Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.08.04, 02:45 AM   #101
milk

milk pleased at least somebody

Anyone here watched "The Teahouse of The August Moon" with Marlon Brando as a Japanese guy?

It's a truly hilarious and heartwarming movie that makes you feel good after watching. Refreshing, given the spate of violent/evil/filled with nudity movies that are coming out these days.
Old 2007.08.04, 05:18 PM   #102
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by haruhi-suzumiya View Post
That would have to be 'A Tale of Two Sisters', an awesome, creepy korean horror movie.
Wonderful, I watched that movie about 5 times, and I still watch only the last scene sometimtes when I'm in the mood

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.08.04, 05:32 PM   #103
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

A Tale of Two Sisters is one of the only movies that's actually scared me (The scene where the girls are in bed) but it also heavily relies on atmosphere. I was freaked out watching it alone, but when you're with a group of friends it wasn't in the least bit scary. I suppose that happens with most horror movies, which sucks because I enjoy them more in the company of friends, but they don't scare me then.

Having said that, the movie is literally 10 times scary with surround sound. More horror movies need to make use of this. The first 'haunting' scene with the door creaking open and people running around, you hear them running around you and it has the most perfect use of surround I've ever heard. I was petrified
Old 2007.08.04, 05:34 PM   #104
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

OMG guyz/Whisper I'm going to watch Garden State x_X

I'm too much a Natalie fanboy (but really, its finding out Peter Sarsgaard is in it that pushed me over the edge X_x)

In other news, two Portman co-stars (Sarsgaard and Hayden Christensen starred in one of my fav movies: Shattered Glass. Its the true story of a writer working for The New Republic magazine who fabricates his own fabulist stories. Hayden Christensen kicks some ass in the movie and shows George Lucas can't write a character out of a paper bag.
Old 2007.08.04, 05:39 PM   #105
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

You mean you'd never actually seen it! Gosh. If it's Braff's character in scrubs that put you off him and the movie, you may be pleasantly surprised. And you should love Portman in it. I do
Old 2007.08.04, 05:44 PM   #106
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm gonna have to say that Natalie Portman's role in Garden State was her most human and lovable.
Old 2007.08.04, 05:54 PM   #107
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Did you see Where the Heart is?
Old 2007.08.04, 06:03 PM   #108
Inaudible-Whisper

Shhh. Go watch Garden State But really, I think I could relate to Portman's character in GS more. Or at least my facination with said character. But I haven't seen Where the Heart is since I was about 16 and I can't remember paying any attention. I'll check it out.
Old 2007.08.04, 06:20 PM   #109
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Resident Evil Extinction will be out in a month, and I already love it.
Prince-of-Persia-little-black-haired-psychic-girls-big-explosion-martials-arts-action-trash
Yeah!

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.08.04, 06:33 PM   #110
Inaudible-Whisper

I love trash cinema, but I think Resident Evil tries to be too serious. At least the first one did, though I half enjoyed it. I immediately classed the second one as one of the worst movies I've ever seen. "Hey guys, the dead are reanimating, let's take a short cut through this graveyard". That would be bad enough if somebody didn't have to then smash through the church windows on a motorbike. LOL.