Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.07.09, 10:41 PM   #641
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

there is a huge difference between talking about the idea of branding and referring to Ringo as creating a shallow and vapid video, while making comments about her appearance, mind you.

I am not HOLY CRAP RINGO IS AMAZING 24/7. She can definitely make take missteps, she is human like everyone. My concern and my discussion with hedo is about using her name as a brand, it has nothing to do with her appearance or creating a shallow video.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.09, 11:23 PM   #642
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

but she is amazing 24/7. come on, who are we kidding here?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 01:33 AM   #643
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

SIGH. Bullet point time:

* Not CRITICISING Shiina Ringo's Body. Talking about her appearance this time. If anything, I'm annoyed because she looks LESS like Shiina because the makeup looks like it's drowning out her face

* Well, that's the only bullet point

On another note, I'm enjoying Sanmon Gossip more and more every day. Unlike some of the other members who I presume are tired of it because they had the album on repeat for a day when it released, I just listened to it once every few days. Roudousha's grown on me. I can definitely appreciate Yokyou over the EXPO version. Karisome Otome, Jikan, and that retro lounge jazzy one are the only ones I say are underwhelming.

Although someone said that the album isn't cohesive and doesn't have a 'central theme', I do actually think the songs work together. Every time I listen to this album, I find that I'm, well, listening to the entire album. Every song feels like its been put in the right place, and everything flows well.

I kind of felt the jump from Vogue to Roudousha was a bit jarring, especially since the latter is quite long, but I can appreciate it in that place.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 03:15 AM   #644
merman

merman is an asset to this community

^
Yesss... I was surprised how well it works as a whole with the so many collaborators on it. The songs work better for me in the context of an album than when they stand alone, which is also the case with KSK and (especially) Adult.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 03:45 AM   #645
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

scribble, your not the target of my complaints, I was thinking more of the people who were complaining about how the dress makes ringo's boobs like horrible.

and what make-up? ringo isn't wearing a lot of make-up at all. if you want to see her pancaked, watch the Dynamite video again.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 04:02 AM   #646
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I still am in love with the album, absolutely. I listen to it in its entirity almost everyday. Yesterday night I had to play Bonsai Hada three times, don't know why.

btw, someone gave me neg rep because of this. cool XD.

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
that dress is not doing good things to her boobs....
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Oh yes it is *¬*.

Last edited by Orenji : 2009.07.10 at 04:06 AM.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 06:23 AM   #647
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

sometimes kuro_neko reminds me that "Leave Britney alone!!!!"-guy XD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 06:55 AM   #648
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
scribble, your not the target of my complaints, I was thinking more of the people who were complaining about how the dress makes ringo's boobs like horrible.

and what make-up? ringo isn't wearing a lot of make-up at all. if you want to see her pancaked, watch the Dynamite video again.
There isn't? There's just something doll-like about her face. It was present in Ringo Expo too. I know it's not just her because in some of the SG interviews she doesn't look like that.

But anyway (This is the most I've typed about fashion in my entire life)

Does anyone else smirk/laugh at the 'second part' of Ii Karada? When the whole marching band bit comes in. May be just me, but that part of the song seems as self-aware/ironic as Koufoukuron (MM version) was. She coulda gone with Broadway HF vocals but she went as grating and horrible as she could possibly get (And the inhaling. Lol).

Yeah, I like this album a lot. Not a masterpiece, but I'm pleased. As I suggested before, my main criticism is that there's three songs that I'd consider filler (SR's filler is better than a lot of what we consider to be pop filler, but still), and a few meatier tracks could have taken their places (Or they could at least be as interesting as Stoicism)

I'm guessing that it'll be easy to compare Tokyo Jihen's upcoming album to this one. Which is why I'm kind of looking forward to it...
Old 2009.07.10, 06:58 AM   #649
merman

merman is an asset to this community

^
ewwwww that was harsh. But if you've seen any other videos/vlogs of "Mrs. Crocker" as (s)he likes to call himself, you wouldn't be saying that about neko XD
Honestly though, just as all these folks can trash the video and Ringo's diva side and whatnot, others can say they like it/love it just as much. It's only fair. I for one like the Ryuukou PV, I think it goes well enough with the lyrics... do I have to feel bad about it? Do I have to feel bad about loving Sanmon Gossip because I frankly think it's a great album? I didn't expect to like it as much as I do in the first place.
I suppose EMF would be much more boring if everyone would worship Shiina without any criticism, and I have to admit that the criticism sparks way more interesting discussion than blind fanboyism - which is possibly the reason why this is the only discussion forum where I go everyday and even post. But just because some people here like Shiina's recent musical ventures doesn't mean they have lesser taste...
Scribble, I find the whole song very ironic and tongue-in-cheek... the unhappy self-conscious lyrics are quite the opposite of the upbeat musical backing, and the pairing is probably what makes this song work so well for me...

Last edited by merman : 2009.07.10 at 07:01 AM.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 07:57 AM   #650
Scribble R

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Scribble, I find the whole song very ironic and tongue-in-cheek... the unhappy self-conscious lyrics are quite the opposite of the upbeat musical backing, and the pairing is probably what makes this song work so well for me...
She did a similar thing in Yattsuke Shigoto KSK, too.