Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.06.08, 02:37 PM   #31
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
omg jesse
you're here! O_O
HELLO @___@
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.21, 06:06 AM   #32
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

W00t a bit behind every one else but just brought this about a week ago, and every time I watched this DVD I wish I could go see them live when they tour on Nov...

JCHI is awsome, If DO was the TJ live band persona, JCHI is the fun and cheeky persona. The performances are great, I thought SR singing actually improved from DO, more stable and steady me thinks. Uki's playing should warm a few critics I hope; and Izawa's guitar playing reminded me of Hirama for some reason
Only a few minor issues bug me; 1st half of Tegami was quite dull, but 2nd half heat things up pretty quickly, by the time SR hit the big note before Uki pulling of the guitar solo, I was in heaven. blackout I did not like, again Uki's guitar sounded horrible in the verses whatever's he's doing to it... Kenka metal just don't flow at all, and the whole visual thang with Kao I just don't get; people don't pay money to watch lyrics on projectors...

I sure hope the big visual fest is a one off thing, as much as I love the madness that is service (I was in tears laughing when Uki walk pass the stage with a luggage ), I do worry if TJ focus their live gigs on big stage production, it will subtract something from the music. But since they announce the new tour will be done in small, intimate venues, my worries should be for nothing.

By the way, the part with Hata kicking an animated ball, is that a clip added into the DVD, with fake audiences cheers or if thats actually done live?
Old 2007.07.21, 06:21 AM   #33
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The ball kicking was done live, except I didn't know what exactly was going on then...

Live show was really really good, with just the right amount of visuals and great great lighting effects (esp Gomatsuri Sawagi). Too bad for most of you who can only watch the DVD though.
Old 2007.07.21, 06:48 AM   #34
Kasanagi

^wait... So that means Hata's kicking air and the crowd could not see any of the animation.. yet still laughed? what about the sound effects? Or was there a REAL ball involved? Man I'm confused XD
Old 2007.07.21, 07:13 AM   #35
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Er. The sound effects were added in too I think. *shrugs* I just remember Hata doing godknowswhat on stage, and later he turned out to be kicking an imaginary ball! Maybe they told the audience that at first? *shrugs*
Old 2007.07.24, 06:36 PM   #36
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed, but the guitar solo in JCHI's Tomei Ningen blows the Dynamite Out's Tomei Ningen solo out of the water. It's just a shame they're both sooo short.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.24, 06:47 PM   #37
Kasanagi

I've also noticed the guitar on Superstar in JCHI pwned DO's lol. I dunno how much time hirama hod to work on the song, but a "powerchords, scrratch, scratch powerchord" type riff should never be used in a TJ/SR song. EVER.
Old 2007.07.24, 06:51 PM   #38
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
I've also noticed the guitar on Superstar in JCHI pwned DO's lol. I dunno how much time hirama hod to work on the song, but a "powerchords, scrratch, scratch powerchord" type riff should never be used in a TJ/SR song. EVER.

=( been dying to use this gif too.
Old 2007.07.24, 06:57 PM   #39
Kasanagi

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post

=( been dying to use this gif too.

Hiding behind Stephy to tell me off aye? Consider it stolen for future use. And please. do explain. Stephy's toothbrush can only say so much...
Old 2007.07.24, 07:12 PM   #40
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Steph just jas a habit of saying what I'm thinking, only much more eloquently and i'm not "telling you off" I'm just saying....wrong.=p

And Hirama makes the song. Judging from Superstar from Dynamite, "plucky-plucky" has no place in the song. This songs about EMOTION, raw, powerful emotion. Hirama added some body, some "fuckin Superstar" to Superstar. JCHI's ver sounds more like a snazzed up gospel song for lack of better phrasing. Uki's guitar always fails to deliver emotion (amongst other things.) I've used the analogy before, but in Dynamite it sounds like the guitars wailing. In JCHI, it sounds like someones trying to make their guitar wail. And I don't see what "uki solo" youre talking about. Its nonexistant unless youre talking about him playing the same 4 notes in the middle-break, before failing to copy Hirama's lead back in to the chorus.

In Dynamite they sound like Superstars. In JCHI, they sound like they're just playing a song.

EDIT: and Shiina is playing power chords in Dynamite's rendition
and why is it chic to rag on power chords. They're the only chords with the word "power" in their name and can be necessary. |(

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.07.24 at 07:16 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote