Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.06.10, 01:22 PM   #11
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Best Japanese concert I've been to was Cornelius. All the songs were tightly synchronized with giant video projections behind the band. Puffy put on a good show the three times I've seen them. They play more hard rocking versions of their old hits, and the whole band seems to be having a blast.

The best DVD I own is YMO. Three master musicians.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.10, 11:48 PM   #12
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

@johnny
That passion live... Man it was so fucking good. I remember it was the live that made me obsess over that song (since I'm not a kingdom heart player.... ) , plus her outfit was very very nice, I love the shoes that went with it, but she looked quite hot.... Hikki has her live moments... I'm looking forward to her doing a live celebrate/ gentle beast performance, she had better do it big!

I wish I was able to go to a real live ymo concert... ymo, imo are so great. From what I saw on youtube, they used to have this hot keyboard player that played with them live... Man I enjoyed her, she was so into it! But the sound they created, it was so great. As one youtube comenter said, their music sounds as fresh and cutting edge now, as it did in the 80's. As I listen to their music I can not help but dance, so cathy, and I know if I was tere live, it would be to the 10th power.... truly epic.

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.11, 06:14 AM   #13
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

jiken, I agree. In this case Hikki is 100% sex. I want to do her on top of that piano. Anyway I barely know what Kingdom heart is... I guess it's one of those genious games where you run around doing double jumps and ground pounds.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.11, 08:17 AM   #14
chickshow

chickshow has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Great live Japanese bands I've seen are:

Lolita no.18, awesome show at a little punk night in a bar in an obsure town in the UK, they amazed everyone and the best bit was no one had any idea what to expoect when they walked on stage. Plus they shared their rider beer before the gig.

The 5,6,7,8's, Rocking night out, I felt like I was in the nightclub in Kill Bill.

Melt Banana, guitar noise and screaming vocals. Going to see them again in a couple of weeks. Painful to listen to on CD until you get used to it, but great live act.

One day SR will tour Europe too.....
chickshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.11, 08:20 AM   #15
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
jiken, I agree. In this case Hikki is 100% sex. I want to do her on top of that piano. Anyway I barely know what Kingdom heart is... I guess it's one of those genious games where you run around doing double jumps and ground pounds.
I did not want to speak so frankly about her sex appeal, but you are 100% correct. In my case she can stay at the mic... She has a dress on... and the heels are tilting her hips up... But in that performance she is sexy for sure.

Well I found out most english speaking people found out about hikki because she sang the ending theme from kingdom hearts 1 and 2. Kingdom hearts is a joint project between disney and square soft. Its kinda cool, but I never played it. Mickey and seperoth in the same game, lol. In my case my interest in hikki was always based on her hotness. Saw her pics in her exodus 04 cd and was hooked (plus I liked her music)

Old 2008.06.11, 08:26 AM   #16
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by chickshow View Post
Great live Japanese bands I've seen are:

Lolita no.18, awesome show at a little punk night in a bar in an obsure town in the UK, they amazed everyone and the best bit was no one had any idea what to expoect when they walked on stage. Plus they shared their rider beer before the gig.

The 5,6,7,8's, Rocking night out, I felt like I was in the nightclub in Kill Bill.

Melt Banana, guitar noise and screaming vocals. Going to see them again in a couple of weeks. Painful to listen to on CD until you get used to it, but great live act.

One day SR will tour Europe too.....
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!
I heard of every single one of those bands! They are great live, lolita no 18 is ion the benten label, by chance was tsushimamire tagging along with them? Their lives are insane I've seen the leader sing jump into the crowd lose her mic and just play while some guy held her mic for her... insanity. I'm so jealous I wasn't there.

The 5,6,7,8's performed live? MAJI? I didn't know they did? Was it back when kill bill was released or was it more recent?

I know I saw melt banna somewhere, just can't remember where. But I remember that name....

Old 2008.06.11, 09:13 AM   #17
chickshow

chickshow has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!
I heard of every single one of those bands! They are great live, lolita no 18 is ion the benten label, by chance was tsushimamire tagging along with them? Their lives are insane I've seen the leader sing jump into the crowd lose her mic and just play while some guy held her mic for her... insanity. I'm so jealous I wasn't there.

The 5,6,7,8's performed live? MAJI? I didn't know they did? Was it back when kill bill was released or was it more recent?

I know I saw melt banna somewhere, just can't remember where. But I remember that name....
The 5,6,7,8's played the Uk about 3 years ago, not long after Kill Bill. I had a T shirt on with Baka Gaijan "stupid foriegn devil" in kanji and the bass player was freaked out by it when I was buying some of their merchandise "do you know what that means?", "did somebody buy it for you?" She was too polite to tell me what it said though, just "very bad words".

Masaya from lolita#18 actually managed to break her mic when I saw them when she dived off the drum kit into the crowd with no warning.

Forgot to mention another: Guitar Wolf. the man himself crowed surfed across to the bar and played his guitar on the bar top whilst drinking spirits from the bottles racked behind. He also dragged a guy out of the audience, hung the guitar on him and made him play a whole song with the band.
chickshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.12, 03:50 PM   #18
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by chickshow View Post
The 5,6,7,8's played the Uk about 3 years ago, not long after Kill Bill. I had a T shirt on with Baka Gaijan "stupid foriegn devil" in kanji and the bass player was freaked out by it when I was buying some of their merchandise "do you know what that means?", "did somebody buy it for you?" She was too polite to tell me what it said though, just "very bad words".

Masaya from lolita#18 actually managed to break her mic when I saw them when she dived off the drum kit into the crowd with no warning.

Forgot to mention another: Guitar Wolf. the man himself crowed surfed across to the bar and played his guitar on the bar top whilst drinking spirits from the bottles racked behind. He also dragged a guy out of the audience, hung the guitar on him and made him play a whole song with the band.
Now that is what the fuck I'm talking about. I want to go to those lives. Thats real entertainment! never heard of guitar wolf, but damn, he sounds as good as hiro from polysics, thats pretty damn impressive!

Did the shirt only have ばか(バカ)外人 or ばか(バカ)外人悪魔 on it, or did it have more kanji on it? either way, its a funny shirt. I might make one for my next visit to japan (great conversation starter, lol. What does my shirt say, lol). But I don't see how she was offended by it... either way its insulting you.

Old 2008.06.12, 04:17 PM   #19
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

It might have been this "baka gaijin" shirt, available from J-List.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.13, 10:03 AM   #20
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

lol, that's the first time i've seen the kanji for "baka".
(and it means horse deer, btw.) strange.