Kyogenshou, I usually jump to between most of the 'loud' songs on Shouso Strip and Kyouiku. With some songs however, there aren't any alternatives.

I've got two songs in mind. First is Yattsuke Shigoto KSK. I'm not able to describe music, but I love the 60s television show/elevator music feel to it, how playful the instruments are combined with the way SR sings. I think that only La Salle De Bain captures that same sort of feeling, with the whole Disney thing she's got going on.

Second is the 'Morphine' style. It was the song that got me into SR, but I like it because it took. How the song sounds innocent and sweet, but then she has her 'grating wailing' creeping into some of the verses . This sound is what I most associate Shiina Ringo with, and I get the same pleasure from 'Suberidai' and maybe, to a distant extent, '17.'

Obviously, I'm not hoping for replicas of those songs, otherwise they'd lose their individuality. But man, when I listen to Suberidai, I'd like it if there were a few more tracks like that. And this is probably an idiosyncratic thing, that I associate Suberidai with Morphine. But whatever, try to answer.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.11, 05:27 PM   #2
Luciene

Luciene pleased at least somebody

I'd like more songs with a violin/guitar mix like "Yami ni Furu Ame". Great song it is!
And maybe she could do something in the style "Georgy Porgy". I like the way she sings here.
And more songs in "Karada" style wouldn't be a bad idea... Some "Souretsu"...
Luciene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.12, 07:32 AM   #3
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

More Hatsukoi Shoujou/Tamatebako stuff.
Old 2008.10.12, 09:59 AM   #4
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

needless to say
more shuukyou/souretsu stuff too
/o/

and I'd like some oiran

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.12, 10:02 AM   #5
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Kabuki-like stuff, and I'm not referying to the song 'Kabuki' but something like 'Tamatebako'.

Of course, more 'Shuukyou/Souretsu'-like stuff.

It would also be nice to listen something similar to 'Hatsukoi Shoujo' or 'Oiran'. Electronica for the win.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.12, 10:36 AM   #6
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm not sure if I want more material in the vein of Shuukyou & Souretsu ? if she kept trying to do that with every song we could end up with too much junk that was trying to be "epic" I'd like some more acoustic stuff in the same fashion as JCHI's Rakujitsu and absolutely no more orchestrated stuff for at least 11 years.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.12, 05:15 PM   #7
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I'd like some more acoustic stuff in the same fashion as JCHI's Rakujitsu and absolutely no more orchestrated stuff for at least 11 years.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Shiina Ringo: Unplugged.
Old 2008.10.12, 07:31 PM   #8
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Shiina Ringo: Unplugged would be cool, as long as its nothing like the second half of Ringohan or whatever.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.12, 08:07 PM   #9
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

I'd love it if she'd replicate her style some day.
Old 2008.10.12, 08:48 PM   #10
Snapfish

Snapfish has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
I'd love it if she'd replicate her style some day.
I second that.
Snapfish is offline   Reply With Quote