Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.03.20, 01:43 PM   #1
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts
Smile Sakuran question :)

I'd like to know if the Ringo songs used in Sakuran the movie, are different versions from Heisei Fuuzoku... (I've not watched the movie yet)
But, I ask that cause I've seen some trailers and the songs there sounds er... different... maybe moar rockish... or not SaikoNeto-ish.. and the Gamble playing on Sakuran official website doesn't really sound like the one in Heisei Fuuzoku .. cause I hear more guitars, no strings, and Ringo voice is diff from HF. And, if Saito Neko arranged the songs.. why isnt he listed on the trailers? Did he really participate on the movie soundtrack? and If it's so, those songs are avaiable on Sakuran DVD?

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.20, 02:03 PM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I can't help but ponder if Saito Neko really had a hand in the movie version of Gamble at all, but there's no question in my mind that he was involved in the rest of what went into the movie. Nothing else seems to really be unique to the movie.

Other song appearances within Sakuran, sound more like the e-Onkyo instrumentals, which are exactly the same as the album tracks, but with the vocals removed (except for the cries that leaked out of Shiina Ringo's sound booth).

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to get the Sakuran version of Gamble, outside of Sakuran. Even if you could isolate the music, the movie audio is in Dolby (unlike your typical concert/pv DVD), which means any MP3 you produce from it, would have to be double generation loss, and convey hardly any of the richness of a direct CD rip.
Old 2008.03.21, 10:57 AM   #3
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to get the Sakuran version of Gamble, outside of Sakuran. Even if you could isolate the music, the movie audio is in Dolby (unlike your typical concert/pv DVD), which means any MP3 you produce from it, would have to be double generation loss, and convey hardly any of the richness of a direct CD rip.

a?

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.21, 11:27 AM   #4
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Heisei Fuuzoku is as close to being the official soundtrack of Sakuran without being called the official soundtrack of Sakuran as is humanly possible.

The biggest differences aren't between Sakuran the music and Sakuran the movie, but between Sakuran the movie and those weird 3D graphic music videos that came with the Heisei Fuuzoku DVD. Of course, the music is much better integrated into Sakuran...at one point (the promenade scene, with "Gamble") sublimely so.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote