Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.04.26, 03:24 PM   #21
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I thought he sounded pretty good at the Super Bowl. And I TOTALLY called hed play "Drive my Car" (along with the usual.)

And I definately don't agree with Hey Jude not standing the test of time.I never was really too keen on Yesterday, but I guess it holds up too.
Old 2007.04.26, 03:27 PM   #22
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I still love them as songs, but after listening to every Beatles album quite a lot, it's usually Paul's epic pop/ballads that makes me want to hit the skip button. Though I rarely skip any Beatles anyway.
Old 2007.04.26, 04:01 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Protip: Listen to independent labels and bands. I'm not opposed to a good major label artist. They're just rare finds. The major labels and RIAA only see music as a commodity and not an art form. Independent artists actually get paid rather than scammed by their labels (or themselves) and generally aren't producing the same shit that gets played all day on the radio or MTV. It's amusing these days to see the major labels suffering because of the internet. People are finding new artists and new ways of hearing music beyond their control and they're scared as fuck about it. We're not restricted to radio and television sets anymore and they're losing that tight grip over our eyes and ears that they've held for so long when it comes to media. They're trying to conform and failing; they're trying to label themselves as alternative and indie without actually being alternative and indie. The RIAA and the major labels under it are trying to charge you for intangible things and doing whatever they can before they crash and have to start from the bottom again. The fact is you're in control now and they can do nothing about it so don't waste your time trying to find good music in the "industry" and look for some geniune artists.
Good point, the internet is definately making it easier not only for the people to download music for free, but also to find new music that we would have never found if our only source for music was MTV. Just as Justriingo had mentioned, most of us probably would not know about Ringo if it was not for music on the internet.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.26, 05:18 PM   #24
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

The Beatles ruined rock'n'roll.

Elvis is the King.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.26, 05:20 PM   #25
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
The Beatles ruined rock'n'roll.
I hope that emoticon means you are joking
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.26, 05:23 PM   #26
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Nice try, Kprov

The Beatles wanted to give peace a chance, Elvis enlisted in the army. Nuff said about that.
Old 2007.04.26, 09:02 PM   #27
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Speaking of The Beatles, I have a friend who looks just like John Lennon (like, seriously...it's kinda creepy), and his dad is one of the biggest Beatles fans I've ever met! Funny coincidence, although dad's more of a Paul guy, from what little I've talked to him about it.

Me, I was never much on The Beatles...my parents didn't really listen to them, and I therefore didn't really listen to them, since I didn't start making my own listening decisions until I was 14 or so. I bought their "1" compilation a couple years ago, but that's it. *prepares to be shot*
Old 2007.04.27, 05:14 AM   #28
Tokyo Jihad

It's ok, you're just a silly "kids these days"
Old 2007.04.27, 06:47 AM   #29
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Nice try, Kprov

The Beatles wanted to give peace a chance, Elvis enlisted in the army. Nuff said about that.

The Beatles destroyed rock by convincing millions of people that a bunch of pasty-looking stiffs in matching dark suits and bowl-shaped haircuts singing "she loves you yeah yeah yeah" was somehow sexy.

I will not hear another word against Elvis Aaron Presley.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.27, 07:03 AM   #30
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Actually, they looked very much like Elvis (Clothes wise) until record execs told them to look smart to enter the charts. Anyway, they lost that look quite quickly and actually evolved the music, rather than staying in the past.