Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.06.09, 07:03 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Lightbulb Images that come to mind when you listen to certain tracks!

This is totally disturbing/nerdy, but HEY.

This is what comes my mind when listening to her tracks:

Shuukyou:
Little cute things trying to climb out of an abyss, but failing horribly.

Doppelganger:

I see a skyscraper. Each level is dark, gloomy, filled with slow, decaying zombie-like creatures. Elevator at both ends of each level. Someone, the protagonist of the story, is trying to get to the other side, where he/she then jumps into the elevator and ascends to the next level. Next level is all creepy and gloomy. Repeat. The last section of the song is the elevator speeding up and crashing through the roof into a dark, post-apocalyptic world.

Odaijini:
An alien damsel trapped on a spaceship.

Poltergeist:

Ballerina on ice (Predictable)

SG - Superficial Gossip:
Some kind of post-modern computer game. Don't ask.

BB Queen:
Hell.

Go go go go go gogogogogogogoringo!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 12:14 AM   #2
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
This is totally disturbing/nerdy, but HEY.

This is what comes my mind when listening to her tracks:

Shuukyou:
Little cute things trying to climb out of an abyss, but failing horribly.

Doppelganger:

I see a skyscraper. Each level is dark, gloomy, filled with slow, decaying zombie-like creatures. Elevator at both ends of each level. Someone, the protagonist of the story, is trying to get to the other side, where he/she then jumps into the elevator and ascends to the next level. Next level is all creepy and gloomy. Repeat. The last section of the song is the elevator speeding up and crashing through the roof into a dark, post-apocalyptic world.

Odaijini:
An alien damsel trapped on a spaceship.

Poltergeist:

Ballerina on ice (Predictable)

SG - Superficial Gossip:
Some kind of post-modern computer game. Don't ask.

BB Queen:
Hell.

Go go go go go gogogogogogogoringo!

Dude, learn Japanese, Odaijini is beautiful and your idea of it is insulting. Other than that I can't really disagree, the first time I heard Doppleganger I imagined I was in a loooooong dark hall with red carpet and a chair was rolling me back and forth down the hall really violently. I usually don't like sharing these kinds of ideas unless its instrumental music but that image still pops up even though I understand the lyrics now.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 01:08 AM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
Dude, learn Japanese, Odaijini is beautiful and your idea of it is insulting.
Excuse me if the first thing I think of when I hear five four three two one five four three to one is something sci-fi orientated. The damsel doesn't HAVE to be alien, then.
Old 2009.06.10, 02:55 AM   #4
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

That sounded way more hostile than it was, I'm just saying the lyrics are wonderful. They fit my initial image almost perfectly which was basically just a girl on her bed whose had enough and decides to give in to the sadness or whatever instead of fighting it and lets it all out and starts sobbing
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 03:31 AM   #5
Scribble R

That's basically it, even if my version is more juvenile than yours
Old 2009.06.10, 05:05 AM   #6
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

kyougenshou
flowers blomming and plants growing

poltergeist (KSK)
merry go round

poltergeist (HF)
ballerina dancing on a big big and empty place with wood floor

doppelganger
multicolored vortex

shuukyou
those big church organs with ghosts and zoombies singing

souretsu
gypsy women are playing japanese instruments while some indian women are dacing and some arabian women do belly dance and suddenly all this turn out to be a satanistic ritual and in the end everyone becomes zoombie

aozora
it feels like I'm laying down in the end of a summer afternoon looking at the drangonflies and the out of the window

morphine
like aozora... but it's still early morning, and there are birds in place of dragonflies

stoicism
katamari damacy and wario ware mixed in miku miku nurse video

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 05:30 AM   #7
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I kinda like this thread.

Tsumi to Batsu
- Woman singing her heart out alone on a street corner in the rain smoking a Seven Star cigarette. Not too far off from the lyrics actually.
Shuukyou - Person wandering aimlessly through a forest with scattered voices in their head trying to guide them. I also picture a temple for some reason. By the end of the song, they wind up in a desert and are even more lost than they were before.
Doppelganger - Someone boarding a train that leads to the unknown. I also get the mental image of ghostly apparitions and hallucinations haunting them. By the end of the song, the narrator sees a mirror image of themselves. They are cut off prematurely and vanish.
Odaiji ni - A terminally ill person laying in a hospital bed staring out a window at a world they can't experience. The guitar represents their heart monitor and by the end of the song they start coding, implying death.
Kyogenshou - The halls of a high school as everyone is being let out and going home.
Suberidai - A girl sitting on the swings in a playground. She watches the boy she has a crush on walk away from her as the sun sets.
Aozora - I picture a bright summer day. The narrator is on a balcony and is blowing bubbles. They watch them as they float higher and higher into the blue sky.
Poltergeist - I picture a train passing an abandoned carnival in the dead of night. The lights of a ferris wheel turn on and it suddenly starts moving. A female ghost appears. She is taken to her old lover who is still alive and has one last dance with him in a beautiful ballroom. She smiles and fades away.
Old 2009.06.10, 05:48 AM   #8
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Okonomide:

Shun PV ==> Ringo waiting for me in her bed.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 06:10 AM   #9
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Komoriuta :
An apocalyptic disillusioned moment on an abandonned beach. Walking alone thinking about a just passed war... Nostalgia about peacefull times.
I think this gorgeous.

Who said I'm a negative man?
teattum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 06:21 AM   #10
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Tokyo Jihen - Adult

Himitsu - Woman practicing with her band in the studio. Only artificial lights, 5600K . At the end, woman falls asleep in a chair.

Kenka Jouto - We're inside of the woman's dream. She's damn pissed and she's going to eat you alive. There's something wrong with her romantic life, clearly. She wakes up.

Keshou Naoshi - Cut to another day, the woman is walking through the city, sunny sky. She crosses her path with the love of her life, but he doesn't see her, he's with another girl. She enters a coffee shop and looks at the guy through the windows. She laments that they are separated now and remembers the old days. Then she says "Fuck this shit" and goes home.

Superstar - Cut to a live concert of her band. She's deeply affected by what she found about her ex-boyfriend, even tho it's only normal for him to continue with his life. Today she sings even more emotively than usually. Her boyfriend was the superstar of her life () and she's feeling less motivated to continue singing, so she leaves the stage and the band ends the song on their own.

Shuraba - I don't know, some kind of interlude in the movie. I always think of the PV when I listen to this song, even tho I prefer the single version.
She's depressed and questioning everything, including her life and the need of her boyfriend. At the end, reality starts disappearing and we enter inside the woman's mind, again.

Yukiguni - The woman is now inside a dark room, in a castle. She's all alone inside that castle. White light comes from the windows and she raises herself from a bed. She doesn't know what this place his. Every piece of furniture, floor, walls and celing have a dark blue tone. She then finds herself in a mirror, her reflection looking back with evil eyes. Basically, she understand she's very well alone and doesn't need no man. She walks out of the castle, white snow all around. Starts running in direction of a forest, her black dress flowing with the wind. She needs to get out. Slow-motion. Bam.

Kabuki - She's still running, but now she's going through the narrow streets of a red light district, at night. Her clothes have also changed, because now she has returned to reality. She has decided to continue her music career, despite not having the emotional support of a man. She's late to the show, better hurry up!

Blackout - The band is waiting for her in the small venue where the show is taking place. A large crowd is also waiting for her. She has arrived on time to sing Blackout to everyone

Tasogare Naki - The show has ended, the crow left. She's with her band, exhausted, laying wherever they can (moreorless like the PV). Isn't it better this way, with the band? She's happy to have returned, she can be herself, these 4 guys will support her, fuck her ex-boyfriend.

Toumei Ningen - I don't know, this is some kind of happy ending, where the band is playing for a large crowd and everybody is smilling. Kinda silly. The crow claps along with the song. Well, at least they are all together, and that's what matters, I guess...

Tegami - Yeah, everything is alright again, but memories don't just go away that fast. She writes a letter to her ex, but doesn't really give it to him in the end. It's just a way to express all that she feels in a physical thing. She can store it away or burn it, doesn't matter.

The End

Ok, this either sounds like the Purple Rain movie or like a cheap Disney teen movie
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote