Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.05.08, 08:08 AM   #101
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
(Ukigumo fans, say something in defence!)

I like the guitar.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.08, 08:12 AM   #102
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
I like the guitar.
Neat ._.v

I was expecting fluffie to say something cos I merely remember he's one of the Ukigumo supporters. Or only one?
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.08, 12:53 PM   #103
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think Toumei Ningen is a good song. I can see why the guitar is hated on so much, but I like it too. *shrug*
Old 2007.05.08, 04:07 PM   #104
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I too like Toumei Ningen, but mostly because of Dynamite Out.

I admit that the Adult version is enjoyable to me to the extent that it reminds me of Dynamite Out.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.08, 04:52 PM   #105
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Neat ._.v

I was expecting fluffie to say something cos I merely remember he's one of the Ukigumo supporters. Or only one?

Keep in mind that when a poll was taken to determine the favorite TJ guitarist, Ukigumo was on top. I admit to the possibility that Hirama may lead if another poll is to be taken, but from past results, people seem to be okay with Uki.

Now, I agree that the guitar in the original Tomei Ningen sounds cooler, and that version may even be better, but I like this version how it is, and the different style of guitar sounds neat in its own way. Guitars by no means have to dominate a song. They don't even have to be the centerpiece of a song as they often are in modern music. I do enjoy when a song is led by a guitar, but I also enjoy how Tokyo Jihen allows other instruments to lead at different times to create more variety and pwnsomeness.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.08, 08:36 PM   #106
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I listened to ADULT yesterday...i brought me nothing but instant multiple eargasms. The music, the arrangements...they're so neat and full of sparkles *_* I was like "OMG this is a priceless gem of an album for all human beings..."

It was SS finally pulled me out of this insanity = =b
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.08, 10:24 PM   #107
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Keep in mind that when a poll was taken to determine the favorite TJ guitarist, Ukigumo was on top. I admit to the possibility that Hirama may lead if another poll is to be taken, but from past results, people seem to be okay with Uki.
Yeah, but, IIRC, most of the Uki voters were Op2's followers. I'm fairly certain that most of the major contributers voted Hirama.
Old 2007.05.09, 03:17 AM   #108
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

and there was voters that voted ukie because he fits TJ better

and I still wait for the day that I'll have eargasms hearing adult >_<
everyone had....
why not me????
i____i

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.09, 05:25 AM   #109
Loire
Founder

Loire pleased at least somebody

Now, I agree that the guitar in the original Tomei Ningen sounds cooler, and that version may even be better, but I like this version how it is, and the different style of guitar sounds neat in its own way. Guitars by no means have to dominate a song. They don't even have to be the centerpiece of a song as they often are in modern music. I do enjoy when a song is led by a guitar, but I also enjoy how Tokyo Jihen allows other instruments to lead at different times to create more variety and pwnsomeness.
I prefer Hirama but I don't blame Uki for being here. Ringo (or the band itself) has chosen him though they knew his style and skills, so the idea of bringing this guitar sound was theirs too.
Old 2007.05.09, 05:31 AM   #110
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
Yeah, but, IIRC, most of the Uki voters were Op2's followers. I'm fairly certain that most of the major contributers voted Hirama.
Remember one thing: language barriers. It's possible not that there're more people like Hirama, but just more ppl who speak English fluently enough (aka. "major contributors") call for Hirama.
I generally like both Hirama & Uki, and i always feel like Uki is kind of over-criticized here. But my inabilities on English strongly hampers my defense on Uki each time. So I just stand by and read posts.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote