Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.02.03, 02:42 PM   #651
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I really need some clarification re what you mean about being 'awkward':

Have you ever seen a Pink Tokarev live? She's the least awkward in this setting if you ask me.

Unless you mean the PV itself, then OK, but the whole band look awkward, and as slowdive pointed out, it's a homage/parody to the GLAY video for sure.

Thank god that it doesn't sound like GLAY though :-p

It all reminds me of when Boris dressed up like a hair metal band that time

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.02.03 at 02:55 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.03, 05:43 PM   #652
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I've actually seen Omori with Pink Tokarev live in person, and she is most natural, most fierce and energetic when she is playing with them.
They just bring something out in her that gives everything she does such an a fun edge!

Gaaaah when does this come out?? And please please let this mean a full-on Tokarev tour!!
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.03, 06:30 PM   #653
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Comes out early next month (the 4th), same day as the new Hanae album. Also same day as the Wonderful World's End DVD (movie based on those 2 Oomori PVs from Zettai Shoujo, with all music by Oomori).

And Tokarev are always on tour :-p

She's starting the major national Sennou tour soon (or has already started) though, not quite sure who the backing band is for it, but I am pretty sure there'll be some DVD release knowing AVEX.
Old 2015.02.03, 08:15 PM   #654
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I meant in the video, yeah.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.03, 10:35 PM   #655
Parsec

Parsec is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Well, according to a tweet, every single show of her national tour has 100% sold out (though the tour site still has a few shows with tix left right now- perhaps not updated). Pretty impressive for someone who was pretty much 'underground' just a couple of years earlier :-)
Which tweet is this?

Is it this one: https://twitter.com/oomoriseiko15/st...94858127790080

I think it says it's selling out, rather than is completely sold out? But my Japanese is certainly not perfect. Is there a newer tweet?

I wanted to go to this, hope there's still a chance..
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.04, 10:40 AM   #656
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, that tweet says sellING out, not sold out. But the grammar used implies that it's almost entirely sold out, so probably sold out by NOW.

From my experience, Tokaref shows seem to be getting rarer. Last year there were only a handful, I was lucky I was able to see one.

Noooooo, I have to wait a month
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.05, 10:36 PM   #657
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

http://blog.livedoor.jp/omorimorimor.../52190167.html

Looks like the Oomori/Tokarev union has already broken up.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.06, 12:30 AM   #658
deadgrandma

Them boys couldn't take the heat of the spotlight it seems/just weren't idol enough lol

Send off
日頃より、大森靖子及び大森靖子&THEピンクトカレフへの応援ありがとうございます。
皆様へご報告がございます。

この度、大森靖子&THEピンクトカレフは解散する事となりました。
これまで応援してくださったファンの皆様、支えてくださった関係者の皆様には、
心より御礼申し上げます。

3月4日に発売されるアルバム「トカレフ」大森靖子&THEピンクトカレフにとって
最初で最後のアルバムとなってしまいましたが、この音楽は消えることはありません。
皆様の心に、大森靖子&THEピンクトカレフと音楽が生き続け愛して頂けるなら、この上なく幸せです。

心から、ありがとうございました。

エイベックス・ミュージック・クリエイティヴ株式会社 / 大森靖子スタッフ一同

However, this has just been upped:
Tokarev

Disappointed and confused with this news, but then again, all the songs were Oomori tracks anyway.

That single though- my fave solo track made even better. Sigh.

One thing though- my DVD-Rs will probably skyrocket in value now :-p

ALL SONGS CAN BE PREVIEWED HERE http://oomoriseiko.info/discography/
*Wonderful World's End sounds fucking amazing. AND THOSE VOCALS ON みかんのうた.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.02.06 at 04:04 AM.
Old 2015.02.06, 05:54 AM   #659
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

lel
Old 2015.02.06, 06:14 AM   #660
deadgrandma

Reading the blog entry (using Google translate), Oomori sounds pretty bitter. Sounds like the band felt they couldn't grow under a major label. This has happened for bands like Midori and Mass of the Fermenting Dregs too (although slightly different scenarios). Too bad for them I suppose. Perhaps Oomori really is the new Togawa in that she is increasingly getting harder and harder to work with :-p

Would like to get a better translation though, there is obviously a lot of slang in this and a fair amount goes over my head- as with a lot of Oomori tweets and blog entries.

Oh well, at least we'll never see them go Phase 2 on us I suppose :-p

I wonder what this means for Oomori as a songwriter from now- lyrically, she was already quite bleak and edgy. Maybe this will make for some bitter anguished songs in the future. She certainly sounds like she's feeling rather hurt in her entry. A very difficult time, and it's thrown my expectations of having a few Tokarev albums on the side (ala Jihen, Yapoos) of her main solo career out of the water. I guess this is more of an Aunt Sally situation then. I just hope she chooses a new live band or works with Lai Lai Lai Team again, the band that she had on the Kyuru Kyuru DVD were great, but you could clearly hear that they couldn't keep up with her. Maybe an all girl band might suit her better?

It's hard to feel totally devastated though. While I know Tokarev were EXCELLENT live (and the songs they performed live are sounding good so far for this album), we never really got an idea of what they were like with 100% new material- nor do we really know what they would have produced if it wasn't a totally Oomori at the reigns project (ultimately, the album consists mostly of alternative versions of solo tracks)- the other guys may have been as bland as Kameda when it comes to songwriting. You can't miss what you never had.

Nope, as it is now, The Pink Tokarev will forever stay as a 'what if', a great oddity in the career of Oomori.

Or she's just playing Oomori games with us, but I kinda doubt it seeing as AVEX made the official announcement.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.02.06 at 06:33 AM.