Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.08.01, 03:25 AM   #81
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Now I saw the finale, but I still don' really like Smith. Amy Pond now finally grew to me, after a whole season, but the Doctor didn't.
Besides everything else, I don't think he will ever be able to grow on me, because he is just too young.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.16, 04:25 PM   #82
golem09

After all, it IS a mini series, so I guess posting it here is the right place, but it totally doesn't deserve it...

I've... just... seen... Dead... Set.

WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE?!?!?!

This is the best Zombie movie I've ever seen, and I've seen everything I could possibly get my hands on.
The script, the characters, the atmosphere are more than perfect, and I was completely surprised, because I expect a half hearted parody mixed with overly clicheed Zombie situations.
And the settings is the most awesome thing anyone could ever think of.
I you don't know what I'm talking about:

During a fictional series of Big Brother, a zombie outbreak occurs, but the house-mates are unaware of the impending doom outside of the Big Brother House.
See? Now you also expect a half hearted parody mixed with a bad zombie flick.
Don't let that distract you, it's 2.5 hours of pure awesomeness.
This beats every Zombie flick out there, and it's a SERIOUS movie. The humor is really rare, but if it's there, it's spot on.
But the best thing about it is the mood and the suspense. It seems more real than all the other zombis flicks I've seen, and the character don't just have "Plot Device A, B or C" written on their forehead.

Pure Awesomeness

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.10.10, 09:56 PM   #83
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

BBC - Spooks!

Never even knew it was back on until last night when a friend brought it up O_o. Thank heavens you can watch stuff online!

Think it's been running about 8 years now (give or take), it's the only show I've ever managed to keep following.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.11, 03:11 AM   #84
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Fringe - The best network television show this season. Brilliant production design, smart scripts, excellent acting.
CSI - This just keeps delivering. Laurence Fishburne, stunning cinematography, not stupid.
Bones - Sort of CSI for girls. Could fail in a number of ways. Doesn't.
House - Got boring when weirdo disease of the week became the plot line, but is more intriguing now that he has deliciously complicated his personal life.

Enough for now.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.11, 05:37 AM   #85
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I agree with you about Fringe, this season is just off to a fantastic start. Switching between dimensions each episode was a pretty bold choice, but it works well. Anna Torv gets a lot of flack for her acting as Olivia, but the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between the two Olivia's are played wonderfully. And John Noble is simply one of the best guys on TV right now!

Aside from Fringe, Dexter is off to a nice, if a tad slow and directionless start. But it was inevitable given that they have to deal with the aftermath of the season 4 finale.

I've only seen the first episode of Boardwalk Empire, but I thought it was fantastic. House isn't treading drastically new ground, but it's fun enough and I'm glad the "huddy" relationship isn't as soap-opera sappy as it could have been. Chuck is as fun and lighthearted as ever.

Also watching The Event, which isn't particularly well acted nor written (in fact it is quite often dumb) but I enjoy the premise and the mysteries so I'll hang around and see how it goes.
Old 2010.10.11, 12:46 PM   #86
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

Good Eats. Food Network has two science guys, Alton Brown and his annoying dickhead evil twin. Can't even remember his name quickly. Hooray for me.

Alton's Good Eats explains the why behind the how of cooking in a delightfully entertaining way. Really good TV. Clever enough to have me watching a show about food.

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2010.10.11 at 01:37 PM.
Old 2010.10.11, 06:44 PM   #87
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I haven't avidly watched Good Eats in about 9 years, but it's awesomeee. I love the science bits of it. It all makes sense then!

I watched Pushing Daisies. (Thanks Netflix streaming!) Now I'm sad it's cut and the last episode was freakishly rushed. Yaaay for season 3 comics coming out next year? It won't have the same feeling though. Easily one of my favorite shows.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.12, 03:01 AM   #88
golem09

I love Fringe as well, although I've only seen the frist two episodes yet, because I always watch it on wednesday. I still haven't seen the new episodes of Stargate Universe yet, but only because me and my mate use almost every minute we have together to watch the X-Files.

We're currently in season 3 which is definitely the weirdest one yet. There are episodes in between that just can't be taken serious, but instead of just making them a bit funny, these episodes have a completely weird offbeat humor that is so excellent that I wouldn't even have expected something like that in a comedy show. And all this still in the completely serious X-Files screenplay. It's just the weirdest stuff I've ever seen.

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 rock is very very good so far, and I'm COMPLETELY hyped up about the two live episodes this week. This is going to be utterly awesome.

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.10.12, 06:40 AM   #89
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

This is your first time watching The X-Files? Man, you're in for a treat. Well, up until the last few seasons which I still enjoy but... meh. And yeah, there are some FANTASTIC comedy episode in the X-Files, though it regularly has some quite quirky bits. Have you watched Jose Chung's From Outer Space and War of the Coprophages yet?
Old 2010.10.12, 03:59 PM   #90
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

30 Rock is awesome. I am usually taciturn and unimpressed while watching TV, but this show sometimes makes me burst out laughing.

Golem, if you are in a good vintage USA TV mood, I suggest the first few episodes of Twin Peaks. When that show was the foremost thought in David Lynch's mind, it was extraordinary. The TV network eventually screwed it up.

-edit-
Pushing Daisies was awesome! One of those shows that was too good to be true and then, sigh, wasn't.

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2010.10.12 at 04:15 PM.