Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.04.17, 12:19 AM   #881
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I love that song a lot. Although she sounds like she sings "You never had me from behind" (You never heard me from behind)
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.17, 12:40 AM   #882
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Also...

"I will ring on your bell, knock on your door, suck on your weiner too." =D
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.17, 08:44 AM   #883
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
But anyway, does everyone hate Fukushuu too?
It's not a personal favorite, but I don't hate it. My favorite tracks on the album are Killer Tune and Metro. The songs I strongly dislike/hate are Ramp, Mirrorball, Kuronekodow, Botomin, and SSAW.
Old 2011.04.17, 03:29 PM   #884
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Are you seriously trying to tell me that OSCA is equivalent to any song released by those "musicians"? I think Uki deserves more credit than that.
Maou and I have had a similar discussion with Nimh about this topic, when I complained about TJ sounding "generic" and Nimh said sth like how can you compare TJ to the reallly generic girly pop bands.

But really. Who are we kidding here. The only reason we would even make comparisons of TJ vs girly pop bands like this just shows how far the SR/TJ sound has been diluted by, well, I'm not sure what factors are at work here. Record company, production company... or even, just plain the band members don't get along? I read in some interview that Variety... or maybe the next album was a painful album to produce because the band members were arguing all the time. What kind of band is this?!!??!?! The music stopped being fun because the members stopped having fun.

Either way. The "haters" and the neo-jihen fans. We're never ever going to see eye to eye.

And, to deadgrandma. I WISHEd that Variety were half as good as Kid A. Come on. Really think about it. Everything in the right place. That tune marks a paradigm shift in the way Radiohead composes music. It's a whole new soundscape but still with all the Radiohead signatures that made their music special in the first place.

What did Variety achieve? Same approach to composing music. Threw away all the funky groovy signatures that made the TJ sound fun and special. And also, you gotta agree with me that Hirama is a LOT more attractive than Ukigumo. He also has a voice that is miles better than Ukizawa.

I have given up understanding why SR wants to continue putting out releases with this band. All I can do is hope. But maybe I've already given up on that too.
Old 2011.04.17, 07:05 PM   #885
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Maou and I have had a similar discussion with Nimh about this topic, when I complained about TJ sounding "generic" and Nimh said sth like how can you compare TJ to the reallly generic girly pop bands.

But really. Who are we kidding here. The only reason we would even make comparisons of TJ vs girly pop bands like this just shows how far the SR/TJ sound has been diluted by, well, I'm not sure what factors are at work here. Record company, production company... or even, just plain the band members don't get along? I read in some interview that Variety... or maybe the next album was a painful album to produce because the band members were arguing all the time. What kind of band is this?!!??!?! The music stopped being fun because the members stopped having fun.

Either way. The "haters" and the neo-jihen fans. We're never ever going to see eye to eye.

And, to deadgrandma. I WISHEd that Variety were half as good as Kid A. Come on. Really think about it. Everything in the right place. That tune marks a paradigm shift in the way Radiohead composes music. It's a whole new soundscape but still with all the Radiohead signatures that made their music special in the first place.

What did Variety achieve? Same approach to composing music. Threw away all the funky groovy signatures that made the TJ sound fun and special. And also, you gotta agree with me that Hirama is a LOT more attractive than Ukigumo. He also has a voice that is miles better than Ukizawa.

I have given up understanding why SR wants to continue putting out releases with this band. All I can do is hope. But maybe I've already given up on that too.
Well, I wasn't trying to say it was as good as Kid A, I meant at the time it was released there were a lot of haters. Maybe I should have chosen TKOL instead. Or Metallica's Load/Reload albums. I think all of these are good albums even though they are not as strong as the previous albums.

Besides, maybe working with TJ is kind of a good thing, you know much better (includind SG- yes I said it, punch me in the balls if you want)... her solo releases are. It's like this is her biding her time band. They're by no mean a bad band, they're still one of the best current 'bands' in Japan (most of the music I listen to from there is solo artists anyway). Although if Yapoos were still around, they would be the best band unit around. Ringo so needs to take tips from Togawa and make her band her bitches.
Old 2011.04.17, 09:33 PM   #886
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Besides, maybe working with TJ is kind of a good thing, you know much better (includind SG- yes I said it, punch me in the balls if you want)... her solo releases are.
I know it's part of your gimmick here being a bitter, nu-Shiina fan, but SG is pretty well liked here. There's no need to act like every single post-Adult song is hated. The only solo album seen negatively is HF which is mostly because it's a boring rehash.
Old 2011.04.18, 01:52 AM   #887
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I know it's part of your gimmick here being a bitter, nu-Shiina fan.
You know it Does it make you feel good?
Old 2011.04.18, 03:25 AM   #888
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I know it's part of your gimmick here being a bitter, nu-Shiina fan
I laughed.

The more negative SG reviews can be found outside this forum. SG disappointment on EMF most likely revolves around it not being the ambitious 'comeback' people were expecting and hoping.

Btw, it's not really Variety and Sports that worries me, it's Tengoku e Youkoso and Dopamint.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.18, 03:52 AM   #889
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Btw, it's not really Variety and Sports that worries me, it's Tengoku e Youkoso and Dopamint.
Are these released any higher than 320kbps?
Old 2011.04.18, 04:08 AM   #890
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
Tengoku e Youkoso made its way into a soundtrack which has actually been released on CD, but I would imagine that all of the currently-circulating audio uploads of Tengoku e Youkoso and Dopamint have been user-generated from already-compressed videos.