Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.04.28, 06:19 PM   #61
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm glad I don't know what happened...

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
In the world of non-pc video games, any of the three can be used interchangeably to mean the same thing (the machine used to play a certain game). Console is generally most used today, platform being a bit rarer I guess.
In PC games tho, platform almost explicitly means what OS, what hard/soft/firmware are supported, etc.
Ohh, I see now!! Thank you for explaining it to me! I think the people I asked didn't know the answer and just never answered me...
Old 2007.04.30, 05:14 PM   #62
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
Played it, didn't like it. More of a Tekken man myself. If you want balance go play VF4, its as good as chess I tell ya.
I'm already a heavy VF player. I play as Aoi mainly because she plays more defensively than other characters. VF4 and 5 are less balanced than DoA4. And you're wrong about VF being chess. If anything, DoA is more like chess because high level play relies much more on head games than VF which relies more reaction.
Old 2007.05.01, 01:31 PM   #63
S_p_h_y

S_p_h_y doesn't have posts anyone cares about yet

Just Final Fantasy VII
S_p_h_y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 03:51 PM   #64
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Play more games then, Sphy =P
Old 2007.05.01, 06:18 PM   #65
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Methinks Bioshock might be a new favorite when it comes out. The water in the game is sexy.
Old 2007.05.05, 10:51 PM   #66
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I started to play Project Zero (Fatal Frame int the US) at 4am and it scared the shit out of me.
Then I went to bed for my usual 20 minutes and suffered from the worst nightmare I ever had.
I was awake and couldn't sleep, but then at some point I thought:"Oh, no, I just fell asleep... and I almost know what's coming"
Yeah right, I was that scary mansion and some guy(not a ghost) took notice of me in an instant and began to beat me up. I knew this was a dream, but the pain in my stomache felt so real and I couldn't do anything about it. Then the guy yelled at my that it was my fault if the ghosts would find us. So they did find us, I was scared to death and woke up. Only to notice that a huge white kimono hung in my room and as soon as I focused it something scary was approaching me. Then I woke up. I thought so. Instead of that the last scene repeated itself a few times with some breaks in which I was really awake I think but turned to half-sleep so fast that I couldn't take my eyes of that damn kimono. In this breaks I was thinking about this weird dream and that I was so happy that it stopped.

This was terrible.
(But I think I will play the game again)

I think this nightmare was caused by my exaggerated sugar consumption between 11pm and 1am.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.06, 03:03 PM   #67
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Fatal Frame is creepy as hell. I played the Xbox Fatal Frame 2 where you can make it all POV. Absolutely frightening.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.06, 10:11 PM   #68
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

1) Disgaea: Hour of Darkness --> greatest game of all time... and to think I only wanted it because the art style looked cool ( I like cartoony videogames ) --> PS2
2) Final Fantasy IX, VII, and VI (I can't decide for sure, but the order I put them in is basically the closest I can come up with)
3) Counter-Strike: Source (pc) --> so very addicting. I think this is the game I've spent the most time playing.
4) We <3 Katamari / Katamari Damacy (<3 is slightly better than Damacy) (PS2)
5) Warlords (for the original Atari system. This game was extremely amazing, and that's mostly due to the many glitches it had. FUN times..)
6) Battletoads and Double Dragon (for SNES --> lots of glitches in this game too.. they made it so hilarious. I can only play it when using a Game Genie for infinity lives though, and it has to be on 2-player with the ability to kill each other)
7) Starcraft / Broodwar (pc)
8) Disgaea 2 (The story was pretty bad in comparison to the first, but the gameplay was definitely swell) (PS2)
9) Secret of Mana (SNES)
10) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Gameboy) --> In my opinion, no Zelda game could ever live up to this one.
11) Escape Velocity / EV Override (originally for Macintosh)
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 01:20 AM   #69
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
1) Disgaea: Hour of Darkness --> greatest game of all time... and to think I only wanted it because the art style looked cool ( I like cartoony videogames ) --> PS2
I don't know if I should play this. I have never played a strategy RPg before...

And Secret of Mana is also one of my favs. I'm listening to the soundtrack right now. Damn, I have to convince one of my friends to play this with me again.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 08:21 AM   #70
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

You definitely need to play Disgaea, golem. Well, you don't need to, but it is truly amazing and I think anyone would enjoy it if they've ever enjoyed any aspect of being alive. I actually never really liked strategy RPGs until Nippon Ichi started releasing a bunch of them in America. Disgaea 2's battle system was a bit smoother than Disgaea's, but this game has a better cast of characters and a funnier story.

Pleigh!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote