Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.05.27, 02:49 AM   #11
sardonicsmile

sardonicsmile pleased at least somebody

i think "hakka" is the right romanization - it's the one for their website as well...

i found the closed auctions when i was googling for their albums (you never know, maybe the odd webshop still has their stuff). and i do hate that auto extension thing in yahoo auctions, as i have sometimes ended up doing last bid duels with another person who really wants something.

ah yes, i did see that auction, and as i don't have any of their cds yet, possibly worth buying. i have noticed that 'ai' doesn't come up very often either. maybe i'll get lucky and find a hakka cd separately like you did later.

interestingly you make the distinction between promo and regular cds - is this why the 'saihate' album is currently starting at 1000yen as it is a promo?

looking around satsuki's site, i can't say i really like her folk stuff as much as her old bands. ah well.

thanks for answering my questions - you sure know your stuff!
sardonicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.27, 07:02 AM   #12
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The only promo/sample CD I've seen before of Heart Bazaar's, is this Digitalis auction that keeps getting relisted. The Saihate album is a sample copy. 2000yen is the common starting price of the full retail release. I never see the album close for more than 3000yen. In some seasons you can put in a cheap starting bid, and nobody else will approach the auction!

Saihate is always an undervalued album. You could easily pay at least as much total, for any two pre-album singles ('Ai' is post-album). 2500yen for the combination of songs you get, isn't bad either. It's a considerably longer album than Baobob, and more of my favorite tracks can be found in Saihate. It's like they didn't really sell their indie spirit to the devil when they joined EMI.