Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.23, 03:57 AM   #151
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

im glad everyone has it now
really glad and feel free to talk about it

Irokoizata sounds a lot more brazilian than french as I read on 2ch
but it's not really THE song.. im trying to like it more cause it'll have a pv, well...
tsugou no ii karada pv HAS TO be made of pwn! I'm rly looking forward this =))))) (so does vogue xD)

ShinjiPG: check your gmail

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 03:57 AM   #152
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yay cdjapan sent me a shipping notification, shipped sometime on the 23rd yay.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 04:00 AM   #153
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

You know what, I find it hard to objectively look at this album (As far as you can judge music objectively) because I'm so used to listening the first three. I think I've been 'Ringotutionalised."

So in the meantime, I'm enjoying it a lot. I definitely think that it has an overproduced 'feel' which prevents me from enjoying it in a sentimental way. It's kind of like a cross between HF and Kyouiku.

Togatta is my favourite track, so far. That Irozata blah blah is my least favourite track. I'm not sure if I like Karada anymore. The album is certainly inconsistent in places (Jikan, Otome, Iroblahblah, etc.) but it removes any doubt I had in Shiina. The music isn't 'deep', but judging by certain tracks, it's apparent that if she REALLY wanted to do another KZK, she could.

I'm still soaking in the album, but I enjoy it so far. I see myself listening it to it more than I listened to ADULT.

*Also, it's a pity she's not planning to do this concert live. With the right band, it could easily be DYNAMITE OUTed

*Why does Ukigumo always do well with her solo tracks?

*Despite having several weak tracks, it's kind of made up for with Ariamaru Tomi and Superficial Gossip. Also, after listening to the album, it's totally clear why SG is an 'introduction track.'

* By the way, several songs sound like they could be from Perfume's GAME
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 04:07 AM   #154
isxahopas

isxahopas pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
By the way, several songs sound like they could be from Perfume's GAME
My face flew in about 18 different directions just then.
isxahopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 04:48 AM   #155
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Just finished first listen. Like almost everything. Only immediate disappointing thing is that it is a bit more "organic" than I was hoping for; would have been happier if she had made a more difficult, dissonant electronic album that a lot of people would not have liked at all, lol. Bonsai Hada is going to have to get some getting used to. Great vocals, but I don't generally listen to accordion voluntarily. And I pity all who cannot appreciate the new Marunouchi, it is delicious.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 05:05 AM   #156
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Gretsch in a sexual reference makes me really nauseous, just because of the way the name sounds. Oh yeah and kurt cobain too but that's cause of his music being boring and him looking dirty and not that cool

Last edited by lazer85 : 2009.06.23 at 05:17 AM.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 05:19 AM   #157
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

What's with the little rap at the end of "Togatta Teguchi" ? totally not needed, it slightly let's down what is a great track (I chopped the rap and it ends in fade out just before his part). "Ryuukou" on the other hand is pretty good rap and all, that surprised me.

Sounds strange having "Karisome Otome" on it in an unaltered form which just sounds ancient and out of place.

Edit: "Bonsai Hada" is a total winner, don't let the accordion put you off "Yokyou" becomes ten times better after ditching the Expo orchestra and is a pretty decent track, though could have done with being a little faster and more energetic seeing as it's a guitar track. It's not the end of the world though.

Edit: "Marunouchi Sadistic" When I finally found some peace and quiet to play it loud it really grew on me! it's awesome.

The more I hear this record the more I like it \0/ it's a grower.

Retro Edit Sep 2009:
I fucking hate the majority of this record for me it ran out of legs after a fortnight which wasn't even comprised of a lot of listens, and I felt it had nothing to really say long term as an album, pretty disposable to be honest and that's what I thought Ringo was the antithesis of?.

I can (if I really force myself) listen to "Bonsai Hada" every so often (though I don't) it's probably the best of a bad bunch but only shines because of that. Among her older more illustrious works this track would probably be seen as a lesser effort I feel.

I initially intended to go on but I honestly cannot remember the names of the majority of the tracks and lack the effort to go re-listen to identify each one. Bar two mostly palatable but forgettable tracks I cannot say that I have any positive feelings for this record.

And don't get me started on that bloody DVD.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.09.04 at 03:49 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 05:21 AM   #158
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
yay cdjapan sent me a shipping notification, shipped sometime on the 23rd yay.
but that was only a few hours ago =/.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 05:49 AM   #159
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Ok after repeated listens mayakashi is probably the best I've felt about a ringo song since KZK. It's really the only track that I don't want to stop listening to although Ryuukou, togatta and maru-sa are all damn good. The accordian track might grow on me, I like the end half. The rest of the album I'm still not sure of,

/oH and the lyrics are proof she has a time machine like i thought

she is obviously jealous of the person creating the music she preforms, and that person resides in the future, which she has changed by stealing it

Last edited by lazer85 : 2009.06.23 at 06:11 AM.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 05:49 AM   #160
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I only just paid closer attention to the lyrics - "She's a landmine draped in Dior", FTW!
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote