Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.09, 08:35 PM   #11
sardonicsmile

sardonicsmile pleased at least somebody

i am kinda obsessed with this period of ringo (along with kzk). it's basically loud loud and loud from start to finish, and the enunciation of r's is at its strongest. she's a desperate young transplant to tokyo, and the lyrics reflect this. this is easily my second favourite album.
sardonicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.16, 08:57 PM   #12
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
Wow. I finally listened to this album and I'd say KSK has some tough competition now. It's so energetic and simple, with some really nice lyrics.

Onaji Yoru, Koufukuron and Kabukicho no Joou are my favorites.
I think all of her albums really compete with each other. There are so many positives in each of them that it is really up to the individuals taste to pick their favorite, but its hard not to find someone who will argue for each album. I love Ringo
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 01:27 AM   #13
CARMEN

CARMEN pleased at least somebody

I've just recently gotten into 'Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo'. Am I the only one who likes this song? I can't get it out of my head!!! (I've also recorded it twice myself XD!) It's definitely not the only song I like from this album though, I think I love everything except 'Sit to Hakuchuumu', 'Onaji no Yuru' and 'Keikoku', and they're just the ones that I don't usually listen to that's all...
CARMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 01:56 AM   #14
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Muzai Moratorium was the last Shiina Ringo album I bought among The Big Three. I went for nearly a year of just Shouso Strip, KSK, and Kyoiku, on CD. I even downloaded a Dynamite Out MP3 rip that was floating around, and fell in love with most of that concert before I'd even seen it.

When I found out that Muzai Moratorium had Marunouchi Sadistic (which I was only familiar with from Dynamite Out), I had to get this album. And I ended up being quite pleased with the first three tracks. The album version of Koufukuron has taken year(s) since then for me to warm up to.

Currently I love nearly everything on the album except Sid to Hakuchuumu, which I'd heard the Mayonaka wa Junketsu B-Side version of first, so I think the album track lost its chance to grow on me. Koko de Kiss Shite is one of the most overplayable songs Shiina Ringo ever made, but sometimes hearing other versions of it, restores my love for the single/album track.

I don't think any tracks on this album are really underrated. I see a lot of people standing up (at different seasons) for Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo... or Keikoku, asking why hardly anyone else likes the track, but I think the truth is, each of these 'underrated' tracks are loved a lot more by the overall memberbase than most individual members are aware.
Old 2007.10.07, 07:06 AM   #15
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

I wish I'd heard this album first. It sounds so young and I already know the progression into SS and KZK.....not to say it's a bad album, it's very good, but I've already heard sid to hakuchuumu, kabuki-chou, marunouchi, koko de, and koufoukuron. Sid is better in this album, kabuki-chou and koko de are the same, new ver. of koufoukuron doesn't do anything for me (I need to get into the right mood to hear it),and marunouchi sounds superiorly better live. That's almost half the album that doesn't sound new to me.
It's safe to say the album was spoiled to me. I'm sure I would've like the album much more had it not. And the thing is it's a great start for a new artist like shiina was at the time. It's such a good album that despite the age (so it's 8 yrs. old...half the 8yr. olds I know don't age as gracefully as this album has + it's obviously been made in the 90's) and shiina knew what she wanted to make and made it. *unlike Variety* But again....it's nothing new....so I can't give it the praise it deserves.....

Favorite songs: sid, onaji, akane , tadashi, tsumiki, 'n keikoku
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 10:27 AM   #16
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by CARMEN View Post
I've just recently gotten into 'Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo'. Am I the only one who likes this song? I can't get it out of my head!!! (I've also recorded it twice myself XD!)
Let's hear you sing that Carmen!

I like Akane but it sorta breaks the momentum after the first 4 brilliant tracks.
Old 2007.10.07, 03:14 PM   #17
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Translation:
"In having been able to meet so many of you all, above all the people who used even a little bit of fuel for a missing person such as myself, thank you very much. Though I want to express my gratitude by naming everyone off one by one, as that would never end, and be awkward, maybe next time--who knows what shape this will be done in again. And, from tomorrow onwards as well, please be well."
Oh, when I saw that, I was all like,

"OKAY I'LL BE WELL FOR YOU RINGO" and sounded creepy.
Old 2007.10.08, 10:38 AM   #18
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by CARMEN View Post
I've just recently gotten into 'Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo'. Am I the only one who likes this song?
It's one of my favorites. I can even forgive the poor English in the song since the rest of the song is so great. My overall favorite from the album is definitely Morphine though.
Old 2007.10.09, 01:27 AM   #19
CARMEN

CARMEN pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Let's hear you sing that Carmen!

I like Akane but it sorta breaks the momentum after the first 4 brilliant tracks.
I could sing it for anyone who does an instrumental of it LOL
CARMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.09, 09:34 AM   #20
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

haha golem make something for CARMEN!