Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.02.19, 03:03 PM   #1
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Default Hopes for album 4

So because of my use of my own time machine, of sorts (dvd of all the pre-Jihen vids I compiled) I have a reborn love for Shiina.

...at least for now, until someone spoils it for me.

So what's everyone's hope for album 4?

My hope is that it's not the 4th album for Tokyo Jihen. It was fun while it lasted, but I think its time for them to all go there seperate ways. Except maybe Hata. Hata can be like a post-Beatles Ringo (Starr) and play on all the other Beatle's solo albums. ...If Kameda wants to produce, eh I guess (altho, his half of UM was the weaker, and he wasnt there for KZK mind you....) ...And if Izawa wants to stop in for a bit....ok enough of that.

But this should be the 4th Shiina Ringo album. Now, of course I'd love SS part 2, but as I've been yelled at here before, because shes older now I can't expect her to be any fun anymore (or so was implied.) Ok, so given the last years worth of "music" what my true desire is might be a stretch.

So how bout distancing herself from the band and do an album of acoustic songs. If for no other reason than to prove shes not frightened of em. I think it could be great. 3 instruments per song max. Considering we didn't get a full Shiina album last year, what better way to showcase her song writing than to have it unplugged?

What do you guys want?

(please don't let this turn into "buh buh buh HF is the 4th album!" -- at least for the sake of the thread, pretend it doesnt count....Even if it really doesn't since its not an album of original material)

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.02.19 at 03:45 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 03:11 PM   #2
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
My hope is that it's not the 4th album for Tokyo Jihen. It was fun while it lasted, but I think its time for them to all go there seperate ways. Except maybe Hata. Hata can be like a post-Beatles Ringo (Starr) and play on all the other Beatle's solo albums. ...If Kameda wants to produce, eh I guess (altho, his half of UM was the weaker, and he wasnt there for KZK mind you....) ...And if Izawa wants to stop in for a bit....ok enough of that.
So basically get rid of Uki

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
So how bout distancing herself from the band and do an album of acoustic songs.
That would be nice
Old 2008.02.19, 03:14 PM   #3
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

I want her to stop using wigs....it annoys the crap out of me....I want to know the real length of her hair (and I hope it's not that bob cut).......
Musically, I'd like it if she went a more indie path....not so pop....(maybe a little more SS but with a more grown up sound that's not so drastically different like KZK)....
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 03:20 PM   #4
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well, at that rate I'd wanna get rid of the stupid costume changes,, but that doesnt mean much on a music album =p

really tho, pick an oufit and stick with it. At least til the encore.

As for everyone but Uki, well I wouldn't mind everyone but Uki...but really the only one of em I'd be a lil bummed about leaving would be Hata. The rest I wouldn't mind so much.
Old 2008.02.19, 03:22 PM   #5
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

As someone who enjoys listening to all of the band members improve and try new things, I hope for another Tokyo Jihen album. If Shiina Ringo went solo again, I would probably become bored with following just one personality.

I'm kind of in a ballad mood right now, so I want to hear them do more ballady songs, with violins. Actually, it'd be awesome (interesting) if Tokyo Jihen took on Saito Neko as a sixth member, though I prefer a Tegami sort of violin over what he does. I want Tokyo Jihen to experiment a little bit more, which they kinda started in Variety.

Radiohead has no problem telling their members that they don't want them for certain songs, and I like that. No drums in this song! K? No vocals!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 03:24 PM   #6
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Actually, it'd be awesome (interesting) if Tokyo Jihen took on Saito Neko as a sixth member
HAHAHAH OH GAHD Fluffie. Stab me next time why dont ya!?
that would be my personal nightmare
Old 2008.02.19, 03:37 PM   #7
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Radiohead has no problem telling their members that they don't want them for certain songs, and I like that. No drums in this song! K? No vocals!
Well, Thom Yorke has no problem I'm sure the other members had to get used to being told to get lost, or to learn "how to be a participant in a song without playing a note" as Ed put it, Which I'd imagine = Thom Yorke saying "Yeah... um, we're just going to use a drum machine in this song, but er... you can press this button which turns the snare on!".
Old 2008.02.19, 03:40 PM   #8
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I dont want Tokyo Jihen to break up... but I want at least this year of her 10th anniversary of debut she release a 4th ORIGINAL album.. I don't get HF as original.. it was just an OST which ruined my dear Gamble >_>

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 03:46 PM   #9
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Lots of good ideas in this thread! I'd love to hear an acoustic set of self-covers or Shouso Strip II. Who says old ladies can't rock out? Debbie Harry and Stevie Nicks never slowed down, and Ringo can be like the harder, Japanese version of them. If she insists on continuing this Tokyo Jihen nonsense, kicking everyone who isn't named Hata or Kameda to the curb would help wonders.

I'm surprised you prefer Mori-pact to Kame-pact, Jihen, given Yer Blues and all of that beautiful guitar overdose.

Heisei Fuuzoku shouldn't count as Ringo's fourth album because a. she didn't consider it her fourth album proper and b. there were only six new songs on it, one being a cover that Ethel at Bubbling Brook: Community for the Advanced in Years delivered much better at last year's talent show and complimentary early bird buffet.
Old 2008.02.19, 03:48 PM   #10
Tokyo Jihad

Isnt Yer Blues on Mori?