Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.06.24, 02:00 PM   #21
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by frecklegirl
She's made songs about getting drunk (at least one) and she's made songs about having sex. You should read some lyrics before you say she hasn't. :O gasp!
I think you're hinting I should go to someone's Shiina Ringo lyrics website, but I'm not sure...
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.24, 06:08 PM   #22
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

[last post in this thread]
rap is for people who're tone deaf.
and also an excuse to dress like a guy with a mid-life crisis (i.e utterly tasteless) and still be labeled "stylish".

(as you can see, me and rap fans don't get along at all.)
Old 2007.06.24, 06:17 PM   #23
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
I think you're hinting I should go to someone's Shiina Ringo lyrics website, but I'm not sure...
Yeah, exactly, that was a shameless plug for my site. Errr, no. Any site is fine, it doesn't have to be mine. I'm just a tireless champion of the people-should-actually-read-some-lyrics-once-in-a-while cause (it's pretty much just me and kuro_neko in that boat though).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.02, 07:59 PM   #24
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I like rap... @_@;;;; But, I don't listen to a lot of it. Actually, I don't know what the difference between rap and hip-hop is.

I think there's something admirable in rappers writing about society and peace. Even if I don't like the music, I can enjoy their songs for their lyrics and their intent. But, it's also hypocritical of me to say this since the only hip-hop artists I listen to rap in a language I don't understand. @_@;; In their cases, I guess I really like the people they are (from what I know) and their beliefs. It's also a good thing for me that they (and most hip-hop artists) rap more in English now.

Anyway, my favorite hip-hop artists are Epik High and m-flo (if they count as hip-hop anymore. @_@) But I actually like the music/sounds they make, too! I'm thinking of listening to Lupe Fiasco's music now that I've heard him collaborate with VERBAL. o_o Has anyone heard of him?
Old 2007.10.03, 07:37 AM   #25
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Rap is like paprika. A tart flavor that's good here and there, but you don't want to put it in everything.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.03, 04:35 PM   #26
badtzmaru

If I understand your simile correctly, then I think I agree with you. Although it was amusing, I didn't really like Uki's rap especially in a beautiful song like "Himitsu." >_<;; I think it would've been better in "Service" or "Crawl."
Old 2007.10.03, 05:19 PM   #27
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Uki's rap, well Uki as a whole, doesn't belong anywhere.
Old 2007.10.03, 05:23 PM   #28
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Uki belongs to fluffie.
Old 2007.10.03, 05:42 PM   #29
badtzmaru

Hehehheheeh XDD *giggling at JR's comment and at how JR and Maou post like a couple* XD
Old 2007.10.04, 10:15 AM   #30
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I don't like rap in general... but there are some things... I just can't help but listening to... like some older Dragon Ash songs or a lot of stuff by Halcali... and c'mon... one just HAS to love uki's rapping in himitsu.. XDD
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote