Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.11.30, 01:20 AM   #711
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Yo Glath!

I can't see any attachments in this thread could you fix that as I need to grab a few of my older pictures for something.

Thanks
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.03, 11:48 PM   #712
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Got the fan club's new year's card thing... in the mail. It looks like one of those traditional "Japanese badminton" rackets...
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.10, 07:56 AM   #713
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I FINALLY own Shiina stuff. I don't know what took me so long considering she's been my favorite musician for over 5 years, but now I am starting my collection. MM, UM, and the petty officer uniform were gifts from my boyfriend. SS and KSK were gifts from my sister. I bought the OSCA single because it was the only Tokyo Jihen music that I found at Kinokuniya.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6520.JPG (2.73 MB, 7 views)
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.10, 08:56 AM   #714
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It looks like you're off to a good start.
Kinokuniya is expensive, though. I would only recommend them for any first-pressings (or limited editions) you were late in trying to buy online. The Kinokuniya in Seattle still has first-press copies of pretty much everything from the Variety era, but I haven't seen any rarities from before that (unless the Heisei Fuuzoku limited edition CD actually counts as 'rare').
Old 2011.01.29, 06:30 AM   #715
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
I FINALLY own Shiina stuff. I don't know what took me so long considering she's been my favorite musician for over 5 years, but now I am starting my collection. MM, UM, and the petty officer uniform were gifts from my boyfriend. SS and KSK were gifts from my sister. I bought the OSCA single because it was the only Tokyo Jihen music that I found at Kinokuniya.
Ha, I remember some time ago I was going to buy that top too from an auction, but every time I went for it I would stop as I couldn't think of any way to explain to people why I would have a small girl's top im my wardrobe.
Old 2011.01.29, 07:58 AM   #716
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Ha, I remember some time ago I was going to buy that top too from an auction, but every time I went for it I would stop as I couldn't think of any way to explain to people why I would have a small girl's top im my wardrobe.
Well, technically it belonged to a man at some point....a very small man.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.29, 08:03 AM   #717
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

A man wore that...

Old 2011.02.13, 06:32 AM   #718
CTC Paradox

CTC Paradox pleased at least somebody

I own:

Sheena Ringo CDs
Muzai Moritorium
Shouso Strip
Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana
Heisei Fuuzoku
Sanmon Gossip
Utaite Myouri Sono Ichi
Watashi to Houden
Zecchou Shuu

Sheena Ringo DVDs
Electric Mole
Gekkyoku Ecstasy
Ringo EXPO '08
Dai-ikkai Ringo-han Taikai no Moyou
Seiteki Healing 1
Seiteki Healing 2
Seiteki Healing 3
Seiteki Healing 4

Tokyo Jihen CDs
Kyouiku
Adult
Variety
Sports

Tokyo Jihen DVDs
Dynamite In
Dynamite Out
ADULT Video
Tokyo Incidents Vol. 1
Just Can't Help It
Ultra C

Score Books
Muzai Moratorium
Shouso Strip
Kyouiku
Adult
Variety

Guitars
Duesenberg Starplayer TV (the same model that Sheena uses in the Dynamite Out live concert).

Have to go find Spa and Treatment soon. The local Tower Record didn't have it so might have to go further afield. Also have to find the rest of the score books. However I refuse to buy singles, I'm not sure why it's just kind of a rule of mine these days.
CTC Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.13, 07:19 AM   #719
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by CTC Paradox View Post
I refuse to buy singles, I'm not sure why it's just kind of a rule of mine these days.
It probably doesn't help when a lot of singles consists of 2-3 versions of the same song, plus a B-Side which ends up going into the next album anyway. This depends on the artist, though. I try to reward the artists who make their singles more worthwhile.

You have to understand that Watashi to Houden didn't come out until the 10th anniversary of Shiina Ringo's solo career, so throughout those years the singles were the exclusive source for a lot of her tracks. Even when that compilation finally came out, it didn't include Ringo Catalog or the original version of Gamble.

Then there's Tokyo Jihen. They've got at least 11 B-Sides which still haven't been released in any other way. If they ever release their own 10th anniversary compilation (like Watashi to Houden), that won't be until 2-3 years from now, and it might exclude a couple of tracks.
Old 2011.02.13, 02:44 PM   #720
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by CTC Paradox View Post
However I refuse to buy singles, I'm not sure why it's just kind of a rule of mine these days.
That's what I noticed right away about your list: no singles. I used to think the same way myself, but something about having the singles makes specific songs stand out in importance. Plus good audio quality. But if you can't get them cheaply there's probably no major compelling reason to get them unless you want the few B-sides that still haven't shown up elsewhere.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote