Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.07.13, 03:34 AM   #691
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

^

I think of Lupin III (Which is predictable)

Vogue is creeping up my 'most played SR songs on repeat' list. The second part of the song when she sings in English is great.

Tokyo Jihen should really be making pop songs of this caliber. SG should be Phase 2's sound in general. Perhaps it would have been if Variety wasn't Ukigumo and Izawa-driven.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.07.13 at 03:43 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 03:31 AM   #692
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Am I hearing things, or does the "hoshi" guy laugh RIGHT at the end of Roudousha? It sounds really twisted as well.

(Only have laptop speakers at the moment)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.07.15 at 04:09 AM.
Old 2009.07.15, 04:11 AM   #693
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I hear the laugh too on my cheap headphones o.o

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 04:15 AM   #694
Scribble R

It's so freaky. It's gonna give me nightmares.
Old 2009.07.15, 04:59 AM   #695
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Irokoizata reminds me of a Christmas song, somehow. I think it has a similar opening to Hurry X-Mas by L'arc or something...

I'm liking the album as a whole a lot more now. And it introduced me to Karisome Otome, which I looove. Where were you all my life, Shiina?! Or, more appropriately, where was I?

Ohh and in Futaribocchi, I really love how enthusiastically she sings, especially for "Do" and "Ra/La" and the link. It just sounds so cute.
Old 2009.07.15, 05:24 AM   #696
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

^ I agree. the "Do" part is really lovely.

yay
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 05:33 AM   #697
merman

merman is an asset to this community

s3r3nity, you haven't heard Heisei Fuuzoku?
Or you just didn't know the Death Jazz version?
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 05:50 AM   #698
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Well, after SG introducded me to Karisome, I looked it up on Youtube and found the HF version...but that's all I've heard from the album ><
Old 2009.07.15, 07:32 AM   #699
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

I hear "honnouji" (本能寺?) in Roudousha (around 4:20).
Old 2009.07.15, 08:16 AM   #700
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by s3r3nity View Post
I'm liking the album as a whole a lot more now. And it introduced me to Karisome Otome, which I looove. Where were you all my life, Shiina?! Or, more appropriately, where was I?
Originally Posted by merman View Post
s3r3nity, you haven't heard Heisei Fuuzoku?
Or you just didn't know the Death Jazz version?
Originally Posted by s3r3nity View Post
Well, after SG introducded me to Karisome, I looked it up on Youtube and found the HF version...but that's all I've heard from the album ><
People in this community (myself included) tend to assume that everyone here has already heard everything.

So all this time you've been a real virgin for the DEATH JAZZ version of.. Temporary Virgin? I suppose what this means for you is that you haven't already played it to.. DEATH.

Now in all seriousness, it's been out for nearly a total of 3 years now, starting from roughly half a year before it was ever tacked onto the end of any deluxe versions of Heisei Fuuzoku. We (the fanbase) got to hear both of the non-album versions (DEATH JAZZ and HITOKUCHIZAKA) of Karisome Otome near the beginning of the Sakuran marketing campaign, month(s) before the movie reached Japanese theaters and before the Kono Yo no Kagiri single even came out.

For awhile, Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) was an iTunes exclusive, and the only way to get it in CD quality was to participate in bidwars against other fans on Yahoo! Japan Auctions for a small handful of industry insider CDs that were never supposed to be available to the public. Often the bidwars would jump above 10,000yen. I have several of these CDs, and they are almost worthless now.

You should probably check our index for anything else you might have missed.