Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.24, 09:16 PM   #1
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody
Default Boarders who don't like "Killer Tune" should be confined to a board jail...

I want to hear valid criticisms of the song. The only one I can understand is Uki's misplaced mini-solo.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 09:55 PM   #2
Akagaminosteven

Akagaminosteven is headed in the right direction

Shiina singing like a male cat with its testicles in a bear-trap.

Or a female cat with a bear-trap in its vagina.

Take your pick, either way it's not a song that plays to her vocals. It's a wannabe broadway musical number that refuses to differentiate between regular verses and chorus, with not enough instrumental flare to cover it up.
Akagaminosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 10:21 PM   #3
freshevryday

freshevryday pleased at least somebody

^ wow can you even call yourself a fan of Shiina Ringo? I sick of people hat'in on Variety. I mean she the incidents got great reviews in magazines, and i don't see what was wrong with the vocals in killer tune. i dont understand why you have insult Shiina in such a vulgar way.

Blog: Just Can't Help it!
freshevryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 10:35 PM   #4
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

Like I've said before, I love it when Shiina's vocals get real ugly. Do most people only like it when they get a little ugly?
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 10:39 PM   #5
freshevryday

freshevryday pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by madpawn View Post
Like I've said before, I love it when Shiina's vocals get real ugly. Do most people only like it when they get a little ugly?
i agree with you. her yelling and stuff is showing her emotion. i wish she would start rolling her tongue again like she used to.

Blog: Just Can't Help it!
freshevryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 11:16 PM   #6
Akagaminosteven

Akagaminosteven is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by freshevryday View Post
^ wow can you even call yourself a fan of Shiina Ringo? I sick of people hat'in on Variety. I mean she the incidents got great reviews in magazines, and i don't see what was wrong with the vocals in killer tune. i dont understand why you have insult Shiina in such a vulgar way.

Yeah, I can, and I do. I don't see any major contradiction in supporting an artist and being disappointed with some of their work. If a song really bothers me, I can't just force myself to like it because I want to fit some definition of "fan". It's nice that it's gotten great reviews in magazines, but that doesn't have anything to do with my opinion.

I like when Shiina's vocals have that aggressive kick, too. I just don't think it works at all in Killer Tune, because I just think she's trying to do things with her voice that it doesn't match up well with.
Akagaminosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 12:40 AM   #7
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Honestly, I NEVER noticed her voice to be "off" in Killer Tune. I still like the song. I like Shiinas voice in general, and I like the songwriting, so everything is well for me.
Too bad that everything else in the Variety era doesn't even come close to Killer Tune.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 12:57 AM   #8
baboo

baboo is headed in the right direction

I think the song is very emotional...

I don't understand some few things you guys mentioned
- So Broadway music should only be done by Broadway people? What's effing wrong with Tokyo Jihen playing it that way? If you are music teacher and very displeased with what they did. I tell you to be more considerate to the rest of people who like it. I know it's the matter of personal taste but you make those who like the single appear like idiots.

- What do you mean by "her voice gets ugly" ? If that singing is ugly I think everybody here deserves to have their tongue cut off.

- This thread is really twisted like some people here. I agree that if you idolize someone, you don't necessarily need to lavish your praise on every single work of hers....but to insult her...I think you've taken your uncivilized behaviour to a new level...

- If you claim yourself to be her fans, why you keep effing rant about how much you hate her works?...Give a break please...Imagine how horrible it is that you are saying that stuff to a person you love. Don't think the fact that she'll never read this thread to know all this can give you enough excuse to bathmouth about her.

I wonder where's the admin....I know you guys are open-minded and stuff...but to speak like that, It's really unacceptable
baboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 02:20 AM   #9
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

whoa easy tiger *pats baboo on back*

I think by ugly, madpawn meant "SR-screaming-till-your-ears-bleed-orgasms" ugly, not "britney-spears-give-meh-give-meh" ugly...

I do have some beef with the arrangement of the song though, the Uki-interuption is kinda bad, but the outro of the thing is just a bit of a let down; I would've prefer some SR scatin/screaming, and some big guitar hooks along with the piano rhythm thing. No wonder SR walked off at the end of the PV...
Old 2007.10.25, 04:15 AM   #10
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

oh my.
by "ugly" I meant "showing off her shrill, piercing, unusual voice in the lovely way SR does, giving no regards to her listener's eardrums and leaving us thanking her for it."

"What's effing wrong," "idiots," "deserves to have their tongue cut off," "really twisted like some people here," "uncivilized behaviour," "horrible,"
"to speak like that, It's really unacceptable" ?

simmer down, please. that kind of language loaded into one post is indeed "uncivilized."
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote