Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.08.26, 12:55 AM   #1
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction
Default English Premier League 2008-2009

I don't know how many of you guys keep up with the EPL, saw a lot of Brits on the forums, thought it was worth a shot to make a thread.

I'm actually a huge Arsenal fan. I have been following the Gunners since the days of Bergkamp and am still pretty die-hard.

Needless to say, it was a bad sports weekend...
Old 2008.08.26, 12:59 AM   #2
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Gooners Gooners!!!!!! I'm Man Utd loyal (4 life) pity all we could scrape was a draw with the Toon Army!! (who are you x2)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.26, 02:08 AM   #3
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I very loosely follow it. I support Newcastle United, for obvious reasons, but I don't watch every match nor keep up with recent goings on in regards to other teams or transfers; but I do keep up with Newcastles team and scores. I love going to live matches though.
Old 2008.08.26, 02:10 AM   #4
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I could not tell you a thing about the transfer market or even the tactics and all that but I do enjoy watching the matches every weekend!!
Old 2008.08.26, 09:14 AM   #5
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Gooners Gooners!!!!!! I'm Man Utd loyal (4 life) pity all we could scrape was a draw with the Toon Army!! (who are you x2)
Man U is my favorite Premier League team. I don't get to keep with the Premier League or La Liga anymore though. Coverage in the US is terrible and has just gotten worse with the loss of a couple of channels.
Old 2008.08.26, 09:19 AM   #6
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

you can always keep up on the net ? BBC and Sky News website has a pretty comprehensive coverage of the U.K leagues!
Old 2008.08.26, 09:54 AM   #7
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I know. I'm just too lazy to keep up with so many sports/leagues. I haven't even been keeping up with my local sports teams.

I'm also an AC Milan fan so... thanks, kamikaze?
Old 2008.08.26, 02:21 PM   #8
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Haha, Maou, no problem man. I actually think that Flamini is a little bit overrated. He was great last year indeed, but really that was his only well rounded year to date. But he is still somewhat young, and I wouldn't be surprised if he only got better. Either way, I'm not bitter at all, that's just football, right?

Being a Gooner for so many years, naturally I would hate any of the other big four teams, but there is a special hatred in my heart for Man U haha. Especially since the rise of Ronaldo. Can't stand the guy at all. There are people on Man U, that I respect even though I hate the team itself so it has nothing to do with that (I like Rooney and Park Ji Sung). The guy has major talent too, but he's the biggest ass in my opinion.

As far as the other leagues, can't say I'm too big on Li Liga or any other big leagues. I kinda root for Madrid but only because I don't like Barca, so not really. I only really know the big talent in those leagues like Messi or Kaka. The EPL is a different story though, I keep up with the league and pretty much watch all of Arsenal's matches and many of the other big matches between the other big teams.
Old 2008.09.01, 08:20 AM   #9
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I'm also an AC Milan fan
Here's a psychedelic video of one of AC Milan's greatest strikers ever
Marco Van Basten

I hardly follow the Premier League myself, but I like Arsenal's play a lot
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.12, 07:03 AM   #10
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Being the only football thread we have I'll ask here..

Does anybody know of an online store that sells Asian football shirts ? mainly Korean & Japanese that can deliver to the U.K.! my brother is annoying me to find out cause he wants a Samsung Blue Wings shirt and nobody here sells them! any help would be awesome.