Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.09.17, 08:04 PM   #31
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Migoto View Post
3. Are there any genres of Japanese music or artists you particularly like?
I like artists of pretty different styles, actually. Aina Ougi, Galneryus, Guruguru Eigakan, Hikawa Kiyoshi, Hirama Mikio, Kana, Kazufumi Miyazawa, Klaha, Kokushoku Sumire, Közi, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Linda & The Big King Jive Daddies, Moi dix Mois, Schwarz Stein, S.O.A.P., Yuu... (yes, I wrote it while looking in my music folder, that's why it's in alphabetical order!)
Klaha, Kozi, Moi dix mois, but no Malice Mizer or Gackt?! What's up with that?!?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 08:07 PM   #32
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Klaha, Kozi, Moi dix mois, but no Malice Mizer?! What's up with that?!?
Well, I do listen to Malice Mizer, but only the Klaha-era stuff, so I probably can't say I'm a REAL Malice Mizer fan.
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 08:14 PM   #33
HEDOfloe

I've never met anyone who does such a thing @_@. Plus, if you listen to that, how can you possibly like his solo work it? It is the complete opposite.
Old 2007.09.17, 08:24 PM   #34
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I've never met anyone who does such a thing @_@. Plus, if you listen to that, how can you possibly like his solo work it? It is the complete opposite.
I got tired of Gackt's voice, and I don't really like his personality, so... And Tetsu-era stuff is not bad, but... I don't listen to it.
And I love Klaha's singing voice, that's why I listen to both his MM and solo works. (and, occasionally, Pride of Mind too)
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 09:12 PM   #35
HEDOfloe

Oh, I can't stand Testu's singing. I think he just was not very talented so it is no wonder Mana gave him the boot and showed him the door. It's always mind-bottling to hear that someone can get tired of Gackt's voice, though.
Old 2007.09.17, 09:52 PM   #36
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Malice Mizer fans scare me. I like a lot of their music, but all those VK stuff... *shudder*
Old 2007.09.17, 10:21 PM   #37
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think my first taste was the theme song from Evangelion Neon Genesis. Yea, thats about the first time I listened to a song that I have no idea what its about. I think Scatman and boy bands was also making a stir around that time as well, so I must've thought it was ok to listen to songs that made no sense to me.
Old 2007.09.17, 11:53 PM   #38
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

1. What was the first Japanese song you heard?

Probably some anime songs, but the first real song I paid attention to was Malice Mizer - Baroque.

2. Which artists got you interested in finding out more about Japanese music?

Malice Mizer, Gackt, Miyavi, Moi Dix Mois, Dir en Grey, Kagerou, Inugami Circus-dan, Glay, and the pillows were the main stuff i listened to back in the day.

I don't really have a favorite genre. I love just about anything. Other than the artists above, I of course love Shiina and TJ, along with YUKI, Tommy February6, Suemitsu and the suemith, Sambomaster, MUCC, Merry, Kozi, IOSYS, and Aya Hirano.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.18, 03:32 AM   #39
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Malice Mizer fans scare me. I like a lot of their music, but all those VK stuff... *shudder*
Yea, I like their music a lot but sometimes their visuals went a little overboard. I don't think I've ever seen any pictures of how their japanese fans dress but I can imagine it's probably something like Mana's gothic lolita style.
Old 2007.09.19, 05:56 AM   #40
Ladymercury

Ladymercury pleased at least somebody

1. What was the first Japanese song you heard?
First Japanese song I heard... wow.... Probably has to be the Tenchi Muyo! theme song. This has to be going back into 1998 when I had just started getting into anime as a young child.

2. Which artists got you interested in finding out more about Japanese music?
Ayumi Hamasaki in 1999. Still a fan to this day. I think LOVEppears is her best album, maybe because it was my first. She wasn't the one that started me into finding out about other Jpop artists, but since its all a blur, she was the first that got me into the japanese music market and not just anime theme songs.

Anything. If it sounds good, I'll listen. I got the Jrock, the Jrap, the Johnny's Entertainment, anything and everything. I don't discriminate. Hell, I even have Hello! Project on here. lol

Some artists I adore are Fujifabric, Quruli, Straightener, Kanjani8, Tackey and Tsubasa, GLAY, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, PE'z, Kyoto Jazz Massive, capsule, MUCC, etc, etc.
Ladymercury is offline   Reply With Quote