Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2008.06.02, 10:36 PM   #501
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by wilson View Post
At present I am on holidays at HongKong at a friend`s house for 2 weeks. so if there are somebody who wants to meet me here no problem, its the second time i come in HK but we can walk and discover the city together but dont worry its not a request lol
(off-topic)
Hong Kong!!!
I'm gonna be there on the 23rd... don't think you'd still be around eh?
So much good food in HK! You have to go to this "Australia Dairy Company" at Jordan Station for breakfast! The steamed milk dessert is simply divine and the service is unmistakably Hong Kong i.e fast, accurate but slightly rude.

Enjoy your stay in Hong Kong!

*i'd like to add that I have plans to visit Marseille/Nice sometime in July... any French people living in the area or people who've travelled there before wanna let me know about interesting (non-touristy) places to visit... or places with good food, that kind of stuff! PM me!
Old 2008.06.02, 11:37 PM   #502
wilson

wilson pleased at least somebody

Off Topic Too ^^
[quote][off-topic)
Hong Kong!!!
I'm gonna be there on the 23rd... don't think you'd still be around eh?/QUOTE]

no sorry i go back to france on the 15th.too bad!

So much good food in HK! You have to go to this "Australia Dairy Company" at Jordan Station for breakfast! The steamed milk dessert is simply divine and the service is unmistakably Hong Kong i.e fast, accurate but slightly rude.

Enjoy your stay in Hong Kong!
ok i dont know this place but i think i am gonna try ^^

And sorry for MArseille or Nice, because i live in the northwest of france

Off topic out
wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.06, 02:41 PM   #503
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Wow 2 french members... France is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to learn english. You english is better than my japanese... Man I want to go to france... hong kong too (china... great place). Might have to go with the missus in the future.

Anyways hope you guys stick around.

@wilson
great taste in music!

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.09, 09:36 AM   #504
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

Hello! I'm D.K.Liu, a South Korean-Chinese who's been living in Melbourne Australia since when I was 11 years old. I discovered SR/TJ last Thursday, while I was searching for reviews/blogs on Chihiro Onitsuka and Utada Hikaru.
I came across a blog by christibenio in which he selected his top ten Japanese albums of 2007. The list went like this
  1. 東京事変《娯楽(バラエティ)》 (Tokyo Jihen - Variety)
  2. Mr Children - Home
  3. スピッツ《さざなみCD》
  4. 椎名林檎X斎藤ネコ《平成風俗》 (Shiina Ringo - Heisei Fuuzoku)
  5. 鬼束ちひろ《LAS VEGAS》 9Chihiro Onitsuka)
  6. ...
I didn't know about SR/TJ, but chirstibenio was raving about how Variety seemed to be intentionally weird, playful, while remaing a thoroughly entertaining album, so I was curious. The first song I searched was OSCA on YouTube. I thought the dance, SR's voice, and the music were indeed weird in an interesting way, so I continued searching ...

Four days later, I'm now eagerly awaiting for my MM/SS/KSK/Kyoiku/Adult/Variety to arrive.

My natural inclination would be to remain a lurker. But I decided to say at least a hello because this post by frecklegirl. I initially registered for the search function. But hopefully I will occasionally contribute to the discussions.

D.K.Liu
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.09, 09:50 AM   #505
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Welcome newcomer.

I hope you will soon realize the error of the blogger and focus yourself on the genius of Pre-Variety Shiina.

A newbie to Shiina going on a 4 day binge, you must be in heaven right now.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.09, 04:49 PM   #506
ZAZEN

ZAZEN pleased at least somebody

Hi, I'm ZAZEN (and that obviously isn't my real name). I'm Korean so my actual name is rather difficult to pronounce... I think the reason for my username is pretty obvious - I loveeee Zazen Boys and Mukai - although I love Shiina more. I'm 17 right now so that makes me pretty young, I guess, but then again, maybe not? Ooh, and I'm a girl.

Haha, in Korea (although I'm not in Korea right now, Korean is my first language) Ringo appeals to all ages, including 9 year olds and adults. Of course, the young fans like her music because of the melody rather than lyrics. Her lyrics still confuse me sometimes, she is a very complex woman... =)

So I got to know her in January 2004 when I was in Korea browsing through other people's blogs and I heard the single 'Ringo no Uta'. And as I was looking at the lyrics, I was literally like... why is this woman with a really REALLY weird voice pretending that she's an... apple? Then I saw who sang the song and it was this woman called Shiina Ringo, and since I was learning Japanese I knew Ringo meant 'apple'. So then I got sort of interested because of her name.

So I searched her in the Korean portal site and I got to hear the song, Mellow. I listened to that song about 20 times in a row that day. And I was thinking... this song is brilliant.

I really fell in love with her though, when I bought the Dynamite Out! DVD and watched the entire thing (Summer 2006, I think). The most impressive lives in the DVD, in my opinion, were Kurumaya-san, Ringo no Uta, and Yume no Ato (very beautiful). D:

Then I listened to Spa & Treatment... O_O
Then I saw the Mellow PV... ?

Yup, so hello everybody!

Last edited by ZAZEN : 2010.03.29 at 03:54 PM.
ZAZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.09, 05:05 PM   #507
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Welcome Zazen. Judging by your affinity to Mellow and Dynamite Out (which is considered the holy grail to most here) you should have an easier time fitting in then
Old 2008.06.12, 11:30 AM   #508
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

wow, two more Koreans...god, I hate Koreans

btw ZAZEN- Number Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zazen Boys, and are you 17 in Korean age or Everywhere else in the world age. eh, either way, you're still really young.
Old 2008.06.12, 03:51 PM   #509
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
wow, two more Koreans...god, I hate Koreans

btw ZAZEN- Number Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zazen Boys, and are you 17 in Korean age or Everywhere else in the world age. eh, either way, you're still really young.
lol at whole post

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.13, 12:21 AM   #510
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

hello,
I've been a lurker for a while so i thought it was time to say hello to everyone! i like to read all the varied opinions and respect the dedication that you guys have for Shiina & Tokyo Jihen.. no one i know likes Japanese music because they are narrow minded so it's cool to see so many who feel like i do..

anyway that's all! I just wanted to say hello to you all.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.12.23 at 08:19 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote