Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.03.16, 11:29 AM   #131
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Just found some information regarding the live action movie of 20th century boys.

- It will be not a single movie, but a trilogy with a budget of 60 Million $
- The first movie will be released in japan in august
- The movie will be shot in Japan, Thailand, America, England and China
- Urasawa helped writing the script and he is very excited about the project
- The song "20th Century Boys" is the titel song of the movie
- The cast for the whole trilogy is about 300 actors

Cast:

Toshiaki Karasawa as Kenji

Etsushi Toyokawa as Otcho

Takako Tokiwa as Yukiji

Teruyuki Kagawa als Yoshitsune

Hidehiko Ishizuka as Maruo

Takashi Ukaji as Mon-chan

Hiroyuki Miyasako as Keroyon

Katsuhisa Namase as Donkey

Fumiyo Kohinata as Dr. Yamane

Kuranosuke Sasaki as Fukubei

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.25, 08:01 AM   #132
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by haruhi-suzumiya View Post
Anyone here like Gurren Lagann? It's a GAINAX show, but it's awesome.
As long as you love GAINAX till 2001 or something, I'm okay with this statement...

About 20th century boys LA...
I don't think I'll like it, it's just so perfect as a manga to me
Oh and is Maruo's character design based on the actor playing him or something?!
Also, anyone know anything about the *Gasp* (I think) upcoming hollywood version of urasawa's Monster? >__>;
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.25, 12:41 PM   #133
golem09

Originally Posted by NCORE View Post
About 20th century boys LA...
I don't think I'll like it, it's just so perfect as a manga to me
Oh and is Maruo's character design based on the actor playing him or something?!

I don't think I'll like it either, because everything is so perfect in the manga...

But on the other hand, the announcement, that it will be a trilogy, and not only a single movie makes me hope that it will be at least entertaining for us manga fans

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.03.26, 08:51 AM   #134
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I don't think I'll like it either, because everything is so perfect in the manga...

But on the other hand, the announcement, that it will be a trilogy, and not only a single movie makes me hope that it will be at least entertaining for us manga fans
I wonder how they'll handle Friend, without showing anything... I'm definetly watching the first movie, it's a thin line between crap and awesomeness

Found a really good AMV on youtube:
Shiro Learns to Fly

I love Honneamise
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.07, 08:06 PM   #135
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Death Note is pretty good so far - on episode four. It's addicting.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.07, 09:45 PM   #136
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

ahhh the first episode of xxxHOLiC's second season looks very promising. I'm excited!

Also started the Lovely Complex anime (read 4 volumes of the manga already) which also looks very good so far.

FUCKIN DROPPED Honey & Clover at 18 episodes because it had just gotten to be too much. If there are any fans here we can debate over its faults/merits but if there aren't I'll just leave it at that. XD

Does anyone else have a Myanimelist profile? Mine is here and let's be friends. It's like half the reason I've watched more anime in the past week than I have all year. So satisfying to my OCD-ness to update with each new episode watched!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.08, 03:32 AM   #137
golem09

Ok, I just spent the last hour or more assembling my list, here you go:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/golem09

It should cover up 98% of the animes I watched

Best thing I watched from 2007 is still Baccano!, everyone should watch it. Such brilliant characters and plot

And I just found "Seirei no Moribito", looks very promising

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2008.04.08 at 03:46 AM.
Old 2008.04.08, 01:02 PM   #138
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Well, okay, since you asked for it Shinji, I'll give my H&C rant...

Honey & Clover is boring. First off. Its characters are boring, the story moves along SUPER slowly ("slice of life" = "zero plot" I guess), and I'm just not interested in any of it. The only episodes I liked were the ones about Mayama's architecture job and Yamada helping out with making the pots etc. EVERY OTHER EPISODE was a struggle to get through. It's all so overblown and super-dramatic and meaningless.

Second, I hate most of the characters.

- I don't like Hagu, and her annoying squeaky voice and timid personality. Also how she looks like a LITTLE GIRL and two guys in the show immediately fall in love with that. wtf!!!
- I don't like Morita, and his only existing for "comic relief" and to be part of some BORING AS ALL HELL love triangle that's not going ANYWHERE. When he finally graduated, only to come back, that was when I decided I was going to stop watching, because THAT IS SO STUPID. LET HIM GRADUATE.
- I don't like Takemoto, and his ultra-passive crush on Hagu. IF YOU LIKE SOMEONE, DON'T SIT AROUND FOR 2+ YEARS DOING NOTHING, AND WHINING ABOUT HOW SHE MIGHT LIKE SOME OTHER GUY BETTER. Either tell her how you feel, or just move on!!! Godddd what a whiny pathetic baby. EVERY episode it's "ohhh, Hagu might like Morita, what'll Iiiiii doooooo! sniff sniff sniff." And again with the about to graduate, then you decide to WASTE MONEY staying in school longer because you're still too scared to face the real world. Ugh, what a totally useless character.
- I'm also not a big fan of Mayama still being stuck on that older women. People in this show apparently fixate on one person, and then just never GROW AND CHANGE and get over that crush when it's apparent it's not going to work out. That isn't really a good depiction of healthy attachments/relationships. If you like someone, and it's not working, you move on and eventually find someone else. In this show, CRUSHES LAST FOREVER OMG, even when they're going absolutely nowhere and it's ridiculous to keep clinging to them. And the show brings them up and harps on them over and over and over and over. IT GETS OLD!!!

And I ALSO don't think this show reflects my life sooooo much, like omg I'M going through the saaaame problemmssss with graduating and finding a job and omg I can just relate sooooo much. (I saw this in the good reviews of it all the time.) Why watch a show that's essentially you fancying it to be about yourself and getting off on how much you "relate"? That's lame. I guess I hate the "slice of life" genre. (Now true, I enjoy relating to characters in a series, but not to the entire series itself. And these characters, to me, are not even relatable. I don't agree with their choices at all.)

It's sad, because I love Ferris wheels, bicycles, and the music of Suga Shikao and Spitz. I should have liked this show. But, I didn't.

Sorry Shinji, but you asked for it. XD
Old 2008.04.10, 06:31 PM   #139
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Lovely Complex seems okay so far. On the other hand, Death Note is totally awesome, and it has to be one of the best animes I've ever seen.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.10, 09:52 PM   #140
frecklegirl
apple-princess

wah hah hahhhh I love the Osaka-ben in Lovely Complex!! XD It's like listening to a show full of Kero-chans (from Cardcaptor Sakura). So fun to listen to!!