Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.22, 08:05 PM   #121
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

i thought the same for salmon/sanmon...

Tsukiko made me clever ;D

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 10:34 PM   #122
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

woo hoooo I finally have this shit. And I shared it with my friend who originally got me into Ringo (in 2002!), also one of my best irl friends, and we are listening to it together and jamming OUT WE LOVE IT SO FARRRR (on track 2 atm)
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 10:35 PM   #123
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

SUCH. A. FANTASTIC. POP. ALBUM!

Detailed review thing thing coming in a bit, when I've had some time to recollect my thoughts.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 10:40 PM   #124
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The expo version of Marunouchi is a piece of crap - like, wow bad.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 11:21 PM   #125
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
The expo version of Marunouchi is a piece of crap - like, wow bad.
oh you are so wrooooooooooooong!! It was awesome. SLOOOOW JAAAAM

ohhh uta-net has lyrics already. Much work is ahead of me!

kuro_neko, when you listen to it, tell me if you agree that "Roudousha" has a vague Jenny Lewis vibe. I'm diggin' it.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 11:26 PM   #126
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

1. Ryuukou - This one sounded like a TJ song to me with the handclaps and heavy HZM piano. Not the best track, but largely enjoyable. The rap definitely added to the song, rather than take away from it.

2. Roudousha - Madonna circa "Holiday"!

3. Mittei monogatari - Sounds exactly like you'd expect it to. 100% Bond theme-esque.

4. Maru chiten kara - One of my favourite new tracks. I can definitely hear the "Hatsukoi shoujo" references here, but this is like Hatsukoi on steroids. I'm not sure if you will all agree with me but parts of this sounds a lot like music from FF 10.

5. Karisome otome - The Death Jazz version we've all heard already, which I loved.

6. Tsugou no ii karada - Big band, campy tune with all of that bombast we have come to expect from Neko. I think this would sound a lot better live.

7. Shun - The transition between Tsugou to this track was lovely. Like a satiated post-coital sigh after the climax. I really like the understatedness of this one.

8. Futaribocchi jikan - "Ringo no uta" is the better kid's song she's written. This is still majorly adorable, but I can't see myself wanting to listen to this too much.

9. Mayakashi yasaotoko - This definitely sounds like a companion piece to "Karisome". I didn't like this as much as some of the other tracks, but this was still enjoyable.

10. Togatta teguchi - Definitely my favourite brand new track (that is, if you discount "Yokyou"...) from this album. I get major "Shouso STRIP" vibes from this one; the whole thing sounds like what you might basically get if you take that trippy outro from "GIBUSU" and made it into a full song.

11. Irokoizata - Lol she has really gotten rather good at doing the bossa nova-esuqe lounge music thing eh? And I mean that as the sincerest compliment, really.

12. Bonsai hada - Loved this. This was a really paired down track with a very minimalist arrangement, just her voice and that accordion. Her voice sounds great here. I know some people are gonna consider this sacrilege but this was hugely reminiscent of "Toki ga bousou suru" for me.

13. Yokyou - WOW! I really fucking love every single second of this, from the 70s noir vibe to the "yeah yeah"ing to the guitars, the way she sounds. I srsly got chills the first time I heard the opening, and then once more when she starts to sing, and then once more when the chorus hits. WOW! I might go as far as to say that this is one of the tightest pop songs she's written thus far.

14. MaruSadi (EXPO ver) - I don't hate this, but I could have done without this too. It makes for nice, inoffensive background music, I guess.

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2009.06.22 at 11:30 PM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 11:41 PM   #127
bromithia

It is pure sabotage of a beautiful song.

Like, that is actually the 14th track to Variety I think.
Old 2009.06.22, 11:43 PM   #128
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post

ohhh uta-net has lyrics already. Much work is ahead of me!

kuro_neko, when you listen to it, tell me if you agree that "Roudousha" has a vague Jenny Lewis vibe. I'm diggin' it.

i'm glad your enjoying it, our tastes seem very similar. I'll totally get back at you whenever my copy arrives, hopefully it will ship from cdjapan soon. so much for arriving early....
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 11:47 PM   #129
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I'm having the same problem with CDJapan as you are, kuro. Those bastards.....
Old 2009.06.22, 11:59 PM   #130
bromithia

What does Shiina say at the beginning of Mittei monogatari?

"I'll tell you gals how to __ with the crowd"

Sounds like "food" to me..