Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2016.04.18, 07:10 AM   #1091
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Congrats! that Jet Set page keeps telling me it's not on sale yet :/ I was refreshing it all day on Saturday, too

Anyway, I will be in Japan in less than a month so I am just going to try REALLY hard to stay off the net and attempt to find it while I'm there. I might eat these words but it looks like there are a few locations that still might have it, so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that at least one of these copies remains in the Tokyo area for a few more weeks.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.18, 10:28 AM   #1092
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

A quick review.

01. TOKYO BLACK HOLE:
9/10. On first listen I liked it but wasn't in love, but with more listens I've picked up on some of the stylistic flourishes she's inserted. I love how soft and delicate her voice sounds at some points contrasted with her more unrestrained screeching. It's catchy without being too hyper. Would love more songs with this feel.

02. Magic Mirror
9/10. I love how parts of it are almost symphonic/disney and other parts rely mostly on her guitar. The melody is killer as is her voice. Have loved it since it's release. It is kind of strange hearing it in the context of this album after listening to it as a single for months though.

03. Nama Kill The Time 4 You
6/10. It's catchy enough and parts of it really hook me (the beginning especially, when she says "baby blue"), but it's too cutesy for me, and not enough edge. The squeaky screaming seems more like... little sister anime character than crazy idol. I find myself getting annoyed with it pretty quickly.

04. Chou Shin Sedai Castellammare MAGIC Maji KISS
7/10. Hasn't stuck with me as much as some of the other songs but I love the effects used on her voice and when she leans more towards talking than singing. The song's progression isn't that exciting though.

05. Ai Shiteru.com
9/10. The acoustic version is still my preferred version because it harkens back to her earlier sound, but I think this version was extremely well done. Again, lots of little unique flourishes with her voice and the melody. Never boring to me.

06. SHINPIN
3/10. Probably my least favorite song. It sounds repetitive and annoying. I can't find anything in it to get excited about. Would love to hear someone give me reasons to give it another try lol.

07. Sacchan no Sexy Curry
6/10. Worked okay as a single and as an anime song but I don't really like it in the context of the album. Doesn't have the same feel as the other songs do to me.

08. Gekiteki JOY! Before After
8/10. I really do not like male voices in Seiko's songs lol. Love it besides that though. A lot of different elements to the song that all work well together but also sound great on their own. It's exciting to listen to.

09. ■Kkumii, ■Kkumii
8/10. I think about her saying "nyanya" at least once a day. More of that great spoken singing. Not too excited about the guitar part but everything else is perfect to me.

10. Dramatic Shisei Katsu
7/10. Kind of forgettable to me, not as noticably Seiko as some of the other songs.

11. Mu Shuusei Romantic ~Enchou-Sen~
8/10 I love this...would love to hear more music with this sound! But the guy's voice is so boring to me, especially compared to her voice. (I'm pretty picky about male voices though.) Would also like it to be a little less restrained.

12. Kyuushoku Toubansei Hantai
6/10. Another forgettable song for me. Not bad, but I don't really think about it very much. Might need to listen to it more. I also hate the intro. Fits into the flow of the album well though.

13. Shoujo Manga Shounen Manga
9/10. Joining in on the consensus that this is a great song. More of that pre-major label Seiko's feel!

Overall, the album has some great songs and some exciting new possible directions, but there some definite weaker points. I think with some editing TBH and Sennou could be combined into one killer album.
Old 2016.04.18, 07:35 PM   #1093
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I've noticed SHINPIN being a track that's dividing people.

Guess you gotta like the producer's sound to like it. Pretty damn unique. I love Maison Book Girl (soundwise, not so much the vocals) and I love this one too.

You didn't likeKyuushoku Toubansei Hantai??? That's a shame. I love this version of it.

But I'm really a bad person to ask on this seeing as I really can't choose a favorite song anymore. To me everything works off each other and needs to be there. Even Sexy Curry cause damn it's buildup and payoff is great.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2016.04.18 at 07:39 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.19, 09:22 AM   #1094
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

I think it's the mallet on a xylophone sound that turns me off. It sounds juvenile to me. Plus the word "shinpi" has always just made me uncomfortable whenever I hear it in songs so having it be the main part of a chorus is not ideal for me lol.
I think KTH works well in the context of the album but I never find myself skipping straight to it. But it could be more of a grower!
To me the middle of the album lags a little with Shinpin and Sex Curry back to back. I think the beginning and end half would each make pretty great mini albums though.
Old 2016.04.21, 05:02 PM   #1095
Necronopticous

Necronopticous has had more than 15 seconds of fame

SHINPIN is the worst song in her discography as far as I am concerned.
Necronopticous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.23, 12:03 AM   #1096
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Just picked up Sennou on JetSet. There might be a few more copies in case anyone still wants to get on it. Shipping is always great from them too.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.23, 12:40 AM   #1097
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Have they actually confirmed it?

Another friend tried ordering only to get an email back saying none left in stock...

Half tempted to grab another copy if they still have them though. Why? I don't know. One to play, Keep one sealed I guess.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2016.04.23 at 12:44 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.28, 10:22 PM   #1098
deadgrandma

Yeah Kyuushoku Toubansei Hantai is really great the more I listen to it.

Noticed one major thing this week...

SO MUCH NEW MUSIC CAME OUT... but....

TOKYO BLACK HOLE still sounds the freshest out of all of it. Good signs indeed.
Old 2016.05.03, 08:58 PM   #1099
deadgrandma

The full LP set.
Old 2016.05.04, 09:02 AM   #1100
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Is the Sennou LP as flimsy as the Mahou Ga one? I didn't end up finding one, unfortunately.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote