Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.08.10, 08:25 PM   #141
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Haha, this PV is crazy. I really like it. It's very tied to the lyrics, too.

But I dunno, the lyrics are about wanting to improve your health, and because Ringo's all afraid to look at the number on the scale in the video, it makes me wonder if the "curvy animated Ringo" that appears after that is more like the body she's afraid of becoming, a fat body (by Japanese standards), as opposed to what she wants to be. I dunno, just my theory.

I also really like the Alice in Wonderland house thing. Super cool!
Old 2009.08.10, 08:42 PM   #142
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
And you remind me of guys that get pissed off when you tell them something harmless like their shoes untied and they yell hate crime and scream and holler and then cry even more when they realize their make-up is running.
sounds like you have experience hanging out with drag queens. I always suspected something...

btw, how amazing are ringo's breasts in this video? seriously, that part where she gets on the scale and bends over...made me thirsty.
Old 2009.08.10, 08:43 PM   #143
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
it makes me wonder if the "curvy animated Ringo" that appears after that is more like the body she's afraid of becoming, a fat body (by Japanese standards), as opposed to what she wants to be. I dunno, just my theory.
I don't think so. It's all a homage to the cartoons of the US of the 30s through 60s, much like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was. I can only see it as a Betty Boop/Jessica Rabbit image of the "perfect body".

last.fm
Old 2009.08.10, 08:45 PM   #144
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Haha, this PV is crazy. I really like it. It's very tied to the lyrics, too.

But I dunno, the lyrics are about wanting to improve your health, and because Ringo's all afraid to look at the number on the scale in the video, it makes me wonder if the "curvy animated Ringo" that appears after that is more like the body she's afraid of becoming, a fat body (by Japanese standards), as opposed to what she wants to be. I dunno, just my theory.

I also really like the Alice in Wonderland house thing. Super cool!
I don't think its fat necessarily, just a very bombastic vivacious body, AV-idol quality body, etc. she has had problems with the symmetry in her body and her general figure her entire life, so it could go either way. I don't think she is concerned with gaining weight as much as with having that ideal "perfect" body, as seen by different people. I think its less a weight issue and more a beauty-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder type of message, but that is just me.

after she has huge chest and butt in the mirror she is plagued with thoughts of desert and cake, covering the cartoon image, then she picks up a picture of a man, so this would lead me to think that that idea of her in the mirror is a depiction of a perfect body, etc, whether or not this is hers or society's or whatever isn't clear. I'd say Ringo is probably a typical girl and like most japanese girls wish for bigger breasts and a smaller waist.

I just finally watched the full video (thank you youtube!) and the part at the end where they are dancing and the sign reads "touch my body" made me crack up....

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.08.10 at 09:23 PM.
Old 2009.08.10, 09:49 PM   #145
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The lady in the PV isn't Shiina Ringo I know or care about.
SR doing ballet - hot; everything else, well, there's a reason Disney doesn't hand draw their cartoons anymore...
Old 2009.08.10, 09:50 PM   #146
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

I just need to say one thing

Who killed Rodger Rabbit?
Old 2009.08.10, 10:20 PM   #147
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
The lady in the PV isn't Shiina Ringo I know or care about.
SR doing ballet - hot; everything else, well, there's a reason Disney doesn't hand draw their cartoons anymore...
cuz it takes longer and they have to actually pay their employee's fair wages?

Who Killed Roger Rabbit yessssss

I have to admit I was surprised at how well this video was in the animation/CG department, the only part that looks sketch was when she was rocking back and forth on the boat. she fit right in with her crazy facial expressions, colorful clothing, and exaggerated dance steps.
Old 2009.08.10, 11:16 PM   #148
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
btw, how amazing are ringo's breasts in this video? seriously, that part where she gets on the scale and bends over...made me thirsty.
This is the kind of shit that's dragging EMF down to the depths of jpop hell. Fuck this shit. We used to be above this nonsense and all about the music.
Old 2009.08.10, 11:23 PM   #149
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sigh.
Old 2009.08.11, 12:12 AM   #150
merman

merman is an asset to this community

PV is cool; Disney cartoons were much better in the pre-CG era.
Closed Thread