Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.03.25, 05:49 AM   #731
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

What about the other ones? Do you think they would be worth it? The MM Guitar book is cheap enough, and I think the Variety and Sanmon Gossip books would be really interesting.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.16, 10:25 AM   #732
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

I am now the proud owner of the Rockin on Japan magazine with Shiina in her nurse get up on the cover.

And the official Tokyo Jihen Spa and Treatment t-shirt. :3
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.19, 07:29 AM   #733
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I never wear my Adult tshirt (I don't like how it fits) so I think I am going to turn it into a pillow... thoughts?? Blasphemy? Other ill-fitting tour shirts for other bands have gotten drafted into workout shirts, so at least this isn't getting the same treatment...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.19, 07:49 AM   #734
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Seriously, you really wanna chop it up?
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.19, 09:15 AM   #735
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I would prefer it be useful SOMEHOW, I don't like the idea of it just sitting there taking up space (I guess I'm not a real collector) and I don't think anyone wants to buy a shirt I have worn and washed a few times...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.21, 10:13 AM   #736
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
What about the other ones? Do you think they would be worth it? The MM Guitar book is cheap enough, and I think the Variety and Sanmon Gossip books would be really interesting.
I'm sorry I failed to reply to this sooner. All the books are worth it if you want to learn the songs. They may not be perfect, but they're still really good. Especially if you can read the liner notes. Occasionally you'll run into something disappointing like the Kyogenshou solo (it simply says "With Feeling~~~~~"), but it's not a deal breaker.
Old 2011.04.21, 06:12 PM   #737
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I'm sorry I failed to reply to this sooner. All the books are worth it if you want to learn the songs. They may not be perfect, but they're still really good. Especially if you can read the liner notes. Occasionally you'll run into something disappointing like the Kyogenshou solo (it simply says "With Feeling~~~~~"), but it's not a deal breaker.
Dunno if someones asked this, but how about the Shun solo? Is that intact in the scorebook? Gotta get my wife to play it
Old 2011.04.23, 08:10 AM   #738
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Sorry, I don't have the SG book so I can't check.
Old 2011.05.01, 08:46 AM   #739
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I never wear my Adult tshirt (I don't like how it fits) so I think I am going to turn it into a pillow... thoughts?? Blasphemy? Other ill-fitting tour shirts for other bands have gotten drafted into workout shirts, so at least this isn't getting the same treatment...
freckle. i hate the way the adult tshirt fits as well.
i wear it when i'm doing chores around the house. lol.
Old 2011.05.03, 05:49 PM   #740
deadgrandma

Listening to the Muzai/SS/KZK/HF vinyls again, I have an inkling the audio is no different to the MoRA DVDs (like a direct copy from the DVD onto vinyl- like those icky CD to Vinyl pressings that occasionally rear their ugly head). Probably just my old equipment.

Maybe someone with a really good setup could clarify this or are my ears just retarded?

EDIT: Whereas the SNG, Adult Soundtrack and Variety Analog all sound really damn good/better than CD counterparts, they sound like they have their own seperate mastering. Then again, there are no 96khz/44 bits to compare with amiright?

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.05.03 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Extension