Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.09.16, 03:26 AM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default MoRA Box Set + Analogs

soooooo just got MORE ANNIVERSARY RELEASE NEWS ;;head desk;;

they really want us to be poor....

okay, so on Nov. 25, Ringo's birthday they are releasing two box sets both entitled MoRA, one a cd-box, the other a dvd-box. The cd box is all 3 albums, plus the single version of koufukuron, mayonaka ha junketsu, STEM, and Ringo no Uta. These three albums will be remastered, combined together with new packaging in one box.

the DVD box will include all 3 solo albums plus Watashi to Houden (both discs), presented on high quality DVD, all songs in 96k/2bit remastering with screen savers to play during them (nothing as elaborate as the HF DVD, just a screen saver of some sort).

both boxes come with all the albums in paper jacket packaging, the raw voice of Ringo "box open" (whatever the heck this means...when you open the lid ringo yells at you? I have no idea...it literally means "the raw voice of ringo BOX open note" hmm), a 100 page recompilation special booklet, 3 10th anniversary BOX stickers, 9 10th anniversary Art Cards, and a 10th anniversary foldout poster.

*both releases are a limited first pressing only*

on the same time as the box, apparently as a response to fan's wishes, they will be releasing MM and SS analogs.

pricing is as follows

CD-BOX MoRA-7800yen TOCT-26761~26764

DVD-BOX MoRA 12,000yen TOBF-5601~5604

Analog Muzai Moratorium 3059yen TOJT-24065

Analog Shouso Strip 3980 TOJT-24320

MoRA CD Box- disc 1: MM plus Koufukuron single version (one extra track)
disc 2: SS plus Mayonaka ha Junketsu (one extra track)
disc 3: KZK plus STEM (one extra track)
disc 4: Ringo no Uta (one track only)
all remastered in new packaging cd form.

MoRA DVD Box- disc 1-4-same contents as above, presented in same order, on DVD 96kHz/24bit enhanced audio discs. disc 5+6-Watashi no Houden-two disc set.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2008.09.16 at 11:27 PM.
Old 2008.09.16, 03:29 AM   #2
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will CDJapan have this ? and when can you pre order ? tellmetellmetellme
Old 2008.09.16, 03:35 AM   #3
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

it also mentioned in the e-mail that the onsale date is 11/25 but stores will be adding the box for pre-order starting on different dates so just be patient...they JUST announced this to the fanclub today, which means that it will be be announced to the press and on the regular site in another week or so and sites will get word of it and add it for presale once they get the notice from the record company...

the analog's aren't first press or limited pressing so if people plan on buying both and are strapped for cash they might want to consider going for MoRA first. I wonder where the name came from.....
Old 2008.09.16, 03:37 AM   #4
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm gettin' it all!!!!!!!! I'm already on the phone trying to sell figures and crap to secure the cash!

wow Zazen then this! I could drop dead with pleasure
Old 2008.09.16, 03:41 AM   #5
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I need MoRa money ;_;
Old 2008.09.16, 03:48 AM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Holy SHIT!

They really DO want us to be poor!

I'm looking forward to the vinyls of the first two albums, especially Muzai Moratorium - which I think will benefit the most from being on vinyl. I don't know how I feel about super-boxes full of stuff I already own other versions of... I mean I'll buy it anyway, but I don't expect to be jumping up with joy about it.

What's going to be great is not just the sound of the new vinyls, but probably also... the packaging!

So I suppose the Tomosaka Rie releases will forever remain as elusive gems (to international customers who do not already have those CDs).
Old 2008.09.16, 03:52 AM   #7
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Can I get confirmation on those prices! it all totals 26839yen
I need this to be accurate so I can plan.
Old 2008.09.16, 03:54 AM   #8
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There doesn't seem to buy any point in buying the CD box if you are also buying the DVD box, because the DVD box isn't merely a "collection of DVDs", it's the same collection of CDs as the CD box, but basically with a DVD thrown in. There's no need to buy both boxes.

Also, you must take into account the embedded tax that we the foreigners, won't pay. The fanclub newsletter assumes you are buying from within Japan and therefore paying the embedded tax.
Old 2008.09.16, 03:55 AM   #9
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Hmm... I'm not excited at all about this... This is totally unnecessary; especially after Watashi to Houden/Watashi no Hatsuden.

Thanks for the piece of news, tho, kuro ^^.
Old 2008.09.16, 03:56 AM   #10
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

I have to though Glath!! my mind won't take no for an answer.
I'll just have to find £200.00 to take care of it (but from where)

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.09.16 at 11:34 AM.
Closed Thread