Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2013.03.13, 04:46 AM   #21
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well, Boris' first release of the year totally delivered. Good stuff.

And now Dillinger Escape Plan have released a great new single (with an album coming in May). Perhaps there's chance for another good metal-related album this year:

Dillinger Escape Plan- Prancer

Speaking of Boris, Ensemble Pearl also turned out to be one hell of an album. That particular album also makes that a new album from Stephen O' Malley (of Sunn O))) fame) too. 2013 seems to be heading the right direction, lets just hope it can keep up with what's already released, and hope the albums that I have a feeling are gonna suck won't. (I'm looking at you Yeah Yeah Yeahs).

Oh yeah, let's not forget the new album by Clutch. While I don't think it's their best work ever, it's still got some real kickass tracks on it.
Old 2013.03.13, 11:20 AM   #22
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Stuff that might rock:

March 18

Suede - Bloodsports

April 10, 2013

凛として時雨 - i'mperfect
Ego-Wrappin' - Steal a Person's Heart
Momoiro Clover Z - 5th Dimension

Stuff that might suck:

Depeche Mode - Delta Machine
Todd Rundgren - State
Lydia Lunch - Retrovirus
Anything by John Zorn unless it's rock oriented

Stuff that makes wonder why they should exist:

The Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There
Jimi Hendrix - People, Hell and Angels
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.23, 03:54 AM   #23
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Sigur Ros- Brennisteinn

Well, I am stunned to be honest. I knew about a new Sigur Ros album and I knew that it was gonna be different to Valtari. BUT THIS DIFFERENT??? And this awesome????

Welcome back to the big leagues. Can't wait to hear the rest.

EDIT: They played a second song on Jimmy Fallon. And it's also awesome. http://gwendalperrin.net/blog/2013/0...-jimmy-fallon/

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.03.23 at 04:31 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.01, 12:20 PM   #24
Inseu

Kuriyama Chiaki to release her first single in a year and 5 months

It’s been revealed that actress/singer Kuriyama Chiaki will be releasing her first single in a year and 5 months, “Toyosu☆Luciferin“, on April 24th.

Kuriyama’s 6th single since her singing debut in February of 2010 was written by former Midori vocalist Goto Mariko and composed, arranged, and produced by 9mm Parabellum Bullet guitarist Taki Yoshimitsu. The song is said to have a beautiful melody, heavy-metal sound, and lyrics full of fantasy.

For its coupling track, the single will include a rock number called “Hodokenai, Bokura wa Zettai.“, which is also composed, arranged, and produced by Taki. It will also include a song that was produced by 9mm Parabellum Bullet, “Roulette de Kuchizuke wo“, which was featured in Kuriyama’s first album, “CIRCUS“, released back in March of 2011.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03/kur...-and-5-months/

Some other cute girl also wrote songs for Kuriyama Chiaki a couple of years ago. I see parallels of their career paths.

Goto Mariko also wrote a theme song for 惡の華 (Flower of Evil), to be released on May 22nd.
Old 2013.04.03, 03:10 AM   #25
deadgrandma

New Chiaki, could be good. I'm pretty much convinced that she's not nearly as bad as some people like to say she is. Sexy voice and good musical connections, can't ask too much more from this kinda music. I still listen to and enjoy CIRCUS even now, it has a lot of re-playability, unlike other actress turned singer music from Japan (for example, any release by Anna Tsuchiya :-p).
Old 2013.04.03, 09:08 AM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I pretty much only care about Chiaki's music career when Shiina Ringo or Asai Kenichi is involved. Circus would've sucked without them, just as much as Tomosaka Rie sucked without Shiina Ringo.
Old 2013.04.03, 11:52 AM   #27
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
...(for example, any release by Anna Tsuchiya :-p).
Her contribution to FAKE?'s "Butterfly (Don't Let My Sun Go Down)" has been duly noted as fantastic.
Old 2013.04.09, 08:46 PM   #28
Inseu

385 has a new album called Ningen (人間) to be released on May 8th. Definitely interested in hearing it.
Old 2013.04.09, 08:52 PM   #29
deadgrandma

Hmm 385. Hmm. I dunno. I wanna like em but when its so so so blatantly ripping off Midori, its painful to appreciate...
Old 2013.04.18, 06:45 PM   #30
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I pretty much only care about Chiaki's music career when Shiina Ringo or Asai Kenichi is involved. Circus would've sucked without them, just as much as Tomosaka Rie sucked without Shiina Ringo.
What about after you hear this new single, full PV is here:

http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/646522

It doesn't sound that awful (to me at least). The PV itself however, is pretty cheapo.