Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.10.17, 05:32 AM   #71
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Does anyone else think that Mittei Monogatari sounds exactly like sports commentary? Just change the lyrics to football (soccer) commentary. The final 009 = "Goal!"

Togatta Teguchi sounds like a deranged cheerleading chant (X DAY) -- OR a workout song

Yokyou is a hockey song, Futabocchi sounds a bit like match of the day, Irokoizata sounds like an organ baseball song

i think shiina was trying to tell us that she won't be writing for this album
Old 2009.10.17, 07:29 AM   #72
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
nooo not march
I can't go in March either. I hope the Osaka shows are in late April or early May.
Old 2009.10.17, 08:59 AM   #73
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

noooo don't try and taint SG with ties to this album! I guess I am the only one who is not super thrilled about this. I just know it's going to be Variety II, and the music is going to suck hardcore. blah!
Old 2009.10.17, 09:05 AM   #74
LoverlyBijouu

LoverlyBijouu pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Migoto View Post
So they're still following the TV program theme. Educational, adult, variety, and now sports. Interesting.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that whole TV concept, haha.

I guess I'm automatically going to be bored of this album since I hate sports. XD

just kidding (maybe.)
Old 2009.10.17, 12:16 PM   #75
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I hope the next album will be "commercials"... Mikan no Kawa, anyone?
Old 2009.10.17, 02:31 PM   #76
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ringo was definitely waaaayyyyyyy too busy with SG to spend time bossing everyone around with new work, so I agree that this will be Variety 2 in the sense of an album full of band-penned tracks, but overall I am hoping this time around it won't be such a freshman effort. Uki and Izawa have proven themselves able to write decent music (Tegami? OSCA?) but they really need a proper editor and the problem with Variety was they probably just threw in whatever they felt like

also, if Sports theme is true then its going be horrible. Bleh.
Old 2009.10.17, 03:09 PM   #77
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It'll be Variety 2 in that it'll build from the foundation set by the previous album, not in the 'drunk Ringo picking a handful of tracks from Ukizawa's collective dustbin' again sense. Judging by every album that Ringo's done, I'm expecting there to be some kind of gimmick/slant setting it apart from Variety.

I'm thinking now that a 'Sports' theme doesn't make sense because Education, Adult and Variety are all concepts that can be directly applied to music. 'Sports' is the odd one out because it doesn't actually mean anything, unless the album has fanfares, cheerleader chants and J-Pop Take Me Out to the Ball Game! which would make Sports (Sports) an actual concept album unlike the last three. Or unless they just want to do Variety 2 but can't use the same name so went with sports because there's loads of those.

If Sports is just a loose theme, you know this means:

- There will literally be Ukizawa songs. Shiizawa, Shiigumo to emphasise 'teamwork'
- Hirama and HZM will be coming back for one song to emphasise the competitive nature of sports. HiraZM vs Ukizawa in Aerosmith vs RunDMC style
- There will be a song called Superstar
Old 2009.10.17, 03:24 PM   #78
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

^ I agree, well, with the exception of Adult, none of the albums have been heavily influenced by the title/theme. Kyouiku had nothing to do with Education in retrospect, it was more a reference to it being the first album. With Adult they specifically went for a more mature and refined approach, something that is reflected in the production of that final album. With Variety, I really feel that was the only thing they could go with because there was no unified thread to hold that album together besides a whole bunch of tracks written by Uki and Izawa. Hopefully this time around there will be a more unified theme.

If the theme for this album is sports I can only imagine it influences the artwork, as we've seen, and influences the music so as to make it very upbeat and athletic. then again, if we judged an album's title/theme off the first single we would have assumed differet things

gunjou biyori - education?
shuraba - adult? more like, war/training/bloodshed/winter rofl
OSCA/Killer Tune - retro/vintage cars?
Old 2009.10.17, 04:02 PM   #79
Scribble R

Many of the Kyouiku images, including the single covers, could have belonged to the Adult era.

AFAIK, the first Variety-era image was the colourful one with the guys in funky clothes/drag, which made sense. If you look at it, this image is quite similar, except the clothes aren't silly. So I'm guessing that this will be Variety but more intense and less 'fun/wacky'

Okay, maybe it's stupid to speculate like this but I can't wait to see how wrong I am...
Old 2009.10.17, 05:22 PM   #80
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

that pic looks "fun/wacky" to me...