Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.04.14, 08:52 AM   #21
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I liked the first vid TokyoJihad. I half expected it to fade back at the end to find both of them hitting the wall.

http://www.MySpace.com/TitGuillotine
Old 2007.04.15, 08:04 AM   #22
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Waste of my time
Um, yeah, try to be a little more careful in the future. Even if you thought Tokyo Jihad was mocking you with his post, this is fairly unacceptable, to come back with such an immediately hostile remark. I mean, was there an insult to you anywhere in Tokyo Jihad's response? Or any real indication at all that he was mocking you instead of actually replying to your thread? No. So this was really uncalled for.

Admin speaking, just try to be better about this in the future.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.23, 03:57 AM   #23
arutea

arutea is headed in the right direction

I watched Agenda Setting, I quite enjoyed it actually. ^^ I particularly liked the dialogue. Did you write it? I could see this as a short performance on stage. My main nit pick would be that I would have liked it to conclude a bit differently. I guess I'm looking for more of an answer as to why he's hammering that wall instead of just noise. Although it does seem like a typical video "arty farty" piece I can see a video student doing - I guess to me, not having that definite answer equates to not being able to finish your story? I hope I'm making sense. =)

I think it has the potential to be a good piece. The main weak point of it in terms of video production is the audio for the dialogue. Voice over or separate audio recording would probably help when the camera is a bit further away. Lol but I guess you're just starting off right? I hope I haven't been to hard on you. =)

Second video - does it have audio? I'm playing it but I can't hear anything... culd be just my browser. X_x

Aurgh sorry, bad habit! I go to an art college... I study digital media so I automatically tend to critique things.

As for me - I've done a bit of freelance illustrating. I'm more main stream/commercial than I am "artist". I'm looking at heading more towards animation. My work last year is on my website. It's brainless, pointless, experimental fun that hasn't landed me an animation/related job yet. So now I'm working on a more ambitious story-based project this year for my honours degree and... I'm looking for voice actors too. ^^; To play the two children (below) and I'm writing in two new parts - a narrator and a soldier. I shall post up something within the next week about it when I fix my script.

Ok... I've blabbed enuf

Last edited by arutea : 2007.04.23 at 04:06 AM.
arutea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.23, 05:09 AM   #24
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Those two characters look really good, arutea! Even though they're clearly anime-influenced, it doesn't feel as though you're just copying someone else's design (which, from what I've seen of anime-influenced art, is extremely difficult to avoid). Keep it up!

Last edited by CatchFiveBats : 2007.04.23 at 06:47 PM.
CatchFiveBats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.23, 12:19 PM   #25
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Arutea. I did write it, and I actually did make it "live friendly" so it was possible to be done on stage. As for the ending. That is 'the' ending. That is how I wanted to wrap it up. I'm not gonna explicate exactly why and all, cuz that takes away all the fun As for audio, i think it came out well. The audio "jumps" aren't very apparent, Granted, it would just plain sound better if i had a boom and a better mic. And on left frame you can see the mic in the wideshot, so ftw. But i'll stand up for my cheap-o (relatively) mic and cam. They bring the relish when it comes to business.

And the second one does not hav sound, and thats all anyon ever says about it! =( Truth be told, it was made for a class and was required to not have sound. I should retitle it "does not have sound" so people dont have to worry about it.

Anyway, I'm studying this stuff in college, so I love valid critique!
Old 2007.04.23, 12:21 PM   #26
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Wow that's really something! I can easily see them in an anime movie...
Could you draw some Tokyo Jihen for us?
Old 2007.04.23, 02:10 PM   #27
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Arutea, your animation is nice, although there are some rough parts but I think you did a good job with things such as the smoke, it looks smooth. Btw, what program do you use to turn it into a video?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.23, 11:01 PM   #28
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

hey arutea, nice awards you got there!

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.23, 11:48 PM   #29
arutea

arutea is headed in the right direction

awards...? X.x?

Thanks everyone! =D

@catchfivebats Yeah.. I started drawing because of anime. ^^; I went through that infamous phase where people see my drawings as a copy of a particular mangaka's style and for a while I tried to move away from the anime look but I realised... the God of Anime/Manga Tezuka did it himself (he copied Disney's style at first) so... I accepted my Japanese anime style influence and hope one day it'd lead to my own.

I know what you mean about seeing copied styles. I can't help but look at some western manga/fan arts and think, "eh.. clamp, kenshin, full moon o sagashite..." But I guess you gotta start somewhere. ^^. I started with... Evangelion. hahaha I should post up my very first drawings some day. XD

@justringo yeah I've been meaning to attempt some ringo fan arts but.. so busy. =_=;; if I feel like procrastinating and can't think of anything else to do... I'll try. =D

@headofloe hahah yea I really wanted to do a lot of SFX and there was supposed to be heaps more in my animation but.. I ran out of time. _|-|O

But.. this year's one is going to hopefully be a lot more finished looking. I'm treating the first one as a purely experimental stage for this year's project.

I see about the non sound thing. ^^;; yeah... that's a bit of a pain not having sound cuz videos with no sound makes it hard to watch... particularly if it's longer than 20 seconds. Maybe since it's not for class anymore you can slap a song ontop of it? hehehe stick a shiina ringo song! lols.
arutea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.24, 04:10 AM   #30
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by arutea View Post
awards...? X.x?
Runner up in "Animania Mascot Competition" (2004)
1st Place in "My Life, My Art" Anglicare Art Competition (2002)

X.x

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote