Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 12:07 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [TJ] 2013.02.27 - Golden Time (DVD) [PV Selection]

Golden Time

Second-Press DVD Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.28, 09:54 PM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

My preliminary review of Golden Time (the blu-ray version):

Unlike the Dynamite Out portion of Chin-Play Kou-Play, the Phase 1 material here actually looked nice. I don't know if it was recorded in high definition, but the footage certainly looks clean enough. Also, this is the best studio recording I've ever heard of Sounan.

For anyone who hasn't already seen a tracklist, this video release omits almost everything from the Adult era. Shuraba is all we get. It looks and sounds good enough here.

We get all the PV'd songs from the Variety era, but no extra versions of the footage like we had in the Senkou Shoujo DVD. However, that DVD had compromised the video quality for audio quality, so the footage in this blu-ray (for OSCA and Killer Tune) looks undeniably better.

Although Tadanaranu Kankei was already circulating among file-sharers long before this retail release, it's nice to finally get a non-TV stream without the interlacing issues.

The footage we already had in CS Channel looks the same as before, for those of us who've seen the blu-ray of that.

Bon Voyage plays in the credits at the end. It's the only never-before-sold song here, and now I've got a legitimate offline source I didn't have to pay 20000yen for, which I can rip from.

All I'm really missing from the CD boxset, is the LP-size booklet.

On another note, the Golden Time blu-ray is only 15 GB, which isn't anywhere near as big as it could've been. They could have gave us every version of every Tokyo Jihen PV, but they probably didn't want to eliminate incentive to buy the original video releases. There's quite a bit missing from this PV compilation (beyond the Adult stuff), which I'll go into more detail about later.
Old 2013.03.01, 01:00 AM   #5
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Kurumaya-san from iTunes Store sounds definitely better than the old dvd-rips we had before ... same for put your camera down

Yoeko Kurahashi?

Last edited by Yahiko : 2013.03.09 at 06:43 AM. Reason: I wrote definately :(
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.02, 04:05 PM   #6
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Glath is right about Sounan... The least brickwalled and bassy version you're gonna get. Wish they'd give the treatment here to the entire album.

Also, Konya Wa Kasaragi, has a little bit at the end I didn't see before. Overall on the whole, if you can get it cheap, a nice little addition to a hardcore fans collection. I'd buy the other PV collections first though.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.04.02 at 04:45 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote