Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.03.28, 12:30 PM   #31
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
but not "Plaster Cast", because of what the Japanese wiki said. Again maybe she meant the mineral gypsum?
Could be gypsum, yeah, but I think "Plaster Cast" makes sense as well, since that Shiota Akihito movie I mentioned, called "Gips", is a about a girl with her leg in plaster. What I mean is, the word Gips (german) is definitely used in japanese to refer to "Plaster Cast". And that note you have on your site (the Gips lyrics translation) also makes a lot of sense, as well (about wanting to be as close to someone as plaster is from the skin).
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.28, 12:32 PM   #32
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yes, but the Japanese wiki specifically says that what she is referring to is NOT a plaster cast. I don't know why they said that but I'm going to believe them. Yes, Gips in Japanese DOES usually mean a plaster cast, but because they said that, NOT in this case.

Hm... so gypsum can be used to make lots of things including lime plaster, which is related to Kalk, as in KSK... hm. Another "smells like semen" thing?

I think I'm going to translate it as "Gips / Gypsum" from now on, that's the only thing that we know for sure.

Uhh so apparently when Kameda dies he wants "Gibusu" to be played as a BGM at his funeral.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.28, 12:56 PM   #33
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Uhh so apparently when Kameda dies he wants "Gibusu" to be played as a BGM at his funeral.
He has to request a BGM, otherwise Shiina Ringo would show up as a real old lady, and perform vocals more dry than Chara, backed by nothing but the least offensive brass you've ever heard.
Old 2009.03.28, 02:16 PM   #34
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Lol, where did you find that?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.28, 03:27 PM   #35
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Reading the Japanese Wikipedia page on "Gibusu" XDD
(it unfortunately offered nothing about the song title's meaning)

It also said that the man "Gibusu" is written about (someone Ringo knew before her debut) was a Nirvana fan, not Ringo herself, which explains the references. And that she didn't know that April is when Kurt Cobain died when she put in the line "April has come again."
Old 2009.03.28, 03:35 PM   #36
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Reading the Japanese Wikipedia page on "Gibusu" XDD
(it unfortunately offered nothing about the song title's meaning)

It also said that the man "Gibusu" is written about (someone Ringo knew before her debut) was a Nirvana fan, not Ringo herself, which explains the references. And that she didn't know that April is when Kurt Cobain died when she put in the line "April has come again."
I'm going to point out the fact that is wikipedia. if I wanted to right now I could go add that Ringo wrote the song while on an acid trip and conversing with the devil and people would take it as truth.

its all rumors and speculation mostly. sometimes people who are closely connected to ringo leak stuff out and it gets around, but there isn't any way to really know that it isn't just speculation.

and not to be a huge bitch, but Frecklegirl, you get really anal when people post in japanese and speculated lyrics for new songs that haven't had official lyrics released yet, yet this is all just rampant speculation once again, so is it any different? this should go in the "rumours" thread and not the official gibusu page listing most likely.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.28, 05:17 PM   #37
frecklegirl
apple-princess

You're the one who just told me I SHOULD be anal about not translating un-official lyrics @_@

It is pretty speculative, I never claimed otherwise. In fact I said "apparently" and "it says." I'm even suspicious of the claim that "Gips" doesn't mean plaster cast, but I'm trusting it for now. I never said OMG THIS IS FACT NOW. Just reporting on translations of what I found.

9_9 think I'm done with this thread now... no need to "put me in my place" thanks.
Old 2009.03.28, 08:45 PM   #38
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I said you should wait on the new song because on the official track listing it includes that the title of the song, and who know what is, is temporary. so I said you might as well wait because chances are if it gets released in the near future it will be reworked.

I think all the gibusu speculation is just that, speculation, and regardless of the wiki article we don't know shizzat so it might as well all go into the rumors bin. I mean do you want a new fan to stumble across gibusu, her most commercially successful single, track it to this forum, and then come upon all this and just take it as it is? I just thought you were kind of the queen of unofficial versus official information, from lyrics to titles to personal bios to her son's name, etc. didn't mean to be a bitch but then again I know my gun sometimes goes off in the wrong face.

...that sounds really bad
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.29, 08:03 AM   #39
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

This is why I don't care about lyrics (in japanese songs)
Old 2009.03.30, 05:54 AM   #40
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

If you're googling ギブス (Gibusu) and ギプス (Gipusu) at image search, you will get bunch of this kind of imgaes from both results. The difference is ギブス (Gibusu) have 37,900 results and ギプス (Gipusu) 19,600 results.