Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2012.07.09, 09:49 PM   #331
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Change the Katei ni Sukuu Otoko to Bon Voyage ver and it couples nicely with Onna no ka wa darademo.
Old 2012.07.10, 10:23 AM   #332
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Umm... Adult
Sometimes I prefer to listen to Dai Hakken to Adult. While the Adult compositions are much stronger, it really fails when it tries to deliver energy. Blackout, Kabuki and Kenka Joutou all could have used the little extra punch Phase 2 brought with Sports and Dai Hakken.
Old 2012.07.10, 02:43 PM   #333
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I agree about Adult's lack of energy, though I think it's because its because they specifically were going for a sort of refined, overproduced sound and that lead to all of the songs sounding slick but not having any sort of spontaneous energy.

Generally, I think Kyouiku and Adult are TJ's artiest albums, but Sports and Dai-hakken are a much more mainstream, accessible type of pop/rock. Even though I place Kyouiku and Adult in higher regard, I have listened to Sports more simply becuase it's more enjoyable to listen to while doing other things, like background music.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.10, 06:29 PM   #334
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Yeah, but it's Adult... the only TJ album I'd tier on solo level.
Old 2012.07.10, 06:52 PM   #335
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Agreed. (Kyouiku would be too, but bad production / loudness wars stops it just short)
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.11, 12:06 AM   #336
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Strangely enough, I hate Crawl, but it astonishes me whenever someone says they don't like Service or even FOUL.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.11, 08:40 AM   #337
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Yeah, but it's Adult... the only TJ album I'd tier on solo level.
Kyouiku is far better than Adult. Sounan, Yume no Ato, Ekimae, Omatsuri Sawagi, and Jusui Negai easily make it "solo tier" if Adult is.

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti View Post
Strangely enough, I hate Crawl, but it astonishes me whenever someone says they don't like Service or even FOUL.
I'd rather listen to any of those songs over Kabuki, Shuraba -adult ver.- or Toumei Ningen.
Old 2012.07.11, 05:54 PM   #338
LoBFCanti

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Kyouiku is far better than Adult. Sounan, Yume no Ato, Ekimae, Omatsuri Sawagi, and Jusui Negai easily make it "solo tier" if Adult is.

I'd rather listen to any of those songs over Kabuki, Shuraba -adult ver.- or Toumei Ningen.
The bold are among my top 20 favorite Jihen songs. ;_; How can you not like Kabuki? I heard Adult in it's entirety months before I got a hold of the Shubara single. I loved Shubara ~a~, I did have knowledge of the single version being different even before I heard it. When I finally saw the PV, I found it less interesting. I still can enjoy it. Toumei Ningen just bores me.
Old 2012.07.18, 08:05 PM   #339
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

String together Keshou Naoshi, single Shuraba, Yukigini, Kabuki, Tasogare Naki and Rakujitsu and you get the blueprint for a Kameda-y alternate version of KZK. And maybe Suberidai, Memai and Aozora make a solo Adult.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.18, 09:19 PM   #340
LoBFCanti

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
And maybe Suberidai, Memai and Aozora make a solo Adult.
That would have been an amazing single. I'd like to see these return to live set list. Aisaika no Choushoku as well. It was only performed once believe I believe and not on a recorded performance ;_;